Who returns punts?

RESNewYork

Marshall returns punts and if he struggles Decker takes over. This CS seems to value versatility and Marshall has a better chance to contribute more on O than Ross did. In other words, unless it is our Kicker, Long Snapper, or Punter you must contribute at more than just Special Teams positions and have at least some potential on an O or D position.

3 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Marshall returns punts and if he struggles Decker takes over. This CS seems to value versatility and Marshall has a better chance to contribute more on O than Ross did. In other words, unless it is our Kicker, Long Snapper, or Punter you must contribute at more than just Special Teams positions and have at least some potential on an O or D position.

Never happen!  However our newest RB has some pedigree in this dept.  

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I thought he looked pretty good back that. He muffed one but did not get panicked and easily recovered his own fumble. I think he will be fine as PR, but it seems the OP really dislikes Jalin for some reason.

He really misjudged that one by maybe 5 yards but he looked okay on most of the others. 

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I thought he looked pretty good back that. He muffed one but did not get panicked and easily recovered his own fumble. I think he will be fine as PR, but it seems the OP really dislikes Jalin for some reason.

No I am a fan of Jalin. However dropping passes is nothing compared to muffing a punt. That's a game changer. 

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

I love the idea of Decker returning punts. Hell, I'd put Revis in punt team coverage as a gunner n Leonard in the kickoff team. 

Decker did it last year in a pinch. I wasn't stating it as an ideal situation. It would probably be something temporary if Marshall fails miserably until a better solution came along. Quite frankly I think the STs including punt returning will probably be much better this year. I am more concerned with the RT spot since with literally no exp. with whichever guy we start back there the pass rush will be focusing on that side. Just cause we have 4 QBs doesn't mean we would want to cycle through them before Halloween.

6 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Decker did it last year in a pinch. I wasn't stating it as an ideal situation. It would probably be something temporary if Marshall fails miserably until a better solution came along. Quite frankly I think the STs including punt returning will probably be much better this year. I am more concerned with the RT spot since with literally no exp. with whichever guy we start back there the pass rush will be focusing on that side. Just cause we have 4 QBs doesn't mean we would want to cycle through them before Halloween.

For some reason I'm only half concerned with our RT spot.  Fitz get rid of the ball quickly so the passing downs half is ok I figure.  The running half will be a problem because of the poor blocking and the lack of a thumper RB.   IHMO, the run game is out biggest concern this season.

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Revis was the superior punt returner...if you were going that route. 

You know exactly which route I was going. Have we not learned anything from the Devin Smith KO return? I'm pretty sure that's the reason we didn't cut Jalin (yet?). 

12 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

He did, and I thought it was just as crzay then as  I do now.  Unless he's just back there to fair catch the ball in which case he should even bail on that if there's some idiot second-year player trying to make  a name for himself heading his way.

Archived