John Idzik's 12-man draft class.

kmnj

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, nyjets782 said:

Or he could have signed any one of 4 other corners that would have come more cheap than the secondary overall we underwent last offseason.  Leaving huge gaping holes in your roster has never been a solid "plan".  Do I really need to bring up the name Dimitri Patterson?

He did try to sign the two corners he thought were the best (and most expensive guys) in DRC and Vontae Davis. Not every player wants to come to the Jets and to play for the great Rex Ryan. DRC chose the Giants for money and because he preferred the NYG, one reason for that is because his mentor with the Cardinals Antoine Rolle was on the team. And Davis got a counteroffer from the Colts (the team he played for) and accepted it over the Jets. We were in the running for both players. He did not ignore the CB position and then signed Paterson who was a legit NFL corner with starting experience and success. Look a lot of teams sign players like Patterson and take chances on them. As was the case with just about everything in 2014 it didn't work out. The Jets are taking chances on some players too not every signing is a guy with perfect credentials health wise or behavior wise. 

15 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Mac's first draft in 2015 only 2 guys out of 6 hit the field (and one was Devin Smith) and he cut his last two picks. Hopefully Deion Simon who made the team this year hangs around and contributes. NFL careers aren't that long esp for higher draft picks. And even after they make a team if they later have vet status they are the first players cut. Because of salary considerations. An NFL team will take a rookie over a vet if they have a choice. Let's see how this plays out with that 2014 Jets draft and where the chips fall. Some of these guys like Jeremiah George and Brandon Dixon have been on NFL teams regular season and having a 2 year career is not that far below average for a fringe player. And sometime during 2016 their careers could continue. Same for Tommy Bohanon. How's about not blaming an org or a player for being injured and saying that guy is crap when it's not their fault. Every single guy drafted by Idzik in 2013 has had an NFL career even William Campbell who is now a FA but has been on 3 practice squads. Sometimes it takes a few years for a player to really make it. As for the 2014 draft most of these late draft picks made teams. You can go over every single team in the NFL and evaluate their drafts and you'll see that later picks are often no longer on the team. Every single pick in 2014 even Tajh Boyd ended up  at least on a PS and most of those guys played regulation games in the NFL. And Jace Amaro is on the Titans. Hey look ii the media hates somebody like they did Idzik I'm going to think twice before I kill the guy. If they despise him he can't be all that bad.

Holy Freaking Moses!!!

18 minutes ago, nyjets782 said:

Or he could have signed any one of 4 other corners that would have come more cheap than the secondary overall we underwent last offseason.  Leaving huge gaping holes in your roster has never been a solid "plan".  Do I really need to bring up the name Dimitri Patterson?

You say he could have singed any of 4 CBs cheap and he did just that with patterson, cheap = lousy.

There are times to go for it and times not to go for it.  Getting mid level [layers and playing the moon is not smart management, see the redskins over the last decade.

19 minutes ago, nyjets782 said:

Richardson and Pryor and????????????  Several usually infers more than 2.

How many do you want in two years. And unlike Mac with Williams he didn't get the 6th overall pick. And last year Williams wasn't even close to Pro Bowl. So how many Pro Bowlers has Mac drafted? 

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

He did try to sign the two corners he thought were the best (and most expensive guys) in DRC and Vontae Davis. Not every player wants to come to the Jets and to play for the great Rex Ryan. DRC chose the Giants for money and because he preferred the NYG, one reason for that is because his mentor with the Cardinals Antoine Rolle was on the team. And Davis got a counteroffer from the Colts (the team he played for) and accepted it over the Jets. We were in the running for both players. He did not ignore the CB position and then signed Paterson who was a legit NFL corner with starting experience and success. Look a lot of teams sign players like Patterson and take chances on them. As was the case with just about everything in 2014 it didn't work out. The Jets are taking chances on some players too not every signing is a guy with perfect credentials health wise or behavior wise. 

You are like the lone guy standing on the Titanic telling everyone "Nothing to see here".  He ignored Revis (who would have been cheaper the year before), Talib and Flowers.  The problem with all of your arguments is that after a move like Patterson blows up in his face, you actually still argue that it was a good move.  Patterson played for 6 other teams.  He was a journeyman at best.  And we know the result was an unmitigated disaster, yet you look back 3 years and say "definitely a solid move".  You can defend the guy like he's your fun uncle all you want.  He was the worst GM for any team in the last 20 years.  You simply don't take a team that went 8-8 with a rookie QB, 12 draft picks and $50M to spend and say "yup, time to break it all down." 

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

You say he could have singed any of 4 CBs cheap and he did just that with patterson, cheap = lousy.

There are times to go for it and times not to go for it.  Getting mid level [layers and playing the moon is not smart management, see the redskins over the last decade.

You obviously misunderstood my post.  What I said was cheaper than the overhaul they went at corner in last offseason - meaning the MARKET was cheaper.  You took that to mean sign a cheap player.  Ignoring it in a cheaper market only made them have to overpay to fix it last year when the cap went up and the market for corners went up.  I do not consider having a competent starter at the most important position on your defense (based on Rex' defense) as "going for it."  Instead, he drooled all over himself in the offseason, they had the worst secondary in football, the team sucked and he's now a pencil pusher which is all he should have ever been in the first place.

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

How many do you want in two years. And unlike Mac with Williams he didn't get the 6th overall pick. And last year Williams wasn't even close to Pro Bowl. So how many Pro Bowlers has Mac drafted? 

Refer to your own post!!!!   You said Idzik drafted several pro bowl caliber players and when your insane statement gets called out, instead of defending it, you change the subject and you run to try to compare it to Mac who's only draft with actual results to this point is one year old.  How many rookie Pro Bowlers do you typically find?

And guess what?  Mac didn't have 3 first rounders in 2 years and 18 picks in 2 years.  And Idzik had the 9th overall pick - that will be your next argument - that the 6 pick was so much better than 9 so it explains away the difference between Milliner and Leo.  Not only does Idzik not have several pro bowlers, he has a fringe pro bowler that has been suspended for 5 games in 2 years and is one joint away from spending a year out of football, a safety that is solid but has not sniffed the pro bowl and a 3rd wideout/hybrid TE with 270 yards receiving to his name.  The rest of his 15 picks in the 2 years produced absolutely nothing. 

So after your attempt to change the subject, tell me who the several pro bowl level players are that Idzik drafted... your statement, not mine.....

1 hour ago, nyjets782 said:

You are like the lone guy standing on the Titanic telling everyone "Nothing to see here".  He ignored Revis (who would have been cheaper the year before), Talib and Flowers.  The problem with all of your arguments is that after a move like Patterson blows up in his face, you actually still argue that it was a good move.  Patterson played for 6 other teams.  He was a journeyman at best.  And we know the result was an unmitigated disaster, yet you look back 3 years and say "definitely a solid move".  You can defend the guy like he's your fun uncle all you want.  He was the worst GM for any team in the last 20 years.  You simply don't take a team that went 8-8 with a rookie QB, 12 draft picks and $50M to spend and say "yup, time to break it all down." 

That's funny when Mac signs moderate players to replace good players they didn't want to pay like McClendon when they didn't re-sign Snacks and let him go to our cross town rival that's ok. And the Revis trade was a real smart deal esp for an injured player and the return he got for Revis. Then Mac comes on board and re-signs Revis for 17 mil per season 39 guaranteed and we saw the kind of production he had last year. Now what was the smarter deal: trading Revis or re-signing him for the highest contract ever for a corner. 

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

That's funny when Mac signs moderate players to replace good players they didn't want to pay like McClendon when they didn't re-sign Snacks and let him go to our cross town rival that's ok. And the Revis trade was a real smart deal esp for an injured player and the return he got for Revis. Then Mac comes on board and re-signs Revis for 17 mil per season 39 guaranteed and we saw the kind of production he had last year. Now what was the smarter deal: trading Revis or re-signing him for the highest contract ever for a corner. 

McClendon hasn't played a down in a Jet uniform...how do you compare that to anything?  Pretty much across the board, Jet fans liked Snacks, appreciated him, but don't want to pay that kind of money for a 2 down player at the deepest and best unit on the team.  That has nothing to do with Idzik ignoring a position entirely and the only guy he does sign was a total abject failure who was on his 7th team.  Let me guess... you still love the Kyle Brady pick, don't you?  If you can defend Dimitri Patterson, you are obviously not worth engaging in any serious debate.

It's easy to argue if you simply ignore all the areas in which you are shown to be wrong.  Who mentioned anything about the Revis trade?  I mentioned re-signing Revis a year earlier when he signed with NE as opposed to a year later.  It was much more of a seller's market when we actually signed him as opposed to the year before when we should have signed him. 

I'm still happy we have Revis.  On Sunday when we are trying to defend AJ Green, I'll take him all day over the likes of Dimitri Patterson, Dee Milliner and Dexter McDougle.

On 9/6/2016 at 11:22 AM, kmnj said:

down to three people -two of which will never be more than jags

only guy left pryor and the book is still open on him

all of the izadick apologists must be thrilled  with the results-many times sadly the fans do know better-each year after awful drafts some defend and defend and defend the picks saying these guys are experts and dumb fans no nothing-we are left hearing "he has a plan" "he knows more than the guys sitting at home watching"

I get having Hope but Hope cant surpass reality

keep-it-brutal.gif

:rip:

15 minutes ago, nyjets782 said:

McClendon hasn't played a down in a Jet uniform...how do you compare that to anything?  Pretty much across the board, Jet fans liked Snacks, appreciated him, but don't want to pay that kind of money for a 2 down player at the deepest and best unit on the team.  That has nothing to do with Idzik ignoring a position entirely and the only guy he does sign was a total abject failure who was on his 7th team.  Let me guess... you still love the Kyle Brady pick, don't you?  If you can defend Dimitri Patterson, you are obviously not worth engaging in any serious debate.

It's easy to argue if you simply ignore all the areas in which you are shown to be wrong.  Who mentioned anything about the Revis trade?  I mentioned re-signing Revis a year earlier when he signed with NE as opposed to a year later.  It was much more of a seller's market when we actually signed him as opposed to the year before when we should have signed him. 

I'm still happy we have Revis.  On Sunday when we are trying to defend AJ Green, I'll take him all day over the likes of Dimitri Patterson, Dee Milliner and Dexter McDougle.

I like Revis too but not for 17 mil. Patterson was signed as a fallback when Idzik failed to sign DRC or Davis. Just like McClendon. He had 4 picks in 4 games started in 2013 with Miami. And over 20 starts in his career. He was not a totally unqualified player and didn't win a starting job. That was part of the problem with him. He coped an attitude after he didn't get the starting job. Basically Idzik tried to build a secondary via the draft. And free agency. He signed Marcus Williams. One position does not make a team and CB wasn't the only reason we were 4-12. 

15 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I like Revis too but not for 17 mil. Patterson was signed as a fallback when Idzik failed to sign DRC or Davis. Just like McClendon. He had 4 picks in 4 games started in 2013 with Miami. And over 20 starts in his career. He was not a totally unqualified player and didn't win a starting job. That was part of the problem with him. He coped an attitude after he didn't get the starting job. Basically Idzik tried to build a secondary via the draft. And free agency. He signed Marcus Williams. One position does not make a team and CB wasn't the only reason we were 4-12. 

It would not have been $17 million if we signed him the prior year.... yeesh... you just aren't getting it.  You state the fact that Patterson was a fallback like it is somehow news to all of us.  He played for 7 teams!!!  He was a journeyman with an injury histroy.  Dee Milliner had 3 picks in 2 games... guess what?  He sucks.  Telling me what Patterson did in a 4 game stretch is like me saying Geno is a Hall of Famer based on his play in the final 4 games of '14.  Do you realize your argument falls flat on its face because we know what the result was?  A total disaster.  Yes Patterson coped an attitude and yes he was injured and yes he went AWOL = what conclusion?  BAD MOVE BY A BAD GM! 

Going into '14 the only selection he made at corner was a 6th rounder.  Hardly a great "plan" if you are going to build through the draft.  Marcus Williams was signed mid-season off the Texans practice squad so how does that equate to a plan going into 2014?

CB was one of the MANY reasons we went 4-12 but clearly that and QB - you know, the one HE drafted - were the team's 2 biggest holes.  Somehow all of the suckage at a variety of positions including WR all relate back to your boy's ineptitude.  I know it hurts for you to hear it, but he was the worst football GM in the modern NFL era.

McClendon hasn't played yet so to try to compare a fill in who has yet to actually fill in to a guy who was an abortion of a signing is simply madness.  Yes they were both signed as replacements...most FA's are... and they both have N's at the end of their names... other than that, can McClendon play a down first?

I am still waiting for you to list your guy's SEVERAL pro bowlers that he drafted....

On September 6, 2016 at 11:32 AM, Beerfish said:

Idzik did a good job on the planning and financial side of the team.  He was an atrocious evaluator of talent and drafter.  

Letting contracts run out without replacing those players is hardly planning the financial side of a team.  I dont see how stripping the team of talent and allowing them to lose 12 games, punting on a season is part of anyones plan.

Could be a part of being so in over his head when it came to talent evaluation.  He may not have realized how bad the team was while he sat on his hands doing nothing.  

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Letting contracts run out without replacing those players is hardly planning the financial side of a team.  I dont see how stripping the team of talent and allowing them to lose 12 games, punting on a season is part of anyones plan.

Could be a part of being so in over his head when it came to talent evaluation.  He may not have realized how bad the team was while he sat on his hands doing nothing.  

I believe he said we had enough talent to win the SB. I may be mistaken but I though I saw that quote attributed to him. I  though it was so stupid I did not even read the article.

1 minute ago, jetfan39 said:

I believe he said we had enough talent to win the SB. I may be mistaken but I though I saw that quote attributed to him. I  though it was so stupid I did not even read the article.

That was a pretty stupid thing to say.  Even if we did have enough talent.

He didnt see how well those idiotic quotes worked for Rex?  With a better roster no less

19 minutes ago, nyjets782 said:

It would not have been $17 million if we signed him the prior year.... yeesh... you just aren't getting it.  You state the fact that Patterson was a fallback like it is somehow news to all of us.  He played for 7 teams!!!  He was a journeyman with an injury histroy.  Dee Milliner had 3 picks in 2 games... guess what?  He sucks.  Telling me what Patterson did in a 4 game stretch is like me saying Geno is a Hall of Famer based on his play in the final 4 games of '14.  Do you realize your argument falls flat on its face because we know what the result was?  A total disaster.  Yes Patterson coped an attitude and yes he was injured and yes he went AWOL = what conclusion?  BAD MOVE BY A BAD GM! 

Going into '14 the only selection he made at corner was a 6th rounder.  Hardly a great "plan" if you are going to build through the draft.  Marcus Williams was signed mid-season off the Texans practice squad so how does that equate to a plan going into 2014?

CB was one of the MANY reasons we went 4-12 but clearly that and QB - you know, the one HE drafted - were the team's 2 biggest holes.  Somehow all of the suckage at a variety of positions including WR all relate back to your boy's ineptitude.  I know it hurts for you to hear it, but he was the worst football GM in the modern NFL era.

McClendon hasn't played yet so to try to compare a fill in who has never actually filled in to a guy who was an abortion of a signing is simply madness.  Yes they were both signed as replacements...most FA's are... and they both have N's at the end of their names... other than that, can McClendon play a down first?

I am still waiting for you to list your guy's SEVERAL pro bowlers that he drafted....

He had two drafts and drafted 3 high picks for the secondary. Milliner was rated the top corner in the 2013 draft. Pryor was supposed to replace Laron Landry. Mac cut two of the three last week but they are still both in the organization. Milliner has been injured or he might have been the player they thought he was going to be. And his career isn't over yet. Patterson again was a legit pickup and a corner with a lot of experience. And a guy who'd played well including the previous season. He wasn't really signed to be a starter but he had a chance in training camp to win a job. Idzik traded Revis when his value was down and NEP got a good deal for him at 12 mil after a just ok year with the Bucs..The only reason they signed him. Woody even said if he could have gotten that deal he might have signed him in 2014. Personally I think the entire Revis episode was via the owner not either GM. The trade, not signing him in 2014 and the re-signing last year. Funny you blame Idzik for the 17 mil that's kind of hilarious. They didn't have to sign him at all. And it was the first day Revis was a FA. It was stupid. As for McClendon he's probably a good signing a lot better than Patterson was. But you didn't know at that time Patterson wasn't going to even play for us. IMO Idzik deserved a third season because it was at least a 3 year plan and the owner was privy to exactly what he was planning to do. I'm not going to jump on the popular bandwagon of hating Idzik just because the press wanted us to. He deserved more time and firing him after two seasons was a joke. 

43 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He had two drafts and drafted 3 high picks for the secondary. Milliner was rated the top corner in the 2013 draft. Pryor was supposed to replace Laron Landry. Mac cut two of the three last week but they are still both in the organization. Milliner has been injured or he might have been the player they thought he was going to be. And his career isn't over yet. Patterson again was a legit pickup and a corner with a lot of experience. And a guy who'd played well including the previous season. He wasn't really signed to be a starter but he had a chance in training camp to win a job. Idzik traded Revis when his value was down and NEP got a good deal for him at 12 mil after a just ok year with the Bucs..The only reason they signed him. Woody even said if he could have gotten that deal he might have signed him in 2014. Personally I think the entire Revis episode was via the owner not either GM. The trade, not signing him in 2014 and the re-signing last year. Funny you blame Idzik for the 17 mil that's kind of hilarious. They didn't have to sign him at all. And it was the first day Revis was a FA. It was stupid. As for McClendon he's probably a good signing a lot better than Patterson was. But you didn't know at that time Patterson wasn't going to even play for us. IMO Idzik deserved a third season because it was at least a 3 year plan and the owner was privy to exactly what he was planning to do. I'm not going to jump on the popular bandwagon of hating Idzik just because the press wanted us too. He deserved more time and firing him after two seasons was a joke. 

The only thing hilarious about this post is the fact that after all the ineptitude of this fool of a GM, you consistently waste your time making the absolute worst sports arguments ever made to defend him.  When a move blows up in your face like Milliner or Patterson or Goodson or Amaro, you don't get to go back and say it was a good move because he had a plan at the time...that's madness.  Milliner had 5 surgeries in college for God sakes and you act like it was just bad luck that he's always injured.  His drafts get worse with age and you pine for more time with him running things.  Even after they drafted Milliner (who struggled as a rookie, then got worse) when they let Cro go, they had a huge hole and he tried to fill it with the likes of Patterson and McDougle.  All Idzik sympathizers tout the fact that he saved money by not signing anyone which is the reason I blame him for the spending purge in 2014 to fix the position.  Saving money that year only necessitated drastic measures to fix it.  It's hilarious that this concept still seems to evade the Idzik apologists. 

His plan was a joke, his drafts were a joke and his tenure was a joke.  But to you it is a media bandwagon conspiracy... AND you believe he deserved another year...some people will believe anything.... I'm still waiting on the several pro bowl players he drafted...maybe at some point you will acknowledge that was a silly statement.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

C'mon man. He drafted two CBs in the first three rounds, one cleared waivers and landed on IR, the other cleared waivers and landed on the practice squad. The fallback option successfully accomplished the Irish goodbye. Did he talk to him before he signed him? This after he traded away the best CB in football. Collectively, a major fvck up. Maccagnan found a guy in the fourth who looks better than any of them. 

And no, yeah, not the only reason. The man completely whiffed on WRs in the strongest WR draft in history. Finding a guy who would develop into a halfway decent H-back in the sixth round doesn't give him a pass for two fourth rounders out of the league (or is one -by golly!- on a practice squad?). 

His complete inability to consummate a trade in two drafts, especially one where he had 12 picks, is particularly damning. The guy wasn't just in over his head, he had cement blocks chained to his ankles. 

I don't know how anyone can defend this guy. As far as I am concerned the only thing he did well was fleece Tampa out of a 1st for a CB coming off a major injury on his last year on a contract (whom we couldn't sign). But his drafts?

2013 (previous FO scouting)

Milliner - gamble with injuries - only on team as he is hurt again; couldn't even get a 7th for this guy; will be released once healthy - so never)

Richardson - gamble with his attitude and rep - have had some issues, but fortunately he has been working out well (even including the suspensions)

Geno Smith - going to leave this one alone as it has been talked to death (but a high 2nd for this guy should be considered a gamble if Petty in the 4th is a gamble)

Brian Winters - starting guard, call this one a win (even though he isn't great) - still starting guard.

Oday Aboushi - no longer on the team; with old coach at Texans - if you cannot make this team with our OL as bad as it is, that isn't good

William Cambell - no longer on team; just released from 4th team in 4 years

Tommy Bohannon - no longer on team; just released 

Pryor - good player - a bit of a rich IMO as #18 pick, but win

Amaro - no longer on the team, couldn't make a team with absolutely nothing in TE; let's see how long he lasts

McDoogle - injury history, just released and resigned onto practice squad

Saunders and Evans - no longer on team (or on any team) 4th round picks in a draft full of WR.

Doizer - made that team - not a starter on a terrible OL, but he at least made the team - not too bad for a 4th round pick 

George - just released from 3rd team; not currently on any roster

Dixon - just released form 5th team; not currently on any roster

Enunwa - steal in the 6th round

IK - on Bills roster

Boyd - not on any NFL roster (tried other leagues too)

Reilly - just released from our IR list after reaching a settlement.

Not very good drafting at all. 19 picks, 4 or 5 on our team (plus an IR),  (including practice squad) many out of the league. In another year, I would imagine another couple will leave the Jets, some more may drop out of NFL.

Revis should've never been traded. Don't care what the contract was.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

If Idzik offered more money and was turned down you might be right.  But as it is he lowballed DRC when he was there to be signed.  If he offered what the Giants did he never would have left the building.  And Vontae Davis never was leaving when the Colts made their offer.  

1 hour ago, slats said:

C'mon man. He drafted two CBs in the first three rounds, one cleared waivers and landed on IR, the other cleared waivers and landed on the practice squad. The fallback option successfully accomplished the Irish goodbye. Did he talk to him before he signed him? This after he traded away the best CB in football. Collectively, a major fvck up. Maccagnan found a guy in the fourth who looks better than any of them. 

And no, yeah, not the only reason. The man completely whiffed on WRs in the strongest WR draft in history. Finding a guy who would develop into a halfway decent H-back in the sixth round doesn't give him a pass for two fourth rounders out of the league (or is one -by golly!- on a practice squad?). 

His complete inability to consummate a trade in two drafts, especially one where he had 12 picks, is particularly damning. The guy wasn't just in over his head, he had cement blocks chained to his ankles. 

I don't blame Mac really for the Revis signing. Because probably the owner was behind it and told him to do it. Just the way he told Idzik to get rid of him. During that period after firing Tanny when Woody was searching for a new GM we heard stuff like that in the press. That to get the job you had to keep Rex and get rid of Revis which Idzik did and he made a good trade. But it was one of two nonsensical things Mac has done with the Jets. The other being the stupid 7 months it took to sign Fitz. Possibly another case of Woody meddling. The 3rd could be the over drafting of Hack and that one is all on Mac. To irrationally blame Idzik for everything including the 17 mil to Revis is a joke. 

8 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

A rookie that wasn't a Pro Bowler? Bust!

On 09/06/2016 at 0:08 PM, nyjunc said:

he didn't spend at all outside of decker.  he was saving for the offseason after the 2014 season when he could fire Rex, hire his own coach and then look good by bringing in a ton of talent.

I do appreciate him not overspending on a corner that year though even though it was a huge need.  Unfortunately his 12 person draft was a golden opportunity that he blew.

Hmmm...  why do I think it is probably a safe bet that you were one of the holdouts that though the billboards were a bad idea and/or one of the very few that was defending that incompetent horse-faced stooge through his entire tenure and possibly beyond. The "buh, buh, we can't judge a draft after only one year!" crowd.

Aren't you one of the Schitty jock supporters too?

If I am wrong, my apologies.   If I am right, you shouldn't  be allowed to offer an opinion on the matter.

Look if Mehta and Cimini say left I'm going right. We'll see how Mac does, his first year he spent all of money and cap space Idzik saved. And it's not as easy as some of you think. Like fans could have earned that cap space. These guys are professionals and we check sites like Sportrac and don't know what we're talking about. Hopefully Mac has a good run here but will he have losing seasons. Let's hope not. 

14 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Hmmm...  why do I think it is probably a safe bet that you were one of the holdouts that though the billboards were a bad idea and/or one of the very few that was defending that incompetent horse-faced stooge through his entire tenure and possibly beyond. The "buh, buh, we can't judge a draft after only one year!" crowd.

Aren't you one of the Schitty jock supporters too?

If I am wrong, my apologies.   If I am right, you shouldn't  be allowed to offer an opinion on the matter.

the billboards just made our crappy fanbase look even worse and it encourages that idiotic behavior in the future.

You mean Brian Schottenheimer who helped us make 3 postseasons and win a lot of games?  yeah I like him.

you have a USA soccer logo as your avatar, you shouldn't be allowed to comment on real football.

14 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Look if Mehta and Cimini say left I'm going right. We'll see how Mac does, his first year he spent all of money and cap space Idzik saved. And it's not as easy as some of you think. Like fans could have earned that cap space. These guys are professionals and we check sites like Sportrac and don't know what we're talking about. Hopefully Mac has a good run here but will he have losing seasons. Let's hope not. 

Mac HAD to spend that money to get up to the cap floor because your guy drooled all over himself for 2 offseasons.  And by free agency standards, he did quite well.  Being a contrarian just to be a contrarian is not sophisticated, it is just annoying.

Just now, nyjets782 said:

Mac HAD to spend that money to get up to the cap floor because your guy drooled all over himself for 2 offseasons.  And by free agency standards, he did quite well.  Being a contrarian just to be a contrarian is not sophisticated, it is just annoying.

He's not my guy but Mac obviously is yours. You even look like him. No other team was going to pay Revis 17 mil per season. According to you that was Idzik's fault even though he was gone. At least acknowledge his mistakes. We'll see if the team has a turnaround in the future like the Jets did in 2014. Easy to place the blame on one person and make them the pariah. It's too easy and inaccurate. 

He's not my guy but Mac obviously is yours. You even look like him. No other team was going to pay Revis 17 mil per season. According to you that was Idzik's fault even though he was gone. At least acknowledge his mistakes. We'll see if the team has a turnaround in the future like the Jets did in 2014. Easy to place the blame on one person and make them the pariah. It's too easy and inaccurate. 

With all due respect all we know is that jets paid more than any other team would--that's the nature of winning a bid for a free agent--but we don't know if the next highest was 1 dollar less or 1 million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

With all due respect all we know is that jets paid more than any other team would--that's the nature of winning a bid for a free agent--but we don't know if the next highest was 1 dollar less or 1 million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was no bidding. At least based on what we heard. Some interest. But Woody signed him the first day of his free agency. If Mac is such a tough negotiator and it takes seven months to sign his starting Qb (and he ends up paying him the amount he asked for anyways) then why give him the highest deal ever for a corner back without further negotiations. I like Revis a lot, he is my favorite all time Jets player. But he's not worth that contract and we saw that on the field last year. And the structuring of the deal is stupid too. All in Revis's favor. He gets the big money the first three years and then gets very good money the last two years. So basically he probably is going to get the entire 70 million which is highly unusual for a 5 year deal. So if you're going to spend your cap space then spread it around not just on one player. 

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

There was no bidding. At least based on what we heard. Some interest. But Woody signed him the first day of his free agency. If Mac is such a tough negotiator and it takes seven months to sign his starting Qb (and he ends up paying him the amount he asked for anyways) then why give him the highest deal ever for a corner back without further negotiations. I like Revis a lot, he is my favorite all time Jets player. But he's not worth that contract and we saw that on the field last year. And the structuring of the deal is stupid too. All in Revis's favor. He gets the big money the first three years and then gets very good money the last two years. So basically he probably is going to get the entire 70 million which is highly unusual for a 5 year deal. So if you're going to spend your cap space then spread it around not just on one player. 

You're being selective. There were reports he was asking for $18M. Who knows what's true or false but you're just ignoring all reports you don't like. 

Archived