The JetNation RV : Coming Soon

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

It's a few years down the road but BMW is introducing an X7 which would be a full-sized minivan replacement disguised as an SUV, will be the cool-kids car in the school parking lot.

Truth is, love the X5, but the Honda Odyssey is still the best family car we've ever owned.  Took me awhile to get over the stigma, but the thing was a beast, carried everything, all 7 passengers sat in full comfort with gobs of space, electric doors made ingress/egress painless, never cared if it got a ding or a scratch.  Sounds like blasphemy, but something you should consider.

SAR I

Haven't sat in an Odyssey, but Asian cars are tough because I'm tall with long legs.  Ford Edge is a pretty solid affordable family car until Telsa Time though!  But we'll see.  My MC is still getting the job done for now.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, gEYno said:

Struggling a little bit with an ML right now.  It's fine, but we have an 8-month-old, and when you put in an infant car-seat, the front passenger seat becomes unusable because of how far the seat needs to be put forward to accommodate the car seat.  When we travel, my wife sits in the back seat, behind me, with the baby.  Not that we have any immediate plans, but my fear is that a second child makes the car obsolete.  My limited experience is that at least this luxury SUV is more luxury than SUV.

is that with all car seats or just some brands?  we tested it out a couple of years ago and didn't run into this problem.

get the MDX.  sure it's not as good as the ML/GL/X5 but its' a great ride and lots of room.  plus, it has buillt in dvd with wireless headphones.  priceless.

37 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

We had to upgrade to GLS since a 5 passenger car wasn't good for us anymore. My friend works at Mercedes and he has yearly 2 car allowence for Employee Discount. He used one for me this year and I am picking it up Friday. You can't go wrong with GLS. 

nice... did you get to save a lot off of  MSRP?

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

is that with all car seats or just some brands?  we tested it out a couple of years ago and didn't run into this problem.

get the MDX.  sure it's not as good as the ML/GL/X5 but its' a great ride and lots of room.  plus, it has buillt in dvd with wireless headphones.  priceless.

Couldn't say.  But the one I have isn't particularly huge, but not small either.  Super frustrating though.

1 hour ago, Fibonacci said:

We had to upgrade to GLS since a 5 passenger car wasn't good for us anymore. My friend works at Mercedes and he has yearly 2 car allowence for Employee Discount. He used one for me this year and I am picking it up Friday. You can't go wrong with GLS. 

nice... did you get to save a lot off of  MSRP?

15 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

MSRP is $74,805

Employee Pricing is $66,028. Saved around $8,800.

awesome.

5 hours ago, joewilly said:

Max you should break in the RV with a fall foliage trip in early October. White mountains is awesome. Maybe run over some patriot fans on the way back.

LOL sounds like a plan.

Good to see you JW btw.

5 hours ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

I would like to apply for this security guard position. I will audition free of charge to you on Sunday October 9th. I have already booked a room so accommodations in the motor home will not be necessary however a few cheeseburgers would be nice. 

Ps I will NOT clean up the executive rest room.

You are hired. Cheeseburgers it will be.

I just updated your title to reflect this change!

3 hours ago, JiF said:

That thing looks beautiful.  Is it weird that the first thought that came to mind is that I want to be the first to christen the thrown at the tailgate? 

Yeah. No.

That door will be LOCKED hahaha.

4 hours ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

Thank you for the prestigious title and the cheeseburgers. I wont let you down!

Nobody gets in the bathroom man. The bathroom is the President. If you have to dive to block someone, you do it. That's the job, hahaha.

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yeah. No.

That door will be LOCKED hahaha.

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

Nobody gets in the bathroom man. The bathroom is the President. If you have to dive to block someone, you do it. That's the job, hahaha.

You hired this guy to keep me out of the bathroom? 

19 hours ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

Thank you for the prestigious title and the cheeseburgers. I wont let you down!

Maybe he doesnt know how much we've bonded?

It is funny that you say that @JiF. I just met with the seller, the guy is so nice. He was away when I picked it up so he did a formal hand off, showed me some things with the RV etc. Really cool dude.

Anyhow...he says oh when you have this thing at the stadium, random people will just try to use your bathroom. I have seen that with the Harley RV...people randomly just try to go inside and use your bathroom. Not happening. Duane is on the scene!

40 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is funny that you say that @JiF. I just met with the seller, the guy is so nice. He was away when I picked it up so he did a formal hand off, showed me some things with the RV etc. Really cool dude.

Anyhow...he says oh when you have this thing at the stadium, random people will just try to use your bathroom. I have seen that with the Harley RV...people randomly just try to go inside and use your bathroom. Not happening. Duane is on the scene!

Duane can be bought...

On 9/21/2016 at 1:48 PM, JiF said:

That thing looks beautiful.  Is it weird that the first thought that came to mind is that I want to be the first to christen the thrown at the tailgate? 

Throne.

Unless you are an Ape, then thrown poop around is acceptable.

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

You got it Boss! Can we have a secret handshake? If I'm protecting the president can I wear those cool dark shades? If you are going to use the bathroom should i bring a few coat hangers so you can unclog it or will all those pancakes bind you up?

On 9/22/2016 at 2:48 PM, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

You got it Boss! Can we have a secret handshake? If I'm protecting the president can I wear those cool dark shades? If you are going to use the bathroom should i bring a few coat hangers so you can unclog it or will all those pancakes bind you up?

Right now we are on a no # 2 policy, even for JetNation executives lol.

Been driving this around a little bit, spending a ton of time getting familiar with how everything works. So damn happy with this purchase. Driving it is so much fun. Having outlets outside...yeah my car needs that. Just plug a TV in when you are parked, that's good stuff. :)

Getting it washed tomorrow, I should wash it myself just really pressed for time right now.

I hope the Jets make Sunday even better with a win.

• 7 months later...
On 9/27/2016 at 1:27 AM, Maxman said:

Been driving this around a little bit, spending a ton of time getting familiar with how everything works. So damn happy with this purchase. Driving it is so much fun. Having outlets outside...yeah my car needs that. Just plug a TV in when you are parked, that's good stuff. :)

Getting it washed tomorrow, I should wash it myself just really pressed for time right now.

I hope the Jets make Sunday even better with a win.

I'm sure this isn't your RV Max, but is this anyone else's that posts on this site, saw it this morning.

IMG_0669.JPG

56 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I'm sure this isn't your RV Max, but is this anyone else's that posts on this site, saw it this morning.

IMG_0669.JPG

Not mine, that is awesome though.

I can't remember seeing that at the stadium. Sweet ride!

Archived