The "I need help" thread

Thor99

So, I couldn't get off of work, and my team was autodrafted.  My RBs ended up being:

Matt Forte

Spencer Ware

Melvin Gordon

TJ Yeldon

Carlos Hyde

The Jets haven't shown any run game at all, Ware will be splitting carries with West, Yeldon is behind Ivory, until he gets hurt.

I'm thinking of going with Hyde and Gordon.  Thoughts?

Ware for sure. 

I might actually lean Forte over Hyde even in a non-PPR.  My thinking is the Niner OL is still a mess....even a huge Niners fan in my money league had Hyde low on his board because of that.  I need to see something out of that OL before I trust that play.  And though the Rams Run D isn't tremendous, my guess is Hyde will still have trouble against them.

The Jets might be cautious with Forte out of the gate, but I dunno...he's a weapon and Fitz will want to use him early and often.  Last season it was Marshall, Decker or bust.  This year, he doesn't have to force those throws with Forte there.  I'm very excited about the possibilities.  Homer pick for sure, but I'd lean Forte.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ware for sure. 

I might actually lean Forte over Hyde even in a non-PPR.  My thinking is the Niner OL is still a mess....even a huge Niners fan in my money league had Hyde low on his board because of that.  I need to see something out of that OL before I trust that play.  And though the Rams Run D isn't tremendous, my guess is Hyde will still have trouble against them.

The Jets might be cautious with Forte out of the gate, but I dunno...he's a weapon and Fitz will want to use him early and often.  Last season it was Marshall, Decker or bust.  This year, he doesn't have to force those throws with Forte there.  I'm very excited about the possibilities.  Homer pick for sure, but I'd lean Forte.

My thought on Hyde is that they'll be leaning heavily on him.  That is a horrible team.  No QB, and Torrey Smith is really their only WR.

Anyway, thanks for the advice!

5 minutes ago, Thor99 said:

My thought on Hyde is that they'll be leaning heavily on him.  That is a horrible team.  No QB, and Torrey Smith is really their only WR.

Anyway, thanks for the advice!

Yeah, no one is really taking away Hyde's touches in SF, that's for sure.

Hate that you got stuck with Melvin Gordon. Wisconsin RBs just never pan out in the pros, ever. If he does he'll be the first to do so in decades.

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Ware and Hyde. 

Forte's real value is going to be in PPR, I think. I can see Fitz leaning on him heavily with short throws in order to build rhythm in those games where he's "off" for a quarter.

That's what I was thinking as well. 

Can't wait until Ivory gets dinged up, Yeldon is going to kill in that O.

Archived