Game Predictions- Bengals/Jets

UnitedWhofans

This Jets team is annoying. Because I don't know what to make of them. And quite frankly, I don't think a lot of people know what to make of them either. Expectations generally are around 7 wins, but a lot of people have them as a wild card too. 

I thought 3-3 would have to be a minimum to compete this year in the gauntlet, but down people are saying 2-4 is also not back breaking.  Regardless, I am nervous that this team is going to make a reactionary move in the offseason, if they don't make it. And the fans will be unbearable.

As for the game, tight game but emotion carries the day

Jets-17

Bengals- 14

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've predicted more than once on this board Jets start 2-0, but I have to admit approaching game day I am seriously nervous about Geno Atkins vs Brian Winters and Dunlap vs Ijalana/Qvale... With that said Jets pull it out, TD a piece for Marshall, Decker and Forte'. 

Jets- 27

Bengals- 20 

I consider myself a bleed Green Jets fan, but I am having a tough time seeing them win this game.  

Like others above, I am more concerned about the offense being able to control the ball than the defense, although the team threat looms large.

Maybe we can run left?

This game is one of the reasons why we got Forte. The right side of our o-line is weak, and with a rb like Ivory, he would be trying to plow through it all day long garnering 2, 3 and 4 yard attempts with the occasional loss of 2. Instead of just pounding the rock we will use Forte's in the short passing game to mimic the run game against the bengals d-line.

I expect to see Fitz in shotgun a majority of the time with 2 rb looks. Marshall outside and a mixture of decker, anderson and enunwa rotating out of the slow and the outside. I expect we will start with quick shallow passes to Forte and Powell to draw their defense into man and up to the line, then gash them with decker or marshall across the middle. Rinse, repeat vary I think we will find success in the passing game. If we can succesfully set up the pass and move the chains a few times, it opens the door for some quick runs to keep the defense honest and on their heels. If we pull this off I have no doubt we will slice and dice the bengals d. It all hangs on fitz being accurate and picking the right match up at the right time. 

If it goes as plans, I see us walking out of their 24-17 victors. If our offense sputters and fitz is inaccurate I think we get blown out in a tight game through the 3rd quarter and the bengals slamming us in the 4th. 34-14. 

Atkins is a BEAST & must be held at bay. Fitz needs to keep us in manageable down & distance so Chan can use the whole playbook. Its tough playing on the road to open the season, and because no one has yet to play 4 quarters, the home team benefits from a slight adrenalin push in the 2nd half from the fans.

Guys get tired quickly & its supposed to be warm, move the chains & wear those Mo foes out. Then cut Anderson loose on their 4th CB.

10-10 at halftime. Jets pull away in 2nd half after huge turnover. 24-16.

Just now, Nostradamus said:

Offensive line struggles a bit but defense carries them to a much needed win at home to start out a challenging schedule the first 6 weeks.   Defense comes up with a TD and Jets win

Jets 27

Cin 24

Your name says it all, the prophecy has been foretold!

Mo and Leo terrorize the Bengals RB's, while putting enough pressure on Dalton to prevent the big plays. Revis shuts down Green. 

Forte and Powell do just enough in the run game and on short passes to open things up down field for Fitz. B Marsh has a solid day.

Jets-24

Bengals-16

Going to say the 2 concerning things are minimizing the damage between Dalton to WR Green, either by totally blanketing Green or getting enough pressure on Dalton to throw off the timing. That pressure should come from Wilkerson, Leo, and maybe 1 LB like Capatano or Lee. The other aspect I think makes a difference is the vast improvement of our STs and should the punter and punt returner have good days it will greatly assist our O and D. And perhaps our O simply not costing us the game with too many mistakes. I'll go with a tight 19-17 Jets victory.

Archived