Game Predictions- Bengals/Jets

UnitedWhofans

Bengals 31 Jets 13...

The OL on the right side is High School Talent, we run a D that requires 2 shutdown CBs and we dont even have one, I dont even consider Buster Skrine a starting caliber CB, let alone a shutdown CB...our pass rush will be improved but our CBs - yes Revis too - are not blanketing anyone.  We have no pass receiving TEs, no speed at RB, and no true deep threat at WR - teams can just crowd the box, shut down the run, then steamroll Fitz.

All I hear is the DLine, the DLine, the vaunted DLine - if anyone thinks McClendon can do half the job snacks did - they are nuts.  It will be much better once Sheldon returns next week - but eek we are overrated.

I am a huge diehard Jets game, I will watch  every game this year - but realistically this is not going to be pretty.  Every team has holes - but gaping ones like the Jets have (OL, NT, CB) IDK.   

• Thumb Down 2

I think the score of this game, like most of our games this year will depend on how long it takes Cinci to give up on trying to run.

Teams may be able to have some success passing, but they will have to avoid the big plays, and they will not be able to overcome wasted running downs.

On offense I think we will control the clock, and field position in the first half, then hit some big plays in the 2nd half. Forte, and Powell are going to make a huge difference spreading out the defense sideways. Blitz pickups, dump offs, and screens will open up the game for a couple of long TDs late.

My guess is that Cinci will try to run far too long and we will build an insurmountable lead by the 3rd quarter. Maybe 23-6 at the half.

Final score Jets 30-16

• Upvote 1

I picture our offense starting off slow/shaky/sh*tty, but find traction right before the half. By the second half we should be putting good drives together and points on the board.

I picture our defense coming out on fire, and putting a hurting on Cincy. They will probably tire out in the 4th, but they will make enough plays to solidify the win.

Our punter gets the game ball.

Jets win 16-13

Will throw Jet fans a bone,  and say Bengals  28 - Jets 14 .( my prediction record isn't the best- bodes well for the Jets today? ). 

Bengals defense line will be too much for the Jets offense line to handle.  Bengals experienced Underrated Offense line should hold up better to the Jets talented defense line.   Usually you win the game in the trenches , you win the football game.   It's time for the Jets talented defense line to dominate a good team offense line.( too many times against top teams that Jet defense line has underperformed - haven't put consistent pressure on the Qb. Jets want to win this one , that has to change today.  

I don't like the Jets CB depth after d Revis.( will be a problem all season ).    Going to be interesting how much they plan on using Darron Lee in coverage.( that's a lot to ask a rookie to fill that role- going to be a learning experience for him if they give him that responsibility early.  ( probably better to use him as blitzer early , and slowly ease him into the cover responsibility ).    

Good Luck this season. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2016 at 0:27 PM, peebag said:

Bengals - 20

Jets - 10

OL is exposed - numerous 3 and outs - Defense holds out valiantly for 3 quarters but tires out in the end.

I'm hoping Chan already knows our O-line is suspect and will gear the Offense to get the ball out quick and give them backfield support on more developed plays. Don't underestimate our offensive weapons and Chan capitalizing with what he has to work with.

Bengals-10. Jets 20.

I thought this game was a definite loss, but with Burfict not on the field to hurt our WR's and Eifert injured, I'll say that we have a legit chance. 

Andy Dalton is an "offensive player of the year" type player with Eifert on the field, which means that the key to this offense wont be playing tonight. We caught the Bengals at the right time. 

Jets 21

Bengals 20

On 9/9/2016 at 0:27 PM, peebag said:
On 9/9/2016 at 3:23 PM, SAR I said:

This game scares me.  The Bengals are an elite AFC team, they are fantastic in the regular season, they aren't the team to feel Week 1 jitters considering they have been running Marvin Lewis' system forever.

The Jets starters did not look prepared all preseason, the offense was three-and-out city and the defense couldn't get anyone off the field.  We can fall behind hard and early, press to play catch-up, turnover city.

I had a dream and in that dream the score was:

Bengals 31
Jets 6

SAR I

Well I hope your dreams are like mine......they never come true.

4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Will throw Jet fans a bone,  and say Bengals  28 - Jets 14 .( my prediction record isn't the best- bodes well for the Jets today? ). 

Bengals defense line will be too much for the Jets offense line to handle.  Bengals experienced Underrated Offense line should hold up better to the Jets talented defense line.   Usually you win the game in the trenches , you win the football game.   It's time for the Jets talented defense line to dominate a good team offense line.( too many times against top teams that Jet defense line has underperformed - haven't put consistent pressure on the Qb. Jets want to win this one , that has to change today.  

I don't like the Jets CB depth after d Revis.( will be a problem all season ).    Going to be interesting how much they plan on using Darron Lee in coverage.( that's a lot to ask a rookie to fill that role- going to be a learning experience for him if they give him that responsibility early.  ( probably better to use him as blitzer early , and slowly ease him into the cover responsibility ).    

Good Luck this season. 

Yay!!!! We win!!!!!

Jets are bend but don't break.  I think this game will be 20-17 Jets.  I think it's going to be a tough game for our O-Line but same goes for Cincy's O-Line.  I think we always play well against the Bengals.  They're just one of those teams that we beat.  Let's hope that keeps up today.

1 hour ago, MaxAF said:

I'm hoping Chan already knows our O-line is suspect and will gear the Offense to get the ball out quick and give them backfield support on more developed plays. Don't underestimate our offensive weapons and Chan capitalizing with what he has to work with.

Bengals-10. Jets 20.

Don't underestimate how good the left side of our line is. They can all work on an island as long as Clady can stay healthy. Once we start misdirecting, and favoring the right side the line will look better. I'm hoping Bowens gets to play. I was hoping we would have gotten a new blocking TE earlier but the right side needs to double team, and needs some help. 

Forte, and Powell are very good blockers also. Winters is actually a good run blocker, but needs help in pass protection. He didn't get that in the preseason. 

19 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Jets have won nine straight home games versus the Bengals. Their last loss in this series came in Week 2, 1981 when CIN QB Ken Anderson defeated NYJ QB Richard Todd. Anderson won the NFL MVP in 1981 and led the Bengals to a Super Bowl appearance (lost to SF in Super Bowl).

Fitz is 1-0 against his former team.

Selective memory. The Jets lost 49- 9 to the Bengals in 2013.  

2 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Selective memory. The Jets lost 49- 9 to the Bengals in 2013.  

He said 9 straight home games -- that 49-9 beatdown was in Cincy.  I was planning to travel to that one until my son, who was in college at the time, had a project he had to work on over the weekend and couldn't make it.  Sold my tickets a couple of days before the game.  I have always thanked him for that.

• Upvote 1