Fireman Ed

Shadetree

22 minutes ago, peebag said:

oh no....

A Fireman Ed thread is to SAR what a flame is to a moth......

Ha..I know. It's been awhile since I've been to a game and I want to experience the a frenzied crowd and I want Ed to be doing the chant.

Time has healed the wounds for me. I understand why it hasn't for some, though.

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ed is the best but he retired.  Y would you expect him to be there on Sunday?

Idk..9/11 fireman.? They're keeping it hush-hush ready to surprise? 

Its a bummer the chant has died. Maybe something will happen to resurrect it?

2 hours ago, Shadetree said:

Idk..9/11 fireman.? They're keeping it hush-hush ready to surprise? 

Its a bummer the chant has died. Maybe something will happen to resurrect it?

It will come back. It was there before Ed and it will live on Past him. I miss the shirtless fat guys with the bull horns in each end zone that led the chant in the 80's like many here miss Ed.  It will morph in to something great again.... naturally and organically. Not pressured by the marketing dept at 1 Jets dr.

20 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

It will come back. It was there before Ed and it will live on Past him. I miss the shirtless fat guys with the bull horns in each end zone that led the chant in the 80's like many here miss Ed.  It will morph in to something great again.... naturally and organically. Not pressured by the marketing dept at 1 Jets dr.

The guys in the end zone may have started it Ed continued it and now its basically dead ........

Okay so the chant hasn't died. JetMan and Scott are doing a really good job with it. Fireman Ed still goes to every single game. He cheers his ass off, I can see him from where I sit. He signs autographs for people, he takes pictures and he is great with everyone that approaches him. His patience amazes me, just a really humble dude.

Oh and back to the chant, it is definitely not dead.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It's not dead, but no one feels obligated to do it any more now that Ed isn't up on the big screen with his "you're disappointing me" face.

I am proud that my kneel-down two seasons ago has led directly to this. 

Like the Wave, the Maccarena, and the Dab, the Chant is way past prime and dying a nice slow death.  It makes me happy to see how pathetic and weak it has become.  It would have been less satisfying had it just stopped.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's not dead, but no one feels obligated to do it any more now that Ed isn't up on the big screen with his "you're disappointing me" face.

I am proud that my kneel-down two seasons ago has led directly to this. 

Like the Wave, the Maccarena, and the Dab, the Chant is way past prime and dying a nice slow death.  It makes me happy to see how pathetic and weak it has become.  It would have been less satisfying had it just stopped.

SAR I

Maybe it is louder the few games a year you sell your tickets to opposing fans. Seems to be pretty good from my perspective. But I go to every game so I could be wrong lol.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Maybe it is louder the few games a year you sell your tickets to opposing fans. Seems to be pretty good from my perspective. But I go to every game so I could be wrong lol.

I went to 8 of 10 home games last year, the Giants game too, so that's 9 for 11.  Couldn't make the first preseason game and I was in China for the Foxboro debacle.

The Chant is over.  Combination of fewer old time Giants Stadium fans who quit on us in 2011, the popularity of fantasy football, endless Snapchat streaks, and the Jets obnoxious PA guy have taken it out.  It was overdue.  It never actually worked.  Never led to anything on the field.  Just a bunch of drunks taking a simpleton's spelling bee.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I went to 8 of 10 home games last year, the Giants game too, so that's 9 for 11.  Couldn't make the first preseason game and I was in China for the Foxboro debacle.

The Chant is over.  Combination of fewer old time Giants Stadium fans who quit on us in 2011, the popularity of fantasy football, endless Snapchat streaks, and the Jets obnoxious PA guy have taken it out.  It was overdue.  It never actually worked.  Never led to anything on the field.  Just a bunch of drunks taking a simpleton's spelling bee.

SAR I

You are wrong. You went to 7 of the 10 home games last year. I keep track of these things. I have a spreadsheet.

18 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Okay so the chant hasn't died. JetMan and Scott are doing a really good job with it. Fireman Ed still goes to every single game. He cheers his ass off, I can see him from where I sit. He signs autographs for people, he takes pictures and he is great with everyone that approaches him. His patience amazes me, just a really humble dude.

Agreed Phil, wasn't sure why it was being said that it died... Started to think I was the only one who didn't think so lol The chant was alive and kicking last season thanks to Jetman and company. Much more alive than the 2 years prior to them. They're doing a really nice job. 

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

Agreed Phil, wasn't sure why it was being said that it died... Started to think I was the only one who didn't think so lol The chant was alive and kicking last season thanks to Jetman and company. Much more alive than the 2 years prior to them. They're doing a really nice job. 

Yes I agree. It hasn't reached anything close to what it was at its peak. But JetMan and Scott are doing a really good job with it.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Damn.  That recreational vehicle has given you super powers or something.

SAR I

It is really just a super computer inside of there. I am changing my screen name to Jets_NSA.  They are giving me a remote Jets Reward scanner. Using facial recognition software I can tell how many points you have.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yes I agree. It hasn't reached anything close to what it was at its peak. But JetMan and Scott are doing a really good job with it.

I think as they begin to gain more notoriety to casual fans and more respect from the die hards it could continue to gain steam and improve as well. 

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

02n_superfan_ipad055551-200x200.jpg?qual

I actually know JetMan, we lived in the same town in New Hampshire of all things, he'd see me in my Jets hat at the kids soccer and football games and we'd talk about our crazy 10 hour round trip commutes to see Herman Edwards blow game after game.  This was before the costume and the beads of course.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is really just a super computer inside of there. I am changing my screen name to Jets_NSA.  They are giving me a remote Jets Reward scanner. Using facial recognition software I can tell how many points you have.

RV-RFID is the devil.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I actually know JetMan, we lived in the same town in New Hampshire of all things, he'd see me in my Jets hat at the kids soccer and football games and we'd talk about our crazy 10 hour round trip commutes to see Herman Edwards blow game after game.  This was before the costume and the beads of course.

SAR I

I think he lives in NJ now. A little bit of an easier commute.

16 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

I went to one game last year. Brought my son to his first Jets home game. I went in thinking it was going to be weak, but was pleasantly surprised when I heard it for the first time. I watched my son's excitement as he participated in it for the first time and it was awesome. not quite the like it was when I had season tix in 311 for 6 straight years in the old stadium, but certainly not anywhere near dead.

21 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

That's awesome.  It's like you can now tell the origin story of some superhero.  He used to be a normal dude, then he had a really crazy flight experience on routine business travel.  Now....he is JETMAN!

19 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Sorry for speaking the truth 

Your opinion is not necessarily the truth.

I'm not really into arguing about it really. I generally don't agree with you. but don't reply to your posts as you know. I was just making an observation since you replied to me.

How was the chant yesterday? Were you at the game?

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Your opinion is not necessarily the truth.

I'm not really into arguing about it really. I generally don't agree with you. but don't reply to your posts as you know. I was just making an observation since you replied to me.

How was the chant yesterday? Were you at the game?

I was there . Nobody cares about the chant anymore . The new stadium has ruined everything about the games except if you're in a luxury box with SAR 1 .

1 minute ago, no psls said:

I was there . Nobody cares about the chant anymore . The new stadium has ruined everything about the games except if you're in a luxury box with SAR 1 .

He doesn't sit in a luxury box.  He parks his average BMW in the average parking-pass lot with the rest of us and sits in his average PSL seats just like most of us do.

Archived