**** New York Jets Vs. Cincinnati Bengals Official Gameday Thread****

Larz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

3/4 will get you a check. Missing a PAT won't. But there were a lot of them missed last year. Not one guy on that field was 100% and a million reasons wny we lost. I mean the coach too, he took those 3s esp at the end over the potential 6. But when you're down by 2 with only a couple of minutes left you can't blame him. As for Marshall again I didn't see the game but sounds like they doubled him all day. Plus he dropped that pass right to him on the last drive. We really needed that one. Just wondering did Robby Anderson get any targets today? 

Not that I know of, in regards to Anderson.  Lots of Jalin Marshall.  Brandon just dropped that last ball.  No excuses for that either, and he'll be the first to say it.

Bowles coached a fine game.  To be honest, and I'll give a lot of the guys here time to cool down, people have seem to forgotten just how good Cincinnati is.  Especially AJ Green.  Andy Dalton is a very solid QB too.  Their defense?  No joke.  There weren't really any huge coaching mistakes.  It truly boiled down your our kicker leaving 4 huge points on the field.

Am I pissed we lost our first game? F*ck yeah.  That all being said, in my gut...I had this one penciled in as a loss.  There is nothing that I've seen so far that is going to put me into panic mode.

9 minutes ago, FlaJetsFan said:

The sad thing is, the Jets will probably not again have all the good momentum and positive fan backing at the stadium again this season, given the circumstances.  What do you think management will do once the boo birds get on RF's case at 0-3?  This is one game that had to be won, just like the Bills game.  And RF failed.  Again.

Fitz wasn't that bad. He played decently. Game was lost by many other factors other than Fitz. Open your eyes when you watch the game.  

2 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

And that game was the super bowl two years ago.

Probably so. As a Jet, you could especially see it in the Texans game last year. That lose was on him. And it was screens to Hopkins go figure. For me, that was the first big red flag. Feels like Beli did a better job hiding it. Gonna be a long season if Bowels leaves him on an island.

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Probably so. As a Jet, you could especially see it in the Texans game last year. That lose was on him. And it was screens to Hopkins go figure. For me, that was the first big red flag. Feels like Beli did a better job hiding it. Gonna be a long season if Bowels leaves him on an island.

As a Jets fan, you should have seen it coming before it happened. Giving Revis his last big contract was never going to be anything but a complete disaster. But hey we know his name and we think it's cute to say island and stuff so the GM who opened the vault is a genius and now this is Fitzpatrick's fault and we're going to stop going to games and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Not that I know of, in regards to Anderson.  Lots of Jalin Marshall.  Brandon just dropped that last ball.  No excuses for that either, and he'll be the first to say it.

Bowles coached a fine game.  To be honest, and I'll give a lot of the guys here time to cool down, people have seem to forgotten just how good Cincinnati is.  Especially AJ Green.  Andy Dalton is a very solid QB too.  Their defense?  No joke. 

Am I pissed we lost our first game? F*ck yeah.  That all being said, in my gut...I had this one penciled in as a loss.  There is nothing that I've seen so far that is going to put me into panic mode.

if you're offense came away with only 3 points from 2 1st and goals inside the 4, you failed, badly, as a HC. PERIOD. 

Cincy is a very good team and the jets gave them all they could handle. Defensive line were beasts but secondary very suspect. Fitz looked rusty and some suspect play calling on 2 possessions when we had 1st and goal. Very frustrating loss in a game that we really should have won. They absolutely have to win in Buffalo. Can Fitz make amends for his game there? I'm not so sure.

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

As a Jets fan, you should have seen it coming before it happened. Giving Revis his last big contract was never going to be anything but a complete disaster. But hey we know his name and we think it's cute to say island and stuff so the GM who opened the vault is a genius and now this is Fitzpatrick's fault and we're going to stop going to games and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fair enough, but although Revis was overpaid last year he was still serviceable. Today he was the worst defensive player on the field. 

Fitzpatirck's jag like qualities should be considered a separate issue from Revis deciding it's not worth getting hurt for anymore, imo. 

Just now, HessStation said:

Fair enough, but although Revis was overpaid last year he was still serviceable. Today he was the worst defensive player on the field. 

Fitzpatirck's jag like qualities should be considered a separate issue from Revis deciding it's not worth getting hurt for anymore, imo. 

Those aren't issues. They're symptoms.

9 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

So after 1 game we are making conclusions that he is done? Dalton to Green is a pretty lethal combo and I thought there was some confusion in secondary as a whole. I'm not going to overreact after 1 game.

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

if you're offense came away with only 3 points from 2 1st and goals inside the 4, you failed, badly, as a HC. PERIOD. 

Well Fitz threw two horrible passes to Decker and Marshall and the Cinci defense held strong against the rush.  We'll agree to disagree here.  The other team plays football too.  They're also pretty good.  That's kinda getting lost in the fray right now.  Personally, if Folk doesn't line drive the first kick into the wingspan of Margus Hunt, I don't think we're talking about the red zone offense as that big of a deal. 

9 minutes ago, jack48 said:

He issed a wide open Marshall in the end zone, though.  He threw some real crap passes and the ever present INT in the big spot;.

Just like Marshall can't drop a 25 yard wide open pass, Fitz can't throw a back shoulder fade on the inside towards the DB.  Especially one playing as well as Kirkpatrick.  Not the best execution today in the RZ and they both acknowledged it in their post game interviews/pressers.  Also, I hate the INT, but if Marshall does come down with that first pass, we likely aren't discussing a turnover.

18 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

So after 1 game we are making conclusions that he is done? Dalton to Green is a pretty lethal combo and I thought there was some confusion in secondary as a whole. I'm not going to overreact after 1 game.

She told me that Leonard Williams was nothing more than average and will likely be nothing more than average because of how he graded out on his SPARQ scorezzzz. Don't waste your time with someone that has zero clue when it comes to player evaluation.

1 hour ago, jetrider said:

A fatal mistake with the game on the line to nail the coffin shut. What the f*ck do you call it?  

lol.  A choke by the secondary, maybe?  You know, the unit whose DL had 7 sacks yet gave up nearly 400 yards of passing and the game-winning FG drive for Cincy?  Were we watching the same game?  By the time we got the ball back the game was over. 

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Just like Marshall can't drop a 25 yard wide open pass, Fitz can't throw a back shoulder fade on the inside towards the DB.  Especially one playing as well as Kirkpatrick.  Not the best execution today in the RZ and they both acknowledged it in their post game interviews/pressers.  Also, I hate the INT, but if Marshall does come down with that first pass, we likely aren't discussing a turnover.

Probably not.  But they may have called that play after the Marshall "catch"?  Who knows.  You deal with what is, not what ifs.  He made a rotten throw into the end zone. He made a rotten throw on the iNT, when we really needed him to be good.  He made a couple other scatter arm throws.  This is who he is.  Westoff just said it. Last year was his career year.  Je does not expect that this year. Neither do I.

Just now, jack48 said:

Probably not.  But they may have called that play after the Marshall "catch"?  Who knows.  You deal with what is, not what ifs.  He made a rotten throw into the end zone. He made a rotten throw on the INT, when we really needed him to be good.  He made a couple other scatter arm throws.  This is who he is.  Westoff just said it. Last year was his career year.  He does not expect that this year. Neither do I.

TB won today.

Think Fitz can do this?  Look at this QB pass.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nfl+tampa+bay&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#sh=0

I live in Fla now.  I want to root for a team that actually has a real QB playing.  Soo sick of this SOJ sh*t, already.

Down in Ft Myers myself ,but after 50 years, it's too late to be jumping on another bandwagon.

My Jets good or bad, just hope they can get to the promise land before I do.

8 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Probably not.  But they may have called that play after the Marshall "catch"?  Who knows.  You deal with what is, not what ifs.  He made a rotten throw into the end zone. He made a rotten throw on the iNT, when we really needed him to be good.  He made a couple other scatter arm throws.  This is who he is.  Westoff just said it. Last year was his career year.  Je does not expect that this year. Neither do I.

Again, I'll agree with you on everything.  I'm not trying to detract from Fitzpatrick's pick/missed throws, most here can attest to the fact that I'm not head over heels with the guy.  I just want to make and stress the fact that the whole UNIT, Marshall included, need to be better and by the sounds of it, they're aware of that.

with the new CBA, the 1st regular season game is like what the 3rd preseason game used to be.

you can't make too many judgements after week 1, especially with a well rounded, tough team like cincy beating you by 1 point

its a shame they lost, they had loads of opportunities to win, but in the end cincy rode their stars, and the jets stars let them down

onto sexy rexy

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

dumbest fan base in the NFL and its not even close

No, that's still Cleveland but it's basically the same deal. So far we've been spared that extra kick in the ribs they always get on top of what they deserve. Gonna go over great once that starts happening. Somebody might fly a banner behind an airplane or something.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  A choke by the secondary, maybe?  You know, the unit whose DL had 7 sacks yet gave up nearly 400 yards of passing and the game-winning FG drive for Cincy?  Were we watching the same game?  By the time we got the ball back the game was over. 

We will be drafting a CB and a tackle with our first 2 draft picks next year - guaranteed. And signing a CB and tackle in free agency as well. 

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Again, I'll agree with you on everything.  I'm not trying to detract from Fitzpatrick's pick/missed throws, most here can attest to the fact that I'm not head over heels with the guy.  I just want to make and stress the fact that the whole UNIT, Marshall included, need to be better and by the sounds of it, they're aware of that.

Marshall's head was not in the game. Where was his passion? He obviously let his ego get the best of him when he saw Forte being featured as the primary offensive weapon. He looked like he was pouting and didn't have his usual cheerleader uniform on.  That last drop was unforgivable. It was imperative he catches that pass. He was wide open with no one around him. We would have had the ball at the 45 of Cincy with 40-45 seconds. Is he still injured ? Or is his fragile mental state returning ? One thing for sure, we need him to reemerge. 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh, because the DBs choked that means the QB didn't? LMAO. 

Why don't you criticize evenly?

Archived