**** New York Jets Vs. Cincinnati Bengals Official Gameday Thread****

Larz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I like your new avatar. It takes a lot of guts on your part. Awful throws. Come on now you know the guy was ok yesterday. And that one pick was at the end of the game when he had to throw it up (not throw up, maybe you did). You take your chances in those situations. Most games yesterday were good close defensive battles like ours was. A lot of parity in the NFL and supposedly bad teams aren't that bad. We could have won that game. We could talk about it for weeks it was that close. 

I like to look bad to when we had a QB that could win big games.

I don't blame Fitz for the last pick, the chances we get a decent FGA at that point were remote after that Marshall drop and we wasted 10 secs to call TO on Cincy's last drive,  he had a million other awful throws which cost us big time.

12 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im not assuming anything. Im not assuming that Fitz threw into quadruple coverage. He THREW into quadruple coverage lol....he actually did that.  YOU'RE assuming that those were purposeful passes. You're the one assuming here brother. 

Also, this isnt about Andy Dalton (or Geno Smith), this is about Fitzpatrick's performance, and it was below average. 

Cincy badly confused him much of the game, he came out looking good but after that first drive they kept confusing him and he was awful.  we aren't even in that game late(a game we should have won by double digits) if the run game doesn't take over.

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Cincy badly confused him much of the game, he came out looking good but after that first drive they kept confusing him and he was awful.  we aren't even in that game late(a game we should have won by double digits) if the run game doesn't take over.

I agree. That first drive was a treat for the eyes, whether is was nice passes, nice running or a rookie WR getting the DPI on the defense to put us 2 yards away from the paydirt. 

The rest of the first half was a tad inconsistent, but that 2nd half was concerning. The only drive that looked good throughout is the one where we literally ran the ball on every play until we got to the redzone. Once we got there and starter throwing the ball, sh*t went downhill. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Actually we played a better overall game than they did. They gave up 7 sacks and that's a big problem if it continues. We were overall better balanced than they were. But we lost. 

I agree. The Jets ran the ball very well and were all over Dalton like a cheap suit. This concerns me going into S**tsburgh next Sunday.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I agree. That first drive was a treat for the eyes, whether is was nice passes, nice running or a rookie WR getting a DPI on the defense to put us 2 yards away from the paydirt. 

The rest of the first half was a tad inconsistent, but that 2nd half was concerning. The only drive that looked good throughout is the one where we literally ran the ball on every play until we got to the redzone. Once we got there and starter throwing the ball, sh*t went downhill. 

the last scoring drive was a nice mix of run and pass but once we settled for 3 I knew we weren't winning.  

5 minutes ago, billybroome said:

I agree. The Jets ran the ball very well and were all over Dalton like a cheap suit. This concerns me going into S**tsburgh next Sunday.

I think the two wide receivers you lost to free agency, Jones and Sanu are big losses and the guys you have after Green aren't as good. But Green is maybe the best in the NFL. Top five it's hard to say one guy is greater than another at that level. 

19 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Again, I'll agree with you on everything.  I'm not trying to detract from Fitzpatrick's pick/missed throws, most here can attest to the fact that I'm not head over heels with the guy.  I just want to make and stress the fact that the whole UNIT, Marshall included, need to be better and by the sounds of it, they're aware of that.

I always hearken back to the fact that whenever he started against the Jets, I sat patiently waiting for his unforced errors and mistakes, which always came.  He really has not changed.

Archived