Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

21 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

We'll now you're talking something different. If you take his stats for the entire season then sure, based on what Jets fans are used to they're impressive, but performance wise he was still average at best when comparing him to other QB's in the league. He wasn't a probowler or a top 100 player. This isn't fantasy where stats mean everything. Stats tell part of the story. Watching how the stats occurred gives a clearer understanding.

Sure, Fitz can only play the schedule given, but based on the fact that we went 4-12 the season prior he was playing a last place schedule which ended up being the 2nd or 3rd easiest schedule last year. Just because he can only play the schedule given doesn't change the quality of the schedule he played, which was a last place schedule. That's just a fact. 

Lastly, I didn't just say January games, I mentioned more games prior to that in the same sentence without separating them so I had to sum up my point with it being plural. 

Sorry bro his cumulative 2015 performance was not "average at best" ... Do you realize that one side of your mouth is saying that ... While at the same time the other side of your mouth is saying yeah did did break one record for best team performance ever ... But that was only 1 record.

bottom line is he had some ups & some down... But more ups than downs ... The total end result for the year should fall in the above average performance ... Do you want to equate that to a letter grade ... make that a B ... Make that a B- ... I'd disagree but would probably not go through the effort to respond even if you want to make that a C+ ... What that means is his "2015 total was  above average.

he took a team QB'd by Geno the year before to that 4-12 record you were bragging about & Fitz QB'd them to a 10-6'record ... That's not fantasy or hocus - pocus. ... It's a 6 game swing ...That is the indisputable fact.

since you want to argue the grammatical aspects of your response because you know you're sounding foolish with your QB stance ... Please clarify how the (1-4) is meant

His December stretch was epic...credit, however that stretch from late October to late November (1-4) and January games....not so much

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ljr said:

Will disagree with you here

He deserves blame for $h*tting the bed in the 4th quarter week 17 last year with the game on the line.

He also deserves credit for directing his team to wins in the 4th quarters the previous 5 weeks with the games on the line.

your dislike clouds your vision and blocks you for being fair with this

I'm sure you're accounting for the sh*t Ds he beat up to win games where opponent didn't score more than 22 points. Yeah, Fitz deserves the credit for that. Absolutely. 

This week, he put the team on his back and ran with it, albeit the injured/suspended Bills D. Last year, he didn't do that at all. 

5 hours ago, ljr said:

Sorry bro his cumulative 2015 performance was not "average at best" ... Do you realize that one side of your mouth is saying that ... While at the same time the other side of your mouth is saying yeah did did break one record for best team performance ever ... But that was only 1 record.

bottom line is he had some ups & some down... But more ups than downs ... The total end result for the year should fall in the above average performance ... Do you want to equate that to a letter grade ... make that a B ... Make that a B- ... I'd disagree but would probably not go through the effort to respond even if you want to make that a C+ ... What that means is his "2015 total was  above average.

he took a team QB'd by Geno the year before to that 4-12 record you were bragging about & Fitz QB'd them to a 10-6'record ... That's not fantasy or hocus - pocus. ... It's a 6 game swing ...That is the indisputable fact.

since you want to argue the grammatical aspects of your response because you know you're sounding foolish with your QB stance ... Please clarify how the (1-4) is meant

Breaking a record that stood longer than the two of us were born (depending on how old you are) doesnt suddenly make his season other-worldly. He surpassed 30 TD's, in an era where QB's have thrown 55 of them in a season. In an era where you can throw 31TD's and not even be a top player in the league. 

But hey, he had a great Bills game last Thursday. 

The fact that I'm civil and you brought up Geno Smith lets me know that you can no longer handle this conversation as it has now become too mature for you. 

4 hours ago, j4jets said:

I'm sure you're accounting for the sh*t Ds he beat up to win games where opponent didn't score more than 22 points. Yeah, Fitz deserves the credit for that. Absolutely. 

This week, he put the team on his back and ran with it, albeit the injured/suspended Bills D. Last year, he didn't do that at all. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Breaking a record that stood longer than the two of us were born (depending on how old you are) doesnt suddenly make his season other-worldly. He surpassed 30 TD's, in an era where QB's have thrown 55 of them in a season. In an era where you can throw 31TD's and not even be a top player in the league. 

The fact that I'm civil and you brought up Geno Smith lets me know that you can no longer handle this conversation as it has now become too mature for you. 

You guys should be excited we finally have a QB who is producing for this football team . Can he win every game ? Should he be responsible for winning every game ? Of course not just ask Aaron Rodgers after getting the beat down from a very good Viking defense. Sometimes when the QB is having a bad day or the defense has a good scheme other parts of the team need to step up. Not only that but other parts of the team need to not put extra pressure on a QB who drives you for the go ahead score by giving it back namely our defense that gives up big play after big play. I mean how many times Did Fitz need to drive the Jets for the go ahead score vs Cincy in the 4th Quarter ? Playing against good defenses gives a lot of QB's trouble yes even the great ones..... stop analyzing the season as if Fitz is the only guy to blame when we have a loss its starting to get really annoying. 

Maybe people bring up Geno because you didn't shut the **** up about Geno for months even though the guy was absolutely horrid as a QB for this team. Only when they reigned him in and let him have very little effect on the outcome of the game did he do anything worth talking about. You brought that on yourself so don't bitch now that it keeps getting brought up even though @ljr was making a damn good point very much in the conversation of this never ending QB debate you guys keep bringing up.

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

You guys should be excited we finally have a QB who is producing for this football team . Can he win every game ? Should he be responsible for winning every game ? Of course not just ask Aaron Rodgers after getting the beat down from a very good Viking defense. Sometimes when the QB is having a bad day or the defense has a good scheme other parts of the team need to step up. Not only that but other parts of the team need to not put extra pressure on a QB who drives you for the go ahead score by giving it back namely our defense that gives up big play after big play. I mean how many times Did Fitz need to drive the Jets for the go ahead score vs Cincy in the 4th Quarter ? Playing against good defenses gives a lot of QB's trouble yes even the great ones..... stop analyzing the season as if Fitz is the only guy to blame when we have a loss its starting to get really annoying. 

Maybe people bring up Geno because you didn't shut the **** up about Geno for months even though the guy was absolutely horrid as a QB for this team. Only when they reigned him in and let him have very little effect on the outcome of the game did he do anything worth talking about. You brought that on yourself so don't bitch now that it keeps getting brought up even though @ljr was making a damn good point very much in the conversation of this never ending QB debate you guys keep bringing up.

Nice way to start off about how we should be excited about a QB who's producing then end with the highlighted. Then again, this comes from a person who made just ridiculous statements about a QB who in the same year ended as the MVP of the league. Thats where your level of credibility is found.  

You just wanted to participate in the conversation that "you guys keep bringing up". You should have just done that and left your high horse bullsh*t at the door. "Maybe people bring up Geno because...", as if he wasnt the headliner all offseason by this entire board. What you meant to say was "If you would have just participated in the Geno hatred..." which is basically what it was. 

Go and evaluate your Panthers games. I heard that "overrated QB" threw for almost 400 yards and 4 TD's yesterday. lol. 

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

When does "above average" = "other-worldly" or "top player" ?

sorry friend ... I brought up the 2014 W-L results with the QB we had then & compared them to the 2015 W-L results - fact.

please continue your civility ... Sorry you don't like who the QB was that had the 4-12 season, lol

man you are funny ... Hope you are enjoying the seat on that dislike/ hate bench ... Right Next to Johnnysd

16 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Nice way to start off about how we should be excited about a QB who's producing then end with the highlighted. Then again, this comes from a person who made just ridiculous statements about a QB who in the same year ended as the MVP of the league. Thats where your level of credibility is found.  

You just wanted to participate in the conversation that "you guys keep bringing up". You should have just done that and left your high horse bullsh*t at the door. "Maybe people bring up Geno because...", as if he wasnt the headliner all offseason by this entire board. What you meant to say was "If you would have just participated in the Geno hatred..." which is basically what it was. 

Go and evaluate your Panthers games. I heard that "overrated QB" threw for almost 400 yards and 4 TD's yesterday. lol. 

man when your ass is beat you just get angry. I bet you love bashing the QB of the team you root for don't you, well I mean only if he plays bad so you can prove your stance rather than be upset your team just lost,

Oh and BTW When I made my posts about Cam Newton EARLY last year he was doing nothing special and the media was gushing all over him even in a game he threw no TD's and had like 2 or 3 Ints almost costing his team the game. Sure his second half was fantastic and I made note of that in that same thread and stated I WAS WRONG ABOUT HIM ..Hell you even gave me rep for it. Now you use that against me even though I admitted to being wrong something you and your fellow Fitz haters just refuse to do.? Fcuk at least Cam does not play for the Jets cause I know you guys would have probably ate him up for that terrible SB performance

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Cincy scored 23 points  you're making it sound like they put 40 or something. 

Maybe people bring up Geno because you didn't shut the **** up about Geno for months even though the guy was absolutely horrid as a QB for this team. Only when they reigned him in and let him have very little effect on the outcome of the game did he do anything worth talking about.

That's a nice way to debunk him. Last I remember, he was a rookie without a WR before getting an injured Decker his second season. 

You brought that on yourself so don't bitch now that it keeps getting brought up even though @ljr was making a damn good point very much in the conversation of this never ending QB debate you guys keep bringing up.

We get it. Fitz had a good game and you think he will be the next Rich Gannon. We all saw Geno have a string of 3-4 good games to end 2014 on a very high note so you should also understand why we were hopeful. Why is that so hard to understand?

Smith Fans are irrelevant.  Smith will not win games for the Jets, and probably will not play for them at all.  Time to move on...

Anyway, on that jersey subject, I don't have jerseys since I root for the team as a whole.  And then you see people get jerseys of players who get traded.  Or something else.  I once thought to get a Quincy Carter jersey, and genuinely liked him.  After all he's got a lifetime game winning percentage of .667 for the Jets, better than anyone else I think.  But of course he liked to party too much, so that was that.

2 hours ago, ljr said:

When does "above average" = "other-worldly" or "top player" ?

sorry friend ... I brought up the 2014 W-L results with the QB we had then & compared them to the 2015 W-L results - fact.

please continue your civility ... Sorry you don't like who the QB was that had the 4-12 season, lol

man you are funny ... Hope you are enjoying the seat on that dislike/ hate bench ... Right Next to Johnnysd

It's cool. The benchwarmers who were on the bench during the Bengals game then decided to get up during the Bills game will be back on the bench once its convenient for them to be. I dont flip flop. 

I'll remain on the bench when the QB who has talent on both sides of the ball and a very favorable schedule can make a playoff appearance instead of constantly blowing week 17 games, leading the league with 4th qtr picks, destroying sub 500. teams with injury-riddled defenses then getting scrapped by playoff caliber teams. That spells inconsistency, which was my position before Geno Smith became a popular topic for people who couldnt handle not being able to dispute the fact. 

I'll keep the bench warm for the guys who love to be on the right side of the argument week after week with their flip flopping. I'll stick with the fact that his above average stats didnt translate to above average in-game performance. 

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

man when your ass is beat you just get angry. I bet you love bashing the QB of the team you root for don't you, well I mean only if he plays bad so you can prove your stance rather than be upset your team just lost,

Oh and BTW When I made my posts about Cam Newton EARLY last year he was doing nothing special and the media was gushing all over him even in a game he threw no TD's and had like 2 or 3 Ints almost costing his team the game. Sure his second half was fantastic and I made note of that in that same thread and stated I WAS WRONG ABOUT HIM ..Hell you even gave me rep for it. Now you use that against me even though I admitted to being wrong something you and your fellow Fitz haters just refuse to do.? Fcuk at least Cam does not play for the Jets cause I know you guys would have probably ate him up for that terrible SB performance

Angry? lol. Beat? lol. Fitzpatrick has led this team nowhere. Whats there to be angry about? Come back when he does. 

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Angry? lol. Beat? lol. Fitzpatrick has led this team nowhere. Whats there to be angry about? Come back when he does. 

Perhaps you should come back when Geno Smith does?  Or Mike Glennon does?

You know, the guys you lobbied so long, and so hard, and so ineffectively for?

And lol, it's obvious how unhappy you are over Fitz, and especially when Fitz does well.  

Some folks simply prefer being right on the internet to winning football games....

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

We get it. Fitz had a good game and you think he will be the next Rich Gannon. We all saw Geno have a string of 3-4 good games to end 2014 on a very high note so you should also understand why we were hopeful. Why is that so hard to understand?

He basically did that the year before too (finished strong), and it didn't play out as being a legitimate reason for optimism in his 2nd season.

The coaching staff sees him every day, unlike the fans, and never once by their actions seemed to indicate they'd be comfortable with Geno as the starter.  Only way you can argue Geno is in fact starter material is if you think the opinions of Bowles and Chan don't matter one iota.

Fitz might not be a Gannon or Testaverde but he's a starter, and not a terrible one.  Until Petty/Hack or a 3rd option comes along to challenge Fitz (and for the record, I WANT that to happen, and for Fitz to NOT have to be our starter in 2017 for that reason), he's our guy, and there's really no sense for anybody to waste time whining about it. 

Time for people to let it go. 

22 hours ago, johnnysd said:

i just do not find that a true statememt. He was not that good even in his good stretch,

Yeah in the 5 previous wins before the last loss he was pure garbage.

13 tds

1 int

305 passing yards average

1 fumble

65% comp rating

avg of 106 QB rating.

Once again you and a few others show you would rather look stupid than admit you are even the least bit incorrect.

Just now, Beerfish said:

13 tds

1 int

1 fumble

65% comp rating

avg of 106 QB rating.

Once again you and a few others show you would rather look stupid than admit you are even the least bit incorrect.

I did not say he was bad, I said he was not that good or as good as the stats suggest in those games. Definitely his best stretch. In none of them was he sharp like he was Thursday. If we can get that Fitz consistently I am completely open to him proving me wrong.

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And lol, it's obvious how unhappy you are over Fitz, and especially when Fitz does well.  

Some folks simply prefer being right on the internet to winning football games....

well said War

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Remember this thread? 

Talk about a guy who always has sour grapes when he's wrong and is always the first to say "I told you so" when he perceives that he was right. 

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He basically did that the year before too (finished strong), and it didn't play out as being a legitimate reason for optimism in his 2nd season.

The coaching staff sees him every day, unlike the fans, and never once by their actions seemed to indicate they'd be comfortable with Geno as the starter.  Only way you can argue Geno is in fact starter material is if you think the opinions of Bowles and Chan don't matter one iota.

They took a chance on Fitz and let him hit the FA. I wanna see him beat a good team for once. Yeah, he beat the Pats last year but did he beat any other good team? Please don't say the Deadskins. 

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fitz might not be a Gannon or Testaverde but he's a starter, and not a terrible one.  Until Petty/Hack or a 3rd option comes along to challenge Fitz (and for the record, I WANT that to happen, and for Fitz to NOT have to be our starter in 2017 for that reason), he's our guy, and there's really no sense for anybody to waste time whining about it. 

Time for people to let it go. 

He had a decent year last year. I get it. Outside of that, he was the guy holding teams back. Thats a known quantity. Never had more than 6 wins in his career. He doesn't have the arm strength or the balls to go deep. He did that last wk and it paid off. I've said it before, if he continues to do anything that resembles how he played last wk, I'll get a tattoo of him on my forehead. Im all for winning and if that means supporting Fitz, Im down. 

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

13 tds

1 int

1 fumble

65% comp rating

avg of 106 QB rating.

Lolololololololololololololololololol

ooohhhhh brother ... It's amazing how the Geno's MyHero's crowd  brains lock up and turn them into Corky when discussing Fitz

51 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Takes two to tango. I prefer the Jets being in the playoffs, over people talking about how people are wrong, or like to be right when the Jets as a team continue to be irrelevant when it comes playoff time. 

Some folks simply prefer to act like they're not part of the conversation when they've entertained it for just as long. Or they like to act like people simply prefer being right when the truth is they prefer to point fingers on the internet when they think that they're right. Just like I said, it takes two to tango. I dont recall having this conversation by myself, and I recall you being around for it, just like Smash and the rest of you guys. 

And dont you EVER put Glennon in the same sentence as Geno or Fitzpatrick. How disrespectful of you right now. <_<

8 minutes ago, j4jets said:

They took a chance on Fitz and let him hit the FA. I wanna see him beat a good team for once. Yeah, he beat the Pats last year but did he beat any other good team? Please don't say the Deadskins. 

He had a decent year last year. I get it. Outside of that, he was the guy holding teams back. Thats a known quantity. Never had more than 6 wins in his career. He doesn't have the arm strength or the balls to go deep. He did that last wk and it paid off. I've said it before, if he continues to do anything that resembles how he played last wk, I'll get a tattoo of him on my forehead. Im all for winning and if that means supporting Fitz, Im down. 

"I wanna see him beat a good team for once."  "Yeah, he beat the Pats last year"

Didn't you just answer your own question?

No, he doesn't hold teams back.  He's a replacement level QB.  Meaning he mostly beats bad teams, has the capability to win more than he loses to average teams (like last year), and mostly loses to good ones.  So what?  Does that mean he's "hot garbage" like the thread suggests?  No.  It means he's a journeyman on the level of a Chad Pennington, except he takes more risks, is a superior runner, and is a LOT more likable.  And we're not paying him $64M to be our QB.  He's capable of having a winning season like he did last year, and giving our team an adequate chance to win most games. 

He is what he is.  So why do threads like these need to go 26 pages to establish that?  If you want us to have an Aaron Rodgers under center, that hate should be directed to the upper level people, especially Woody Johnson, not Fitz himself.  It's a waste of time.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

I prefer the Jets being in the playoffs

So does every Jets Fan.  So, we have to presume, does Macc and Bowles.  And they choose Fitz.

The exception is the "lose to get the #1 pick" people, and the "lose so we can give X QB a try/fair chance" people.

Just like I said, it takes two to tango. I dont recall having this conversation by myself

You seem oblivious to your role in driving these threads.  Fitz could sneeze, and you'd start and spam a thread with the "Top 100 reasons why Fitz is a below average Sneezer!" including hand-crafted youtubes "proving it" and an "advanced stats" metric showing the mph of his spittle is simply slower than that of other QB sneezers.

And dont you EVER put Glennon in the same sentence as Geno or Fitzpatrick. How disrespectful of you right now. <_<

:P

You know, you'd think if Glennon were that good, he might have seen some time on Sunday, late, after Winston threw all those many many INT's.

But no.

How odd, doncha think? 

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So does every Jets Fan.  So, we have to presume, does Macc and Bowles.  And they choose Fitz.

The exception is the "lose to get the #1 pick" people, and the "lose so we can give X QB a try/fair chance" people.

You seem oblivious to your role in driving these threads.  Fitz could sneeze, and you'd start and spam a thread with the "Top 100 reasons why Fitz is a below average Sneezer!" including hand-crafted youtubes "proving it" and an "advanced stats" metric showing the mph of his spittle is simply slower than that of other QB sneezers.

You know, you'd think if Glennon were that good, he might have seen some time on Sunday, late, after Winston threw all those many many INT's.

But no.

How odd, doncha think? 

Im still trying to figure out why Tampa even drafted Winston

Look Fitz has 18 starts for the Jets and he's been good. Not great but good. If you want great that's hard to find and we saw franchise Qbs struggling yesterday If Fitz had played as poorly as some of them did his haters would be screaming bloody murder.  But we have 16 more games to go and we'll see what happens. So far in his Jets career he's kept us in every game and we've had a chance to win all of them except one. And that's the one Geno played most of the game. When Fitz left it was a tie score.  All others with Fitz were close games including week 17. When you play your worst game of the year but keep the team close and give them a chance to win that's called doing your job. Show me one Qb in the NFL who is great every week. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

But no.

How odd, doncha think? 

"Driving these threads". Everyone has participated and played their role. You know what this reminds me of? 

Any "pro-Fitz" thread I purposefully stay away from. Sure, I may make a comment or two, but look at my comment count, then go look at those "Fitz haters can" threads and see my comment count. 

Oh, and speaking of the "driving these threads", the same guy who made the thread above (driving these types of threads) is the same guy who this summer made a thread talking about how the board is unreadable, yet he continues to contribute. The dissonance does make this place exciting though I must admit. These are the type of people who pretend to be victimized by the board yet when the time is right they make threads like this. Did I go in there and "point the finger"? Na. Though his position is full of dissonance he still has a right to create the thread, and outside of my one comment which literally said "this", there was nothing for me to contribute because I dont agree. How's that spamming by Villain? You dont agree with this thread, yet you're every where in it! How'd that happen? 

Check the "Fitzpatrick merged" thread. Check my comment count. This has 6,500 replies in it and I probably have a grand total of 20 comments in this thread since it was created in November. 

For the record, I generally dont spam. I talk about the subject relevant to the thread. Have I spammed before, sure. I would assume that some past activity could be considered spamming. However, this is why you find me posting in this thread, and not in  other popular Fitz threads that I dont agree with, because people have the right to be in disagreement without spreading it in every thread, with every other post being about something completely contrary to the thread. Its you guys that are coming to THIS THREAD talking about spamming sh*t. Im in here, you guys found me here. Who's spamming if its not you??? Jetsfan80 finding threads I made back in November that has nothing to do with this topic...all for the purpose of spam, because it had nothing to do with the topic, but all about me. Maybe he should block me like I showed him how to back in March. Maybe ignoring me got boring and he needed some excitement. 

Im not in those other Fitz threads, you dont see me spamming in every " Lets trade Geno there" thread that comes up when the next QB gets hurt, though I would consider those threads "spam". When's the last time I made a Fitz thread? I dont think Fitz is that great, so I post about it in the "Fitz is not so great" threads...where that type of topic should be placed. You dont agree, yet look at your comment count in this thread! Who's spamming or "Driving these threads" huh warfish??? This is what I mean when I say you guys point the finger but be just as guilty. 

You guys dont agree with it yet decide to speak on it, make a big fuss and post dozens of times. I just posted the latest Fitz thread and the most popular Fitz thread that would be considered "Pro-Fitz or non-anti-Fitz" on this board and im barely anywhere to be found, and if I did make a comment it was pretty damn insignificant and nothing that could be considered "spamming". If you dont like it fish, go to the other Fitz threads that have a different tone to it, trust me...you will rarely see me there. And if you do that maybe you'll stop "spamming" in this thread. 

Dont call the kettle black fish. 

And dont talk about Glennon like that, its upsetting. :1cry:

Archived