Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SAR I said:

Yes, it helps when one's expectations are in check.

If Ryan Fitzpatrick were a franchise quarterback he wouldn't be playing on his 6th team in 11 years.  Journeyman quarterbacks win a few games spectacularly and lose a few games spectacularly.  It's why they're journeymen.

Ryan serves a purpose right now and is our best option to win.  That's why he's going to continue to be our starter.  That's why he'll win next week and we'll be as equally dumbfounded as we are today.  Up and down, inconsistent, gives you hope, gives you despair.  No surprises here.

SAR I

Pretty much. I don't get why people cannot understand that no one wants Fitz forever, just Fitz to keep us moderately competitive while the team takes shape. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hold the fort????????

6 INTs????????? 

Come on SAR I you are better than this

You should have listened when I told you 7-9, you should have listened when I said if we didn't go 2-0 we were going 1-6.

No way Maccagnan or Bowles could commit to Bryce Petty in the preseason or until our veterans know that the season isn't going to end well for that matter.  That should happen in 4 weeks.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Pretty much. I don't get why people cannot understand that no one wants Fitz forever, just Fitz to keep us moderately competitive while the team takes shape. 

Its that poeple dont understand why people want Fitz today. I'd rather see Geno out there with these weaponzzz, Petty out there with these weaponzzz. 

You dont pay Ryan Fitzpatrick 12 million dollars when half of the fan base knew this side of Ryan Fitzpatrick. Why not the damn front office? 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

You should have listened when I told you 7-9, you should have listened when I said if we didn't go 2-0 we were going 1-6.

No way Maccagnan or Bowles could commit to Bryce Petty in the preseason or until our veterans know that the season isn't going to end well for that matter.  That should happen in 4 weeks.

SAR I

6 INTs SAR I 6 INTs the PROBLEM is Fitzpatrick id rather watch a rookie struggle or see what Geno can do with this offense 

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You are a guy telling everyone that Todd Bowles is black as if 1) we don't know that and 2) it's some shocking surprise.

We all know Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't a franchise quarterback.  So please, tell us again how he's not a franchise quarterback.

SAR I

Lol it's funny reading Fit n Franchise QB in the same sentence. Calling Fitz garbage is far from saying he's not a franchise QB. Aren't you the one wanting to blame everyone but Fitz? 

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

True. Which is why all of the other QB bashing and comparisons such as "when has Geno ever won 3 afc POTW awards in 18 games" needs to stop, when that same award winner is the record holder for the most INT's in Jets history 1 week later. Talk about being jekyll and hyde...

This performance today was disgusting and was not just the worst QB outing I've ever seen from Fitz but the worst I've ever seen from a Jets QB. 6 ints, two picks in the endzone, a pick 6 and 4 dropped INT's.

What type of statline is that? :-k

Yes, and the truth is that Ryan Fitzpatrick really isn't the story today.

The story today is how the team didn't get off the bus, again, and how core veteran players like David Harris, Darrelle Revis, and Nick Mangold never get called out for their lack of leadership.  Every time we have a big division win, we come out flat the next game.  Every time we have a lengthy gap between games, come out flat the next week.  Every time we play a quality opponent on the road we shoot ourselves in the foot.  Over and over again, same old thing, Same Ol' Jets since Bill Parcells left town. 

SAR I

58 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Please, if Geno Smith is announced as our starter I won't go to the game, I won't watch on TV. Millions of Jets fans feel the same.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is an average journeyman.  Geno Smith just sucks.

SAR I

Really?  That was the worst game I've ever seen a Jets QB play and I've been following the team since 1966.  I'd rather watch a younger QB with some chance of improving than a 34 year old who played so far above his head last year he was bound to come crashing down to earth.  6 picks and you will protest if Smith plays?  That's absurd.  

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The story today is how the team didn't get off the bus, again, and how core veteran players like David Harris, Darrelle Revis, and Nick Mangold never get called out for their lack of leadership.  Every time we have a big division win, we come out flat the next game.  Every time we have a lengthy gap between games, come out flat the next week.  Every time we play a quality opponent on the road we shoot ourselves in the foot.  Over and over again, same old thing, Same Ol' Jets since Bill Parcells left town. 

SAR I

6 INTs cant change the game SAR I the guys you mentioned could have played like superstars today 6 INTs is a game changer. 

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

throwing a franchise high 6 picks, including 2 in the endzone and a pick 6 isnt the story today???

Im going to start calling Fizpatrick the Teflon Don. 

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Its that poeple dont understand why people want Fitz today. I'd rather see Geno out there with these weaponzzz, Petty out there with these weaponzzz. 

You dont pay Ryan Fitzpatrick 12 million dollars when half of the fan base knew this side of Ryan Fitzpatrick. Why not the damn front office? 

Because Geno Smith is bad. Fitz is average and inconsistent. One is better than the other. Basically, last year Marcus Mariotta had a bad team and this year no one questioned his ability as a talent meanwhile Geno was on a bad team and everyone knew he was trash. 

12 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The front office is trying to win games. They won 10 last year with this QB. Why wouldn't they bring him back to try again? Everyone knows the two sides of Fitz. They also knew Hack isn't playing this year and Petty didn't show anything last year to inspire confidence. They looked at all of their QBs and said, if they wanted to win games this season then Fitz was the best option. Not sure what you don't understand about that thought process. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The front office is trying to win games. They won 10 last year with this QB. Why wouldn't they bring him back to try again? Everyone knows the two sides of Fitz. They also knew Hack isn't playing this year and Petty didn't show anything last year to inspire confidence. They looked at all of their QBs and said, if they wanted to win games this season then Fitz was the best option. Not sure what you don't understand about that thought process. 

He wasn't worth $12 million let alone 12 cents 6 INTs today he sucks has be never made the playoffs the organization made another mistake 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

He wasn't worth $12 million let alone 12 cents 6 INTs today he sucks has be never made the playoffs the organization made another mistake 

If you don't have anything to add except for your jibberish rhetoric, please refrain from interrupting actual thought out conversations. 

Just now, Mecca said:

If the Jets offered Sheldon Richardson and a 3rd round pick for Teddy Bridgewater, who says no? With Bradford's success in Minnesota, Bridgewater is the type of QB I'm licking my chops for.

Bradford becomes available before Bridgewater and it would take two 1st plus Sheldon to get him anyway.

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Because Geno Smith is bad. Fitz is average and inconsistent. One is better than the other. Basically, last year Marcus Mariotta had a bad team and this year no one questioned his ability as a talent meanwhile Geno was on a bad team and everyone knew he was trash. 

No, when you're inconsistent, you're not average. You're a bad QB because you're not reliable. Lets get that one straight. Beating up on garbage teams while being 7-35 lifetime against 500. or better teams does not make you average. It makes you Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

People can think what they want of Geno, but you didnt have to pay Geno 12 million dollars. Instead we gave that to a guy that's not in his prime, and when in his prime wasnt anything special anyway. 3 QB's on this roster under rookie contracts and we pay Fitz 12 million dollars in order to get this performance today, and the only thing I can hear is how bad Geno is? Geno was never "this" bad regarding what we seen today. 

Geno Smith NEVER had Brandon Marshall or a prime Quincy Enunwa. Geno Smith NEVER had Matt Forte or Chan Gailey. He had Rex Ryan, Marty Morninwhieg and Tony Sparano,

I have more confidence in the unknown that is Geno than accepting my fate with Fitz.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

No, when you're inconsistent, you're not average. You're a bad QB because you're not reliable. Lets get that one straight. Beating up on garbage teams while being 7-35 lifetime against 500. or better teams does not make you average. It makes you Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

People can think what they want of Geno, but you didnt have to pay Geno 12 million dollars. Instead we gave that to a guy that's not in his prime, and when in his prime wasnt anything special anyway. 3 QB's on this roster under rookie contracts and we pay Fitz 12 million dollars in order to get this performance today, and the only thing I can hear is how bad Geno is? Geno was never "this" bad regarding what we seen today. 

Geno Smith was NEVER this BAD

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Carl. I have a question. Is Ryan Fitzpatrick worth 12 million dollars to you? A simple "yes" or "no" would suffice. 

Just now, kdels62 said:

Bradford becomes available before Bridgewater and it would take two 1st plus Sheldon to get him anyway.

The only QB's that are worth that much are Wentz, Luck, Winston, etc. 

Maybe it'd take a 1st plus Sheldon.

But Minnesota loves what Bradford is doing. If he keeps this up, they're not moving him like a rental.

4 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Geno Smith NEVER had Brandon Marshall or a prime Quincy Enunwa. Geno Smith NEVER had Matt Forte or Chan Gailey. He had Rex Ryan, Marty Morninwhieg and Tony Sparano,

I have more confidence in the unknown that is Geno than accepting my fate with Fitz.

Exactly. People keep talking about "But Geno is bad" but look at wtf Fitz is doing with all these weapons? What's Fitz excuse....that we like his personality? 

The Jets are so easy to beat. You play press coverage on the receivers with two Safety's playing Centerfield zone watching our alley-oops. Anyone whom understands the game from a strategic level can exploit this. Fitz CAN'T lead his receivers open. Even on our completed passes, they weren't good passes. 

But he was this bad and everyone except a select group know that. And beating bad teams while being bad against good teams is the most average, literally middle of the pack all the time with little upside. There was no way he wasn't back this year because the team cannot go 2-14 after going 10-6, that's how jobs are lost and rebuilds begin. 

Geno should push Fitz for reps this week and if he fails to show up next week then we could see Geno in the game and that's great. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes.  Based on the previous season, what other QBs are being paid, and the lack of better options. 

Then maybe we should have paid him 12 million dollars last year. You dont pay this guy 12 million because of a season last year when he sat in FA all spring/summer and no other team in the league would touch him for that price. 

Archived