Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Carl. I have a question. Is Ryan Fitzpatrick worth 12 million dollars to you? A simple "yes" or "no" would suffice. 

last week? absolutely. this week? not a chance. as you have said, Fitzpatrick is inconsistent. last week, he was killing it. this week he was dog dick. an extreme swing. imo, such as swing is an anomaly. his inconsistancies will not be as extreme

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What you folks fail to understand is that it takes time to develop a QB .Switching Coordinators don't help and complaining after every mistake doesn't help either.  There are folks on here who are willing to give a veteran QB who has experience in this system the benefit of the doubt, yet these same folks won't give a young QB learning on the fly the same benefit .   I could care less about the INTs that occurred outside the red zone, but inside the 10 yard line when points are guaranteed, after what went down in Buffalo to end the 2015 season is a problem for me .

That is all .

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Then maybe we should have paid him 12 million dollars last year. You dont pay this guy 12 million because of a season last year when he sat in FA all spring/summer and no other team in the league would touch him for that price. 

They're paying Revis 17 for past performance and not getting what they need from him this year either. You can say all you want about not paying for past performance, but players get paid based on what they done because that's what you hope they can do. It doesn't always work out. You have to see more than three weeks in 2016 to see how it plays out. And if in a few weeks, Fitz is playing more like he did this week than last, then Petty should be healthy enough to see what he has. 

6 minutes ago, ylekram said:

last week? absolutely. this week? not a chance. as you have said, Fitzpatrick is inconsistent. last week, he was killing it. this week he was dog dick. an extreme swing. imo, such as swing is an anomaly. his inconsistancies will not be as extreme

Fitz isnt reliable. You dont pay 12 million for that imo. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They're paying Revis 17 for past performance and not getting what they need from him this year either. You can say all you want about not paying for past performance, but players get paid based on what they done because that's what you hope they can do. It doesn't always work out. You have to see more than three weeks in 2016 to see how it plays out. And if in a few weeks, Fitz is playing more like he did this week than last, then Petty should be healthy enough to see what he has. 

Im not talking about Revis, im talking about Fitz. 

Revis is a 1st ballot hall of famer/superbowl champion. Fitz doesnt even know what the playoffs look like

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Im not talking about Revis, im talking about Fitz. 

Revis is a 1st ballot hall of famer/superbowl champion. Fitz doesnt even know what the playoffs look like

If you aren't going to treat all players in the same context, then why even have the conversation? Again, it doesn't matter what Revis has done. They are paying him for what he's doing. Which isn't good enough. He was just as much to blame in week one as Fitz, but it doesn't fit your narrative so you deflect. 

5 minutes ago, jetfan39 said:

remember Geno threw 3 interceptions ion the 1st qtr against buff and was pulled by rex. if he played the whole game how many int's would he have thrown?  just asking

And it wasnt this bad. I just watched a drive where Fitz basically threw 4 picks in a row on 1 series. 3 picks were dropped in a row between 1st and 3rd downs and then on 4th down they finally picked him. 

Fitz threw 6 picks with 4 of them dropped, two picks in the endzone and a pick 6 to cap the game. you point me to a game where Geno did that. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And it wasnt this bad. I just watched a drive where Fitz basically threw 4 picks in a row on 1 series. 3 picks were dropped in a row between 1st and 3rd downs and then on 4th down they finally picked him. 

Fitz threw 6 picks with 4 of them dropped, two picks in the endzone and a pick 6 to cap the game. you point me to a game where Geno did that. 

STOP trying to reason with FITZNation they got a reality check today

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If you aren't going to treat all players in the same context, then why even have the conversation? Again, it doesn't matter what Revis has done. They are paying him for what he's doing. Which isn't good enough. He was just as much to blame in week one as Fitz, but it doesn't fit your narrative so you deflect. 

Yeah how can you blame fitz? It's obviously everybody else's fault that he threw 6 INTs 

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

All players are not the same. You pay for Revis history because Revis history is worth investing in. Fitz is a journeyman and every Jets fan here knows that. You dont pay that man 12 million dollars because he had a season that didnt make him a probowler or a top 100 player, but because he broke 1 Jets record that sat around for 40 years yet in an era where any QB can throw for 4000 yards and 30TD's. Ryan Tannehill has basically done it and we all think he's trash. Why pay Fitz???

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Unfortunately it will be just that...an excuse. 

I don't love it but I understand it. Here there are hardcore fans, we can name every depth player at every position, most fans can't. They spend money and they don't get 2-14 after 10-6, it's business. Having Petty and Hack develop plus the skill position pipeline will help long term. In the Short term going with an average, inconsistent likeable guy instead of the bad, inconsistent unlikeable guy is better business.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

STOP trying to reason with FITZNation they got a reality check today

Dude there is no Fitznation. There are people that have moderate control over their thoughts and fingertips and then there's people that like Geno, then there's you screaming into your own butthole.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

All players are not the same. You pay for Revis history because Revis history is worth investing in. Fitz is a journeyman and every Jets fan here knows that. You dont pay that man 12 million dollars because he had a season that didnt make him a probowler or a top 100 player, but because he broke 1 Jets record that sat around for 40 years yet in an era where any QB can throw for 4000 yards and 30TD's. Ryan Tannehill has basically done it and we all think he's trash. Why pay Fitz???

They had to pay fitz so the know nothing fans that think he was responsible for last years success don't throw a tantrum and cry about how the team didn't bring their hero back. This is a business after all and they have tickets and merchandise to sell

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

All players are not the same. You pay for Revis history because Revis history is worth investing in. Fitz is a journeyman and every Jets fan here knows that. You dont pay that man 12 million dollars because he had a season that didnt make him a probowler or a top 100 player, but because he broke 1 Jets record that sat around for 40 years yet in an era where any QB can throw for 4000 yards and 30TD's. Ryan Tannehill has done it and we all think he's trash. Why pay Fitz???

They paid Fitz because he was the QB they wanted for 2016. I'm sorry that's not the QB you wanted but you don't get to pick and choose. It isn't your job. You're welcome to criticize them, but I doubt Bowles and Mac hop on here for your $.02. They get paid to make the roster decisions. They didn't choose to pay Revis that much, but they're going to have a big decision on him at the end of this year. I hope you stay consistent with how you feel about overpaying declining players.  

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They paid Fitz because he was the QB they wanted for 2016. I'm sorry that's not the QB you wanted but you don't get to pick and choose. It isn't your job. You're welcome to criticize them, but I doubt Bowles and Mac hop on here for your $.02. They get paid to make the roster decisions. They didn't choose to pay Revis that much, but they're going to have a big decision on him at the end of this year. I hope you stay consistent with how you feel about overpaying declining players.  

31other NFL teams said NO the Jets said YES 

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

They had to pay fitz so the know nothing fans that think he was responsible for last years success don't throw a tantrum and cry about how the team didn't bring their hero back. This is a business after all and they have tickets and merchandise to sell

Bingo.

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

Today is the worst day to defend Fitz in his entire career. He actually outplayed Geno for the sh*ttiest performance ever. That ought to shut some traps. But apparently you're still living in the damn past. 

No one is defending Ryan Fitzpatrick.

There are those who understand who Ryan Fitzpatrick is and there are those who don't.  I don't get mad at my wife because she doesn't look like Mila Kunis.  That's not her fault.  That's mine.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc made a BIG mistake giving him the 1 year 

Why would you say that?  Because our journeyman quarterback had a bad day?  You know, like journeyman quarterbacks do?  Overreact much?

Until the Jets FO feels that one of the kids has the potential to develop into a legitimate franchise quarterback they're not going to rush them into duty nor are they going to bench Ryan because he gives us the best chance to win.

Your issue actually isn't Ryan Fitzpatrick.  It's that you are naive.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Why would you say that?  Because our journeyman quarterback had a bad day?  Overreact much?

Until the Jets FO feels that one of the kids has the potential to develop into a legitimate franchise quarterback they're not going to rush them into duty nor are they going to bench Ryan because he gives us the best chance to win.

SAR I

Fitzpatrick career 6 team in 11 years prior to signing with the Jets never made the playoffs 

31 other NFL teams said NO 

Journeyman gypsy BUM 

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Why would you say that?  Because our journeyman quarterback had a bad day?  You know, like journeyman quarterbacks do?  Overreact much?

SAR I

6 Picks is way beyond bad day lol 

24 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

If you want to go there, Geno Smith is the reason we lost today's game.

See, if he were the quarterback the Jets FO thought he was he would have taken back his job last season or this preseason and Ryan Fitzpatrick wouldn't be on this team and Ryan Fitzpatrick wouldn't be getting the criticism he is right now.  If Geno Smith lived up to his ability, we wouldn't have a journeyman running our offense, we would have taken useful CB's instead of Petty and Hackenberg, we'd be 3-0 right now.

See, the problem isn't the stop-gap journeyman quarterback; the problem is the one we drafted who sucks so bad we have had to spend money and picks to figure out a way to win because of his inability to play football.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

See, if he were the quarterback the Jets FO thought he was he would have taken back his job last season or this preseason and Ryan Fitzpatrick wouldn't be on this team and Ryan Fitzpatrick wouldn't be getting the criticism he is right now.  If Geno Smith lived up to his ability, we wouldn't have a journeyman running our offense, we would have taken useful CB's instead of Petty and Hackenberg, we'd be 3-0 right now.

See, the problem isn't the stop-gap journeyman quarterback; the problem is the one we drafted who sucks so bad we have had to spend money and picks to figure out a way to win because of his inability to play football.

SAR I

SAR I you been drinking?  

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick career 6 team in 11 years prior to signing with the Jets never made the playoffs 

31 other NFL teams said NO 

Journeyman gypsy BUM 

Read the post above ^^

Geno Smith is the reason we lost today.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Look at Rex Ryan's face closely. Thats how I look right now after reading this. 

sarsigg_zps42a801f8.jpg

Archived