Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

8 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes. We know what you would and wouldn't do. You wouldn't bring back Fitz. But, Mac would and did. Bowles would and did. Mangold, Decker, Marshall etc all would and did. It doesn't really make any sense to talk about something that cannot be changed. There's zero need to keep bashing your head against the wall. 

Thats what happens when you let players influence your decision. Thats what happens when you name a free agent your starting QB. Thats what happens when you pay an inconsistent journeyman 12 million dollars with a history of never living up to the big contract. 

It was a bad decision. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SAR I said:

No, it's not what "most" people thought Fitzpatrick was.  You'd have to be an ignorant and naive fool to look at his 10 year resume on 5 different NFL teams and think "Eureka!  We are saved!"

Count me in those ignorant fools cuz I've seen many people to claim him to be a good QB here.

Just now, SAR I said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is an old cork in Geno Smith's leaky dyke.  That's the best our FO could do.  And that's on Geno, not Ryan.  I'm sure Ryan doesn't understand why people have these expectations of him.  He's a friendly mutt, not a show dog.

SAR I

Don't really care what you're making him ought to be. We are paying him to be an average QB but he's not even starter material. Geno is still better. 

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Thats what happens when you let players influence your decision. Thats what happens when you name a free agent your starting QB. Thats what happens when you pay an inconsistent journeyman 12 million dollars with a history of never living up to the big contract. 

It was a bad decision. 

Let's be real for a second, let's play GM.  Pretend it's August.  You have 3 options:

1.  Re-sign the guy who just got you 10 wins and unexpectedly within a hair of the playoffs, who set Jets records for offense and TD's, who finally makes your offense look professional and NFL-grade again.

2.  Take Bryce Petty with less than 1 year in a pro-style offense and feed him to the wolves against the grueling schedule the NFL has provided you.

3.  Go back to Geno Smith, a quarterback so bad that he's forced you to draft not one but two young QB's in the hopes that one of these long-shots can force him off the roster.

What do you do.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Count me in those ignorant fools cuz I've seen many people to claim him to be a good QB here.

Don't really care what you're making him ought to be. We are paying him to be an average QB but he's not even starter material. Geno is still better. 

Oh, I do count you in as one of the ignorant fools.  There is no way not to the way you post around here.

Your weak argument hinges upon how much money Ryan Fitzpatrick is making, and it doesn't matter how much he's making.  What, if we paid him $100 million dollars he would magically become Tom Brady?  After 10 years and 5 different teams, we knew who Ryan Fitzpatrick was and we overpaid him and signed him anyway, because Geno Smith is that bad.

Get it now?

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let's be real for a second, let's play GM.  Pretend it's August.  You have 3 options:

1.  Re-sign the guy who just got you 10 wins and unexpectedly within a hair of the playoffs, who set Jets records for offense and TD's, who finally makes your offense look professional and NFL-grade again.

2.  Take Bryce Petty with less than 1 year in a pro-style offense and feed him to the wolves against the grueling schedule the NFL has provided you.

3.  Go back to Geno Smith, a quarterback so bad that he's forced you to draft not one but two young QB's in the hopes that one of these long-shots can force him off the roster.

What do you do.

SAR I

What's the asking price tag on Fitz?

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Good, good, finally you're making sense.

So be mad at Mike Maccagnan for building the roster in this manner.  Or, be mad at Woody Johnson for allowing Rex Ryan to fester way past his prime.  Or perhaps spit upon the ghost of John Idzik for his missteps.  Todd Bowles, perhaps, for his clock mismanagement and lack of passion.

But don't blame Ryan Fitzpatrick.  See, he's meeting expectations.  In fact, taking into account last season, he's exceeding them.  You want to blame those who didn't do their jobs, people like our owner, our GMs, our head coaches, people who didn't meet expectations.  Like Geno Smith.

SAR I

Genos 8-8 with the roster they had in his rookie year is light years ahead of anything Fitz has done in his 12 years.  One 10-6 smoke and mirror filled season is not enough to wash away the stink of his 7-1,000,000 record against winning teams.

They should bench him immediately and lets finally see what we have in Geno or Petty.  This is shaping up to be a wasted 8-8 season with no light being shed on the QB position.  Crash and burn or find lighting in a bottle.  Enough with yo yo Fitzpatrick.  He's never been consistently good, will never be consistently good, and is not taking this team to the playoffs.

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Oh, I do count you in as one of the ignorant fools.  There is no way not to the way you post around here.

Your weak argument hinges upon how much money Ryan Fitzpatrick is making, and it doesn't matter how much he's making. 

Maybe you missed watching him today, It's ok. Wasn't much to watch anyways.

What, if we paid him $100 million dollars he would magically become Tom Brady?

Only an ignorant fool would pay him $100 mil. Someone like you would probably pay him 100 mil n say the "we knew who he was..." bs after he plays the worst an NFL QB has played in 15 years.

After 10 years and 5 different teams, we knew who Ryan Fitzpatrick was and we overpaid him and signed him anyway, because Geno Smith is that bad.

Get it now?

SAR I

Says a guy who thinks Petty is good based on facing defenders currently selling Obamacare. Keep your nonsense to yourself please. Geno is still the better QB on the roster. "Fitz is hot garbage". 

7 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

The bottom line is, Geno Smith sucks.

Bottom line: he ain't never sucked as much as Ryan Fitzpatrick did today and last game of last year.

hilarious, Fitzpatrick sucks ass and the haters are like "bottom line Geno sucks"?! Talk about moronic hatred...

Bottom line: he ain't never sucked as much as Ryan Fitzpatrick did today and last game of last year.

hilarious, Fitzpatrick sucks ass and the haters are like "bottom line Geno sucks"?! Talk about moronic hatred...

What does Ryan Fitzpatrick playing poorly have to do with the fact that Geno Smith sucks?

1 minute ago, jfmckenna said:

What does Ryan Fitzpatrick playing poorly have to do with the fact that Geno Smith sucks?

Oh, my bad. When Ryan Fitzpatrick throws SIX INTs in a single game he's "playing poorly" and when Geno Smith....who has about the same QB rating as Fitzpatrick for his much shorter career, and his last start was a 158 QB rating, he sucks.

I think your judgment may be impaired by Ryan Fitzpatrick's dick up your ass.

Oh, my bad. When Ryan Fitzpatrick throws SIX INTs in a single game he's "playing poorly" and when Geno Smith....who has about the same QB rating as Fitzpatrick for his much shorter career, and his last start was a 158 QB rating, he sucks.

I think your judgment may be impaired by Ryan Fitzpatrick's dick up your ass.

The fact that Geno Smith sucks seems to really be upsetting you.

2 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Fitz vs Geno. Why is that even a question? 

Because Fitzpatrick fans have to focus on someone else when he plays like sh*t. they don't have balls to admit they support hot garbage. I wasn't here last week but I bet they were talking a blue streak about how awesome he is. Oh well, Fitzpatrick has more INTs than a whole ******* AFC division.

7 hours ago, phill1c said:

Because Fitzpatrick fans have to focus on someone else when he plays like sh*t. they don't have balls to admit they support hot garbage. I wasn't here last week but I bet they were talking a blue streak about how awesome he is. Oh well, Fitzpatrick has more INTs than a whole ******* AFC division.

#AdvancedStats

#1. Fitz has more INT's than the entire AFC East combined. 

#2. Fitz has more INT's than the entire NFC East combined which consists of 2 starting rookie QB's (Prescott & Wentz) along with turnover machines Manning and Cousins. 

#3. Fitz has more INT's than the AFC West combined

#4. FItz threw more INT's in the 4th quarter than what Wentz, Brissett, Prescott, Cody Kessler and Garapolo have combined for the entire season. 

#5. Fitz leads the league in 4th quarter INT's, same category he led the league in last year. It's not how you start the game, but how you finish!

#6. Fitz is doing this with all these "Weaponzzzzzz". 

#7. Fitz fumbled, threw 6 INT's, 3 INT's in the endzone, completed 45% of his passes, had a passer rating of just 18 and scored negative in fantasy points. 

#8. Fitz is the worst redzone QB this season.

#9. Most important stat of all, someone will try to blame this loss on Nick Folk. 

Fitztragic. 

#AdvancedStats

#1. Fitz has more INT's than the entire AFC East combined. 

#2. Fitz has more INT's than the entire NFC East combined which consists of 2 starting rookie QB's (Prescott & Wentz) along with turnover machines Manning and Cousins. 

#3. Fitz has more INT's than the AFC West combined

#4. FItz threw more INT's in the 4th quarter than what Wentz, Brissett, Prescott, Cody Kessler and Garapolo have combined for the entire season. 

#5. Fitz leads the league in 4th quarter INT's, same category he led the league in last year. 

#6. Fitz is doing this with all these "Weaponzzzzzz". 

#7. Fitz fumbled, threw 6 INT's, 3 INT's in the endzone, completed 45% of his passes, had a passer rating of just 18 and scored negative in fantasy points. 

#8. Most important stat of all, someone will try to blame this loss on Nick Folk. 

Fitztragic. 

And yet he's STILL better than Geno Smith.

THAT's the problem.

Don't know if it's been posted.  But on yesterday's Jets Nation post game, Westoff said what many of us think about Fitz.  That after the last week's Buffalo game, we forgot that Fitz really is the guy who self-destructed in Buffalo last year.  Let's just say Mike is not a fan of Fitz' play.  Me either. 

59 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

lol damage control. 

So explain why Geno wasn't inserted after INT #4, when the Jets were down 3 scores.

And if he's as bad as your advanced stats would indicate, why won;t the team bench him and start Geno Smith?

There is no defense of Fitz through three weeks, one great game, one historically bad game, one poor game.  

If it's so obvious Fitz is horrible, and thus far this year it seems to be pretty obvious, WHY WON'T THE STAFF PLAY GENO?

Answer that, and we'll have something worth discussion.

Just now, Warfish said:

So explain why Geno wasn't inserted after INT #4, when the Jets were down 3 scores.

This isnt about Geno Smith. This is about our 12 million dollar quarterback. I refuse to allow guys to find a way to throw shade on Geno this week. 

Geno may suck, Petty may be a mystery, Hackenberg may be a rookie who was traumatized in college, but Ryan Fitzpatrick is a 12 year vet. 

How about explaining Fitz performance once again against a .500 or better team and a top 12 defense...two categories Fitz has been absolutely poor when playing against. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This isnt about Geno Smith. This is about our 12 million dollar quarterback. I refuse to allow guys to find a way to throw shade on Geno this week. 

Geno may suck, Petty may be a mystery, Hackenberg may be a rookie who was traumatized in college, but Ryan Fitzpatrick is a 12 year vet. 

How about explaining Fitz performance once again against a .500 or better team and a top 12 defense...two categories Fitz has been absolutely poor when playing against. 

Sadly FitzNation got a reality check yesterday there only defense is to drag Geno Smith into it. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

This isnt about Geno Smith.

Bullsh*t, and I refuse to allow you to deflect.

We had two QB's yesterday.  Fitz, who played like rotting dogsh*t.  And Geno Smith.

The game was out of reach, Fitz was playing as bad as any QB has ever played int he history of the league.

Why was Geno Smith not inserted into the game?  

Bowles needs to answer that today, he cannot and must not be allowed to skate on this.

And Geno fans, all the folks rolling in glee and doing the giddy told-you-so rounds over yesterday's embarrassment, need to answer that.

Just now, Jet Life said:

It's almost October of 2016 and people are still brining up Geno Smith. Jet fans are incredible. 

He IS the #2 QB isn't he?

Why was he not inserted into the game yesterday?

I think Geno is horrible, I havn't had less respect for a Jets QB in my entire life, and I WOULD HAVE PLAYED HIM yesterday after Fitz's 4th INT.

So why didn't Bowles.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sadly FitzNation got a reality check yesterday there only defense is to drag Geno Smith into it. 

It's Geno Smith's fault Ryan Fitzpatrick is even on the team, it's Geno's failure as a franchise quarterback prospect that got us into this mess.

Drag him into it?  He is "it".

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

It's Geno Smith's fault Ryan Fitzpatrick is even on the team, it's Geno's failure as a franchise quarterback prospect that got us into this mess.

Drag him into it?  He is "it".

SAR I

When was Geno Smith gifted the talented Fitzpatrick has had here on this team? 

Clyde Gates and David Nelson say hello.

I think Smith should have been in there, if for no other reason, to get some quality time against NFL competition. He's the backup. So, when it's clear that the starter doesn't have it, you put him in so that when, say, the starter gets hurt, your backup has some recent NFL experience.

Plus it tells the starter that you have to perform to play, giving him incentive to clean up the slop.

A lot of fans don't want Geno Smith in the game in any circumstance. But that's not a good reason for the coach to keep him out of the game.

Archived