Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So explain why Geno wasn't inserted after INT #4, when the Jets were down 3 scores.

And if he's as bad as your advanced stats would indicate, why won;t the team bench him and start Geno Smith?

There is no defense of Fitz through three weeks, one great game, one historically bad game, one poor game.  

If it's so obvious Fitz is horrible, and thus far this year it seems to be pretty obvious, WHY WON'T THE STAFF PLAY GENO?

Answer that, and we'll have something worth discussion.

Wasnt ready to make a move?  Didn't get enough reps? If he's going in it will be as the starter, not in relief?  Fitz kept getting to the red zone?  

Lots of reasons why a switch might not be made.  Maybe today he wished he did, tough call.  Pulling a QB from the game, as if it's a guarantee to change anything. 

So explain why Geno wasn't inserted after INT #4, when the Jets were down 3 scores.

And if he's as bad as your advanced stats would indicate, why won;t the team bench him and start Geno Smith?

There is no defense of Fitz through three weeks, one great game, one historically bad game, one poor game.  

If it's so obvious Fitz is horrible, and thus far this year it seems to be pretty obvious, WHY WON'T THE STAFF PLAY GENO?

Answer that, and we'll have something worth discussion.

The Genobots don't get it. They never will.

Their lips are so firmly attached to their hero's schlong that they can't understand that Ryan Fitzpatrick playing poorly doesn't mean that Geno doesn't suck.

It's mental illness.

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm asking you.

And I'm demanding the NY Sports media ask Bowles.

I don't think it's nefarious as you're making it out to be.  As putrid as the beard was playing the Jets were still in the game.  It wasn't out of reach until the final 3 minutes or so.

If you can overcome the greek tragedy that was Fitzpatricks play and actually win, then you get a team that starts to believe.  Also, lets not forget that 10 days ago Fitz was zipping the ball around like he knew what he was doing.

It was a tough decsion for him to make..  I would have dragged Fitz to the bench by his facemask but I can understand why Bowles left him in.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

It was a tough decsion for him to make.

It really, truly wasn't.

I like Fitz, and I believe he's the best QB on our roster right now.  at least till Petty gets healthy and we can see who/what he is.

And I'd have yanked his ass without a second hesitation yesterday after the 4th INT.

I'd yank Joe f'ing Montana after his 4th INT in a game as poorly played as Fitz's game was yesterday.

It's not hard, when your QB doesn't have it the way Fitz didn't have it yesterday, he gets yanked after a 4th INT.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

I don't think it's nefarious as you're making it out to be.  As putrid as the beard was playing the Jets were still in the game.  It wasn't out of reach until the final 3 minutes or so.

If you can overcome the greek tragedy that was Fitzpatricks play and actually win, then you get a team that starts to believe.  Also, lets not forget that 10 days ago Fitz was zipping the ball around like he knew what he was doing.

It was a tough decsion for him to make..  I would have dragged Fitz to the bench by his facemask but I can understand why Bowles left him in.

A real good NFL coach would have benched his ass yesterday instead lifeless expressionless Bowles gave us all that sh*tty grin and left him in.

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

How about explaining Fitz performance once again against a .500 or better team and a top 12 defense...two categories Fitz has been absolutely poor when playing against. 

Explaining it?  Simple:  He's a journeyman quarterback.  The reason he isn't in his 10th season with the St. Louis Cardinals and is on his 6th NFL team is because he lacks what all journeyman quarterbacks lack-  consistency.

You want a consistent quarterback who can always beat winning teams with dominant defenses?  Good luck.  Get in line.  We've been waiting 45 years.  Nothing in Ryan Fitzpatrick's resume said he was going to be our savior.  He's a JAG, a necessary part of a rebuilding team without a franchise quarterback.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Explaining it?  Simple:  He's a journeyman quarterback.  The reason he isn't in his 10th season with the St. Louis Cardinals and is on his 6th NFL team is because he lacks what all journeyman quarterbacks lack-  consistency.

You want a consistent quarterback who can always beat winning teams with dominant defenses?  Good luck.  Get in line.  We've been waiting 45 years.  Nothing in Ryan Fitzpatrick's resume said he was going to be our savior.  He's a JAG, a necessary part of a rebuilding team without a franchise quarterback.

SAR I

You say JAG we say HOT GARBAGE 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

A real good NFL coach would have benched his ass yesterday instead lifeless expressionless Bowles gave us all that sh*tty grin and left him in.

A real good coach would have had a game plan to maximize FitzScattergun's strengths and some wrinkles defensively to disrupt the KC offense. But no, all we got was the SOJ...

35 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

When was Geno Smith gifted the talented Fitzpatrick has had here on this team? 

Clyde Gates and David Nelson say hello.

Geno Smith was the starting quarterback with all the toys Ryan Fitzpatrick was given but he couldn't win his job back.  Couldn't win it last year, couldn't win it in the offseason, couldn't win it in the preseason, couldn't win it yesterday, can't win it today.  Geno Smith had a ton of reps with Marshall, Decker, and Enunwa, plenty of throws that all our coordinators and coaches could evaluate, and he was so bad that they had to overpay for a journeyman on his 6th NFL team.

Stop deflecting.  Geno got us into this mess, so don't tell me how Ryan is screwing up.  Ryan wasn't brought here to save the Jets, that was Geno's job.  Fitzpatrick was brought here because Geno sucks and the kids aren't ready.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You're absolutely right. Jets fans need to understand that instead of continuously falling for the beard, charisma and the university he attended. Its like this guy has an entire resume that we could review but he gets a pass but Geno is somehow the worst ever. Edward Gorelik said it best. 

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Geno Smith was the starting quarterback with all the toys Ryan Fitzpatrick was given but he couldn't win his job back.  Couldn't win it last year, couldn't win it in the offseason, couldn't win it in the preseason, couldn't win it yesterday, can't win it today.  Geno Smith had a ton of reps with Marshall, Decker, and Enunwa, plenty of throws that all our coordinators and coaches could evaluate, and he was so bad that they had to overpay for a journeyman on his 6th NFL team.

Stop deflecting.  Geno got us into this mess, so don't tell me how Ryan is screwing up.  Ryan wasn't brought here to save the Jets; he was brought here because Geno sucks so badly and the kids aren't ready.

SAR I

Geno Smith DID NOT have all the toys that Ryan Fitzpatrick has thats a LIE 

Just now, SAR I said:

Stop deflecting.  Geno got us into this mess, so don't tell me how Ryan is screwing up.  Ryan wasn't brought here to save the Jets; he was brought here because Geno sucks so badly and the kids aren't ready.

SAR I

fitz was an 'insurance policy' in case geno stunk.  there's a reason he's bounced around the nfl.  at least this gm understands the need to draft and develop qbs.  petty is up next, followed by hack.  look what elway is doing in denver.  he's got 2 young qbs, he's going to keep drafting and developing them.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You say JAG we say HOT GARBAGE 

Say what you want, I don't disagree, I'm not here to tell you that Ryan Fitzpatrick is the answer to our prayers.

Geno Smith was supposed to be our savior and he couldn't get it done, he failed us miserably.  Geno Smith was supposed to be our Ferrari.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is a spare tire that gets you safely to a repair shop.

SAR I

Say what you want, I don't disagree, I'm not here to tell you that Ryan Fitzpatrick is the answer to our prayers.

Geno Smith was supposed to be our savior and he couldn't get it done, he failed us miserably.  Geno Smith was supposed to be our Ferrari.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is a spare tire that gets you safely to a repair shop.

SAR I

Give Geno Smith a chance why isn't he getting one? 

SAR I

He didn't fail us miserably. the Jets coaching staff and GM failed HIM miserably, which is why Smith is still here and they are gone. Smith had NOBODY to throw to and the worst OL in football. but I guess he failed when he got punched because it's left us with Fitzpatrick and filled moronic boobs with Great White Hope syndrome.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Geno Smith DID NOT have all the toys that Ryan Fitzpatrick has thats a LIE 

In 2015 Geno Smith was our first team quarterback until he got punched in the jaw.  He got all the meaningful reps with Decker, Marshall, and Enunwa last year prior to his injury.

In 2016 Geno Smith was our first team quarterback getting reps and looks with Decker, Marshall, and Enunwa right up until Ryan Fitzpatrick was signed.  He had all preseason to win the job.  Each day of practice each week he has a chance to win his job back.  He can't do it.  He sucks.

SAR I

Archived