Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cant wait said:

And you white knighting fitz after each loss I'm sure. I thought you weren't making excuses for your hero anymore?

No excuses needed.  Folk makes an easy short kick, Marshall catches a catchable ball or Revis is worth half his salary, we win going away today.

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

The loss was not on Fitz. But Fitz did nothing to overcome the mistakes the Jets made and made numerous of his arms. He was terriblty inaccurate today and it is celar  even the Jets coaching staff knows he has zero ability to stretch the field He can throw a screen and manage the game OK, but he is a pretty big liability. 

And here's the thing: The Jets essentially run an offense to hide the QB already. I see no reason Petty would not outperform Fitz with the weapons we have.

Fitz was bottom 5 inefficient today. In other words, he's not a playoff level game manager. 

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yes, that's exactly what you, Villain and the rest of the Geno cockgobblers are doing right now.

Geno sucks. 

Fitz was true to Fitz form. Specials and defense gave him short fields, and he failed to convert. Lousy 5.4 yards per attempt. Chokes in the end. Opposition scores more than 21 points, and his team loses. 

Sadly, not unexpected. 

3 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

You'll be one of them telling us how it's everyone else's fault.

Only if i is, which wow, funny enough, happens to be the case today.

The only folks blaming Fitz for the loss today are the same 5-7 posters who blame Fitz for everything.  **** sake I'm waiting for one of you chuckleheads to blame him for the War in Syria.

33 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

We had quite a few redzone drives where we could have put this game away with touchdowns. Unfortunately this thread will come down to how Geno Smith sucks and fieldgoal attempts when we should be scoring TD's in the redzone.  We should have put up 30 points in this game 

Goal-to-go, specifically. 

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

The loss was not on Fitz. But Fitz did nothing to overcome the mistakes the Jets made and made numerous of his arms. He was terriblty inaccurate today and it is celar  even the Jets coaching staff knows he has zero ability to stretch the field He can throw a screen and manage the game OK, but he is a pretty big liability. 

And here's the thing: The Jets essentially run an offense to hide the QB already. I see no reason Petty would not outperform Fitz with the weapons we have.

What people don't realize is that Chan coached in the red zone the way he did because Fitz was overall very inaccurate. Fitz general play forced conservative play calling.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yes, that's exactly what you, Villain and the rest of the Geno cockgobblers are doing right now.

From the biggest Fitz cockgobbler and you still do not get it. People are ANTI FITZ not pro Geno. Unlike you they realize the is a cockgobbler of epic proportions at QB.

And he is also the reason we had a single TO when it mattered.

He is awful. Plan and simple/

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And yet if our pass D was half what people said it was, and Folks makes a 25 yard chip-shot FG, we win today anyway vs. a seasoned veteran playoff team.

And if Marshall catches a pass that hit him in both hands, Folk gets his chance at redemption.

Seasoned playoff team? I guess seasoned means can't win a game for your life in the playoffs .  Win a game please 

Just now, Warfish said:

The only folks blaming Fitz for the loss today are the same 5-7 posters who blame Fitz for everything.  **** sake I'm waiting for one of you chuckleheads to blame him for the War in Syria.

I hear there's a large Jets fan base over there. It explains there disdain for getting along. 

Just now, Warfish said:

Well, the problem is, Mr Fitz can not win when the D gives up 22+ points. It's an automatic loss. So yeah, I blame the D. 

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Doesn't change the fact that Fitz was awful.  

With the running game they had today a good QB puts up big numbers.  Fitz threw for less than 200 yards. 

People want him to be a game manager. Throws 2 TD's 0 INT's and team has a lead with just over two minutes left in the game. Defense, which is supposed to be borderline dominant, fails. They give up 366 yards passing and 3 50 plus yard passes to a team with a depleted offense. Folk makes a simple PAT and chip shot field goal and offense puts up 26 points, which should be more than enough to win. Fitz's accuracy was pretty off but he did more than enough to win. Lots of other concerns on this team. No power back in the red zone and kickong field goals from the one foot line are not good things. You want a guy who is going to take you down the field with 30 seconds and no timeouts for a last second win, I think we know Fitz isn't that guy. Make extra points, don't give up 4 play 80 yard drives, and call some decent plays, I still think you can win with Fitz. Fitz is what he is. Making him a scapegoat is just ignoring the shortcomings of a team that is still a little ways off.

There were a number of things that lost the game, as many of my forum family have already mentioned, but when you hold out for more money then get a chance to show your worth the dough you can't come up small.  Fitz had a chance to be the hero and like always he couldn't get it done.  He will always be remembered as a second rate QB.  We can't win a division or even a playoff game with this guy at the helm. 

37 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Fitz is what he is...we all know it, and so does the league....

But the fact of the matter is if Marshall catches that ball we had a great chance to win that game.

We all know Fitz isn't Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, but he's light years better than Geno.

They mentioned this in the Star Trek marathon this weekend. Fitz is light years better than Geno Smith. 

3 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

People want him to be a game manager. Throws 2 TD's 0 INT's and team has a lead with just over two minutes left in the game. Defense, which is supposed to be borderline dominant, fails. They give up 366 yards passing and 3 50 plus yard passes to a team with a depleted offense. Folk makes a simple PAT and chip shot field goal and offense puts up 26 points, which should be more than enough to win. Fitz's accuracy was pretty off but he did more than enough to win. Lots of other concerns on this team. No power back in the red zone and kickong field goals from the one foot line are not good things. You want a guy who is going to take you down the field with 30 seconds and no timeouts for a last second win, I think we know Fitz isn't that guy. Make extra points, don't give up 4 play 80 yard drives, and call some decent plays, I still think you can win with Fitz. Fitz is what he is. Making him a scapegoat is just ignoring the shortcomings of a team that is still a little ways off.

Fitz is not a top tier game manager, which is what we need if we want to beat good teams with a game manager. Top tier game managers are QBs like Pennington, Alex Smith, Siemian, etc who get the most out of their short and intermediate passes, resulting in good YPA and high completion %. They hide their deficiencies through extreme efficiency elsewhere. Fitz didn't do that today and he can't against good teams like Alex Smith, Pennington, etc. Fitz just isn't good enough.

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Folks kicks an easy FG, or Marshall catches a catchable ball, and we won today.

Jets Pass D isn't a pile of exploitable sh*t, we also win today.

Fully expect the Geno obsessed same old same old folks to blame Fitz, it's all they know.  We'll hear it after every loss, regardless of the facts.

But this loss is on the backs of alot of folks before it gets to Fitz.

Exactly what I was thinking.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Facts.  

"Excuses" is blaming Fitz for a loss that wasn't on him, thus excusing the actual culprits, Folks, Revis/Skrine & Co., and Marshall.

If Marshall catches the ball, we're probably having a different conversation right now. That said, Fitz isn't good enough. We can argue about the degrees by which he's not, but what we just saw is the exact reason no one else wanted him.

Just now, T0mShane said:

If Marshall catches the ball, we're probably having a different conversation right now. That said, Fitz isn't good enough. We can argue about the degrees by which he's not, but what we just saw is the exact reason no one else wanted him.

Fitz wasn't good enough today, no.  We needed and should have gotten more.  The Red Zone failures to push it in are tough to stomach.

Archived