Blame the missed FG and Xtra Point all you want

deucebag

Fitzpatrick lost this game, I have been saying it for over a year now - he STINKS.  No more accurate than Geno but much weaker arm.  What an awful game - well on our way to a 5-11 season.

Other issues.  Revis is done, he should not be covering anyone bump and run - he he is truly our ONLY CB.  This defense is so obscenely over-rated - how did they not address the CB issue this offseason - blows my mind.  McCelndon was fun to watch - not half the run stopper Snacks was.  Forte simply cannot play that many downs any more.  We have ZERO speed at WR - not that it matters because we have a joke at QB.

This game made me ill.

Just now, deucebag said:

Fitzpatrick lost this game, I have been saying it for over a year now - he STINKS.  No more accurate than Geno but much weaker arm.  What an awful game - well on our way to a 5-11 season.

Other issues.  Revis is done, he should not be covering anyone bump and run - he he is truly our ONLY CB.  This defense is so obscenely over-rated - how did they not address the CB issue this offseason - blows my mind.  McCelndon was fun to watch - not half the run stopper Snacks was.  Forte simply cannot play that many downs any more.  We have ZERO speed at WR - not that it matters because we have a joke at QB.

This game made me ill.

Blame Revis and Fitzpatrick all you want, but I'd venture to say the 4 points he left on the field were pretty much responsible for losing a 1 point game. AJ Green is a freak, and when he's healthy, he can make his case for best in the league.  If the Jets put up 26+ points a game with our defense they're going to be fine.

1 minute ago, deucebag said:

This game made me ill.

What a crock of predictable sh*t.

The fraud that os the Jets Passing D, from vastly-overpaid-Revis, Skrine and on down, is what lost this game.  Maybe all that bullsh*t "historic defense" talk can now rightfully stfu.  
Our D-line is legit, our D-backfield is trash and was, predictably, exposed all day long today. 

Folk, much as I love him, cost us FOUR points in a one point loss.  He makes two easy kicks, we win.  The block is more on the line, but the missed PAT is inexcusable.

Marshall's perennial dropsies, something all the Fitz-haters love to overlook, cost us 25 yards and the game today.  He holds on, we won this game, I guarantee it

Fitz's last second INT sucked, absolutely.  But it nor Fitz cost us this game.  The game was already lost by Folks, Marshall and the pathetic Pass D by that point. 

5 minutes ago, deucebag said:

This game made me ill.

Well, the D gave up more than 22 points and that's automatic loss for Fitz. 

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Eh, I dunno. End of the day the Bowles era themes seem to be centered on choking away games when it really matters the most in the grandest most stupid fashions that exist. The vaunted Jets defense for a second era in a row can't stop sh*t when it matters the most. 

Our "vaunted" kicker, our "Folk hero", hits two simple kicks and we win the game.  Sh*t, if he doesn't just line drive that first FG try and it isn't blocked.  Folk is the GOAT this game. 

5 minutes ago, deucebag said:

This game made me ill.

LOL, what a moron

Blame the offensive coordinator. I said all along you are not going to go far in the playoffs or make the playoffs with a 4 receiver set 90% of the game. Parcells must be going crazy looking at this game. No TE to catch the ball in the end zone. No smash mouth football down by the 5 yard line. This will cost you and it did in this game.

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Blame Revis and Fitzpatrick all you want, but I'd venture to say the 4 points he left on the field were pretty much responsible for losing a 1 point game. AJ Green is a freak, and when he's healthy, he can make his case for best in the league.  If the Jets put up 26+ points a game with our defense they're going to be fine.

The defense wouldn't have given up 10 points if they could get a stop on 3rd and 19. Three times the Bengals had 3rd and 10 or longer and converted each time. THAT is what lost the game. If you don't get off the field on 3rd down as a defense you will lose. Simple as that. We have a secondary that did not communicate or tackle well, except for Revis who is still a warrior. He isn't elite anymore but he is still better than the jokers we have back there with him.

29 minutes ago, deucebag said:

This game made me ill.

No one's arguing that Fitz's arm strength is better than Geno's...it's not.  But at least Fitz knows WHO to throw it to and how to manage he pocket.  What good is arm strength if the guy with the arm strength can't figure out where to throw it or how to step up in the pocket or slide in it?

42 minutes ago, deucebag said:

This game made me ill.

It looks like both veteran QB's worked a lot on "something" this off season; their passes seemed to have undergone some changes and not necessarily for improvement. Geno was throwing these weird downward darts all thru pre-season and Fitz looks like he's trying his darndedest to make a strong throw. it leaves his hand with velocity but it's otherwise not a good throw, and I believe, making it harder for the receivers to catch. Which cost us today. If this is the contribution of the WR coach over this off season, I'm not a fan and I even fear for Hackenberg 

17 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

The defense wouldn't have given up 10 points if they could get a stop on 3rd and 19. Three times the Bengals had 3rd and 10 or longer and converted each time. THAT is what lost the game. If you don't get off the field on 3rd down as a defense you will lose. Simple as that. We have a secondary that did not communicate or tackle well, except for Revis who is still a warrior. He isn't elite anymore but he is still better than the jokers we have back there with him.

I'll agree with that as well. That being said, the final result of allll those plays was 23 for the Bengals.  The Jets, if Nick Folk does what he's paid to do at the level he's made us accustomed to watching, put up 26.

I'm not gonna jump the gun on Revis.  AJ Green is a very special talent and, again, If he stays healthy he'll be in the discussion for best WR in the league.  Darrelle is no longer the guy who can completely shut these type of guys down without ANY help.  That much I'll give you.   However, I still think he's going to have a very good year.  AJ also has a great deal of speed, something Revis has ALWAYS had trouble with, even in his prime. 

46 minutes ago, deucebag said:

This game made me ill.

Agree with you 100%.  

Archived