So when does Geno start?

drdetroit

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

It'd be nice if he'd start vs Buffalo, but doesn't make sense on the short week.  If Fitz doesn't become a different player that what he has been the past 11 years, hopefully Geno will be our QB for week 3.  The extended week should help with the transition.

If Brandon and Decker want to sit out of practice... F-'em.

What's Rex's record against Fitzpatrick? 8-1?

Just friggin start Geno already or even Petty if he's healthy 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, drdetroit said:

I think you're right

Revis and Folk will get blamed the entire week but Fitz not being able to throw is the real culprit 

We have the best skill position players in the NFL collectively yet our qb can't complete a pass that's more than 7 yards 

Possibly but that dies not mean Geno is any better. In fact everything we've seen to date on Geno says that he is not.

These type threads are just attention seeking because you already know the Head Coaches opinion of Geno.

Anyway,  Folk was bad, Revis was so-so and Marshall dropped a huge pass (yet again) that could have changed the outcome.....and yes, Fitz was what he is... an average QB who had a mediocre game which gives the Jets a better chance at winning than Geno in his HC's opinion.   We can have 10,000 of these same silly threads but it's pretty clear that the HC has no use for Geno.

if we are to believe the media reports, when fitz broke his thumb last season the players came to bowles and said "anyone but geno"

I rarely see him speaking or interacting with anyone on the sidelines.  ever

he may be cut when petty is healthy, he may be here all year, but bowles will not bench a healthy fitz for geno in my opinion

Just now, Larz said:

if we are to believe the media reports, when fitz broke his thumb last season the players came to bowles and said "anyone but geno"

I rarely see him speaking or interacting with anyone on the sidelines.  ever

he may be cut when petty is healthy, he may be here all year, but bowles will not bench a healthy fitz for geno in my opinion

Who cares Fitzpatrick sucks is it a personal pissing match or NFL football too bad for the prima donna players 

3 hours ago, drdetroit said:

It is so obvious what the problem is yet people want to ban me

To me, the obvious problem is Geno's leadership qualities, and if the team will seriously get behind him. Im not anti-Geno, but I was concerned before the season with how/if the team would trust him to lead them.

It APPEARS that this is an issue with the CS too, or he wouldve been named the starter for this year.

2 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

To me, the obvious problem is Geno's leadership qualities, and if the team will seriously get behind him. Im not anti-Geno, but I was concerned before the season with how/if the team would trust him to lead them.

It APPEARS that this is an issue with the CS too, or he wouldve been named the starter for this year.

It's the reality the Fitz haters refuse to face.

The entire organization is and was behind Fitz.  No one is behind Geno, not Macc, not Bowles and not the players.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick will be part to the nightmare 

And the difference between you and I is I won't take joy from that if it happens.

You and your ilk are getting far too much told-you-so happiness out of today.

We lost you know, you're not supposed to be happy about it so you can claim you were "right" about Fitzpatrick, and no amount of your whining is going to get Geno on and Fitz off the field.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And the difference between you and I is I won't take joy from that if it happens.

You and your ilk are getting far too much told-you-so happiness out of today.

We lost you know, you're not supposed to be happy about it so you can claim you were "right" about Fitzpatrick, and no amount of your whining is going to get Geno on and Fitz off the field.

Sadly son I support the Jets but watching Fitzpatrick do what he's done for 12 years in the NFL with 6 other teams is getting hard if it werent for beer food and friends I might stop watching entirely because he sucks and the fact that any fan supports him is pathetic 

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sadly son I support the Jets but watching Fitzpatrick do what he's done for 12 years in the NFL with 6 other teams is getting hard if it werent for beer food and friends I might stop watching entirely because he sucks and the fact that any fan supports him is pathetic 

You said you'd support whomever was QB. Does that make you pathetic?

Fitz didn't play great for sure, but he far from choked. Again, you guys forget what the last 'n' years with one QB or another. Until we hit it big with a franchise QB, Fitz is just okay, but better than what we have had in the past.

My guess, once the Jets are pretty much out of the playoff run (I mean really out of it, not doomed now after 1 game/loss), Petty will start. So, assuming Fitz isn't hurt, I would guess Geno never starts for the Jets again.

14 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You said you'd support whomever was QB. Does that make you pathetic?

Yes and I still do and if you understood how to read you will see I still support the Jets its just getting harder and harder nowhere did I say I would stop 

Pathetic is making up lies 

38 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Try reading your own post and you will see that Carl actually does understand how to read.  You have stated many times how you support whoever is the Jets QB, but in the statement above you said that any fan that supports Fitz is pathetic.  That is why Carl made the conclusion that you are pathetic.

5 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Try reading your own post and you will see that Carl actually does understand how to read.  You have stated many times how you support whoever is the Jets QB, but in the statement above you said that any fan that supports Fitz is pathetic.  That is why Carl made the conclusion that you are pathetic.

Fitz is pathetic yet he's still the QB I support him as long as he supports himself today he didnt do that I'm a fan I watch I criticize I cheer its my right if you dont like it too damn bad dont question my loyalty to the this team I'm not here to be judged by anyone. The Jets put us all through hell I will tell you like it is even though you dont like it. 

End of the day we lost 

Just now, Joejet said:

It appears that your reading comprehension skills are lacking.  I didn't question your loyalty, all I did is point out a statement that you made and why Carl came to the conclusion that he did.  

Stop the hate and discuss football there are other sites for insecure people on the internet 

I have a feeling Fitz is going to miss time this year. Always happens after these endless  negotiations before signing.  A big relief, all is well, then the injury.  It will be interesting to see what they do if they are 2-2 when that happens.  Probably Geno, but they know what Geno is.

10 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

That is speculation. Geno did not play. Fitz choked again

I am no Fitz fan boy but I have less faith in Geno, no way he is able to get the ball out as fast as Fitz and read the D pre snap like Fitz. Fitz's arm is sh*t we know that. I would rather go with Petty. Look I am a Jets fan and if Geno comes in and looks better I will be ecstatic.

Archived