R-E-L-A-X

NYs Stepchild

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I didn't get that feeling, I can say the media HEAVILY sided with him..and it put them in a  tough position but most fans I know (knowledge ones) were fine letting him walk for $12mm...

The Jets are a PR first, football second organization so it's no surprise they gave in to media pressure.

It all stems back to being the little brother to the Giants.

I am convinced that if the Jets moved to a town, like St. Louis, where they were the only football team, they would be a lot better off.

This is the only town in football with two teams. And it shows.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm a big Fitz supporter, in the context of "he's the best of the bad options we have before us". 

That being said, I find it absolutely inexcusable to pay a 10-year veteran $12mil, after what was essentially a holdout, then have him put the ball in the air 35 times, and only amass 180-something yards passing. Sorry, I watched Wentz, Garrapolo (a guy I lobbied hard for us to draft), Dak (another guy I wanted us to draft), even Shaun Hill, and Osweiller (a guy I suggested trading for a few years ago, before he even took a snap in 2015), all do more to help their teams. 

The part of me that just wants to put Petty out there under the premise that his skill set can get us 300+ yards and multiple scores weekly, but he's going to throw 20 interceptions. I'd almost rather have that. I don't believe Geno gives us that, Geno gives you turnovers PLUS will struggle to score. I think Petty can hit big plays, but will make mistakes. I think he has the balls to stand in the pocket and deliver. I think he'd be better than Garapplol was for the Pats last night, and Semian for the Broncos. I'd put him on Bortles year 1 comparison. 

With a defense like ours, if we hold a team under 24, we should be winning. It's pathetic, when you look at our lineup, that we have to scratch and claw our way into the endzone. 

If we go 0-4, or 1-5, or some crap like that... then I'm ready to glimpse into the future.

I wouldn't mind having a good rookie playing either but at this point fritz's contract means nothing. Everyone is already on the team. 

38 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I was actually really impressed with Dalton.

7 sacks, and he stood there and took it.  When he wasn't being sacked, he completed, what, 12 in a row at one point. 

He has been really good the last year of his career, but I can't get past the fact he plays like a dog once he's sees black and yellow

15 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Just because some fans don't believe in moral victories , especially at home , doesn't necessarily mean they are panicking , there is an in between somewhere there, called being realistic . 

Exactly.

At the end of the day, this was a loss at home against a depleted opponent. They had many, many opportunities to win this one and seized none of them. Good, division-title contenders simply don't do that. It's a loss that will hurt them for sure when the regular season ends.

As I see it, we lost to what was the first or second best team in the afc last year, before dalton got hurt.

We should have one at home, but a blocked fg, missed extra point, bad play calling and execution did us in. And if Marshall catches that ball at the end, a lot of people here would be saying we're Super Bowl bound.

We lost to one of the better teams. It came down to the last possession as most people thought it would. We had it and we didn't get it done.

I'm not happy. Moral victories are for losers, but I'm rational enough not to panic based off of yesterday. Now if we go 0-3...i'll be ready to start Petty and give up playoff hopes.

39 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Just because some fans don't believe in moral victories , especially at home , doesn't necessarily mean they are panicking , there is an in between somewhere there, called being realistic . 

I like to think of myself as realistic, and while optimists may think what I am about to say is too pessimistic, I don't think so.  As bad as the loss to Cincy was, even worse was that a Garrapalo led Pats  team won against the Cards in Phoenix.  That my fellow Jet fans says something to me about this season that suggests it will be a long and not good season, and yes I have the Jets' game in AZ already down as a loss.  So call me too negative.  I think I am being realistic.

A win in Buffalo is a virtual necessity now.

Archived