odds fitz has a lackluster game vs bills team?

kmnj

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The odds are worse than we'd like, Fitz has trouble with Rex defenses (as do many QB's better than Fitz).

But a poor showing, and a loss it would bring, will put a nasty shadow on this year, and may spell the beginning of the (early) end and a QB change being inevitable.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The odds are worse than we'd like, Fitz has trouble with Rex defenses (as do many QB's better than Fitz).

But a poor showing, and a loss it would bring, will put a nasty shadow on this year, and may spell the beginning of the (early) end and a QB change being inevitable.

With the extra few days between games the change may not be Geno

I think he was satisfactory yesterday and can be satisfactory to good on Thursday night. It's really up to him to deal with Rex's blitzing packages and he should be able to handle it esp running the ball himself when there is a big rush. That's a major part of his game. Our two games last season were close games even though he's been ripped apart for losing both times. It's time for that to change. We lost to a better team than they lost to yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I think he was satisfactory yesterday and can be satisfactory to good on Thursday night. It's really up to him to deal with Rex's blitzing packages and he should be able to handle it esp running the ball himself when there is a big rush. That's a major part of his game. Our two games last season were close games even though he's been ripped apart for losing both times. It's time for that to change. We lost to a better team than they lost to yesterday. 

I just don't see how 19/35 2/1 for 189 is satisfactory. The OL played very well, much better than expected and the Run Game produced 154 yards. Fitz was pedestrian at best. 

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

if they lose and fitz is at least part of the problem, that will be 0-3 vs buffalo and everyone will be writing how wise mccags was not to lock him up long-term.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

if they lose and fitz is at least part of the problem, that will be 0-3 vs buffalo and everyone will be writing how wise mccags was not to lock him up long-term.

He was wise not to lock him up long-term.

I wonder exactly what the asking price was to move up in the draft for Wentz. Or, for that matter, at what point we decided not to make a play for Osweiller.

Damn I hope Petty or Hack can be the guy. It would be so nice to have a QB that can hide some of the shortcomings... or the 1-2 mistakes we make in a game. Instead, every weak area, ever mistake is exponentially amplified ... because we look to all other areas to over-compensate for an average (at best) QB.

I hope Fitz gets on track... this is going to be a sh*t season if not.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

He was wise not to lock him up long-term.

I wonder exactly what the asking price was to move up in the draft for Wentz. Or, for that matter, at what point we decided not to make a play for Osweiller.

Damn I hope Petty or Hack can be the guy. It would be so nice to have a QB that can hide some of the shortcomings... or the 1-2 mistakes we make in a game. Instead, every weak area, ever mistake is exponentially amplified ... because we look to all other areas to over-compensate for an average (at best) QB.

I hope Fitz gets on track... this is going to be a sh*t season if not.

that's right.  all the other mistakes look worse b/c the qb can't overcome them.  if the jets converted on only 1 of those red zone failures they win despite folk.

mccags knows this, he's drafted 2 guys with big arms, and he's committed to developing them.  the problem on our end is they went 10-6 last season and we're kinda in denial they can do it again playing better teams.  

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

that's right.  all the other mistakes look worse b/c the qb can't overcome them.  if the jets converted on only 1 of those red zone failures they win despite folk.

mccags knows this, he's drafted 2 guys with big arms, and he's committed to developing them.  the problem on our end is they went 10-6 last season and we're kinda in denial they can do it again playing better teams.  

Well, in every way except the outcome, we beat them yesterday. Despite all this. We outplayed the crap out of them... so, I'm not in denial. I think we're built to be in every game we play. However, we are built to be afraid to win.

8 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

I just don't see how 19/35 2/1 for 189 is satisfactory. The OL played very well, much better than expected and the Run Game produced 154 yards. Fitz was pedestrian at best. 

Pedestrian is a stretch, he was below average.  When the OLine controls Atkins & Dunlap like they did and generates that much

yardage on the ground the QB is set up for a big day in the air

Fitz has a good enough arm to throw a red zone Td. It's really the play and how it develops in those situations. Not arm strength. He's actually usually good in the red zone because of his legs. But we don't know about next year and who the Qb is going to be. The big arm in the red zone is not really a factor. It's your ability to run a play. And imo he has an adequate arm and can throw medium to long. Bombs are overrated because they make up a very small percentage of successful plays. Too many imo fans are overly attracted to big arms. I'll take a guy like Russell Wilson over some of these muscle heads who can throw hard but not smartly run an offense. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Well, in every way except the outcome, we beat them yesterday. Despite all this. We outplayed the crap out of them... so, I'm not in denial. I think we're built to be in every game we play. However, we are built to be afraid to win.

the problem with the team is that they are less able to overcome mistakes b/c they do not generate as many big plays on offense as other teams.  the bengals can chuck it downfield, they are not afraid.  the jets can't, or won't, or are not ready to send robbie anderson down the field with single coverage and hope fitz can hit him.

7 minutes ago, KRL said:

Pedestrian is a stretch, he was below average.  When the OLine controls Atkins & Dunlap like they did and generates that much

Pedestrian is better than below average, it's middle of the road. While pedestrian is truly a perfect description for him, Fitz actually is below average. He was 23rd best last year out of 32. Below average. 

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oooooooooo!!!!!! Grow a pair Bowles. 

6 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Pedestrian is better than below average, it's middle of the road. While pedestrian is truly a perfect description for him, Fitz actually is below average. He was 23rd best last year out of 32. Below average. 

But ya gotta love Fitz. His persona makes up for his lack of skills. The players love him. He's their leader win or lose. If Dilfer can win with the Ravens, Fitz can win with the Jets. 

Fitz has been bad vs Rex Ryan D his entire career, I don't expect this to change. Fitz will have around 50% completion with at least one turnover. It will be a tight game that will tough to watch. I think jets will win though. We may end up needing a score on defense or specials. 

3 minutes ago, Powpow said:

But ya gotta love Fitz. His persona makes up for his lack of skills. The players love him. He's their leader win or lose. If Dilfer can win with the Ravens, Fitz can win with the Jets. 

I don't love him at 12mil for 2016.

There are some posters on this board who are going to rip Fitz no matter what. They just hate him for whatever reason. If you followed the game on this site you know we have fans that go play for play. If a guy makes a bad play they want to cut him on the spot. So kind of hard to deal with those mentalities. And the 12 mil is low wages for a starting Qb. The Jets got a good deal and only one year. Why don't we wait and see how this season unfolds. It wasn't a terrible first game. We are very competitive and can play and hopefully beat the better teams. We sacked the Bengals 7 times! Nobody thinks we are an easy opponenty believe me. 

32 minutes ago, KRL said:

I'll start by saying I'm in 100% agreement with you on Fitz.

But did the Oline really "control" anything? Or was the game plan to get the ball out of Fitz's hand as quickly as possible so they wouldn't have to? I also recall an inordinate number of deflected passes. Again.

Edit: from a pass blocking standpoint is what I mean. And while overall the running game looked good, we seemed to struggle in short yardage situations.

Trying to put a positive spin on what was a crap way to start the season, it's unlikely things aren't at least somewhat better come Friday.

Potential outcomes:

1. We win and we're back on track for the playoffs.  Finally beat Buffalo.  Fitz was absolutely worth 12mil.
  2. We lose.  But we're finally moving on to a younger QB with potential.  There's hope again, but even if the season is over in week two, at least the team is trying to make progress.  The Fitz-project is over.
  3. The only bad outcome is a loss with either a mediocre or bad performance from Fitz and he still stays as the starter.

So cheer up all.  Glass half full approach.  Come Friday, odds are things will be better.

31 minutes ago, Powpow said:

I honestly cannot tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

58 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I honestly cannot tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Now hear this. Only when I'm talking to you am I being sarcastic. Take care pal. Seriously though you may be to young to remember Billy Kilmer. Very similar to Fitz. Journeyman, noodle arm but had that something special that team mates and coaches loved. Fitz is the modern day Billy Kilmer.

probably no sammy w this week so jets d should be able to clamp down on the bills this week

odds Fitz does not have a good game and earn that raise he got 100000000000000000%

Fitz and the jets are going to be our for blood in this game. We are going to set single game records and we are still going to have people whine about how our team sucks.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Just now, ylekram said:

well, I didn't predict the entire teams wheels would fall off with the playoffs on the line, that's for sure

Haha, fair enough.  Was hoping you knew we'd lose last time we played Rex.  Would've made your latest prediction that much more believable.

Archived