BREAKING - Jets Color Rush Uniforms To Feature "Distracting" White Facemasks

SAR I

WhiteyWhote_zpsyiqz5qw9.jpg

Jets are expected to wear all-white uniforms to address last year's NFL Color Rush issues with color blindness.  The Jets will wear their white jerseys along with white pants, socks without green stripes, white shoes, and white gloves.

Concerning that the Jets are switching from green to white facemasks which can cause player distraction as they are used to a dark color.

More updates as they become available.

SAR I

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

WhiteyWhote_zpsyiqz5qw9.jpg

Jets are expected to wear all-white uniforms to address last year's NFL Color Rush issues with color blindness.  The Jets will wear their white jerseys along with white pants, socks without green stripes, white shoes, and white gloves.

Concerning that the Jets are switching from green to white facemasks which can cause player distraction as they are used to a dark color.

More updates as they become available.

SAR I

So . . ..  the Team Equipment Manager put too much Bleach in the laundry and we're STUCK with this?

What are we? The NY Albinos? Not a HINT of Green?!?!!?

LAME and another BAD Marketing PLOY. <_<

12 minutes ago, Pac said:

It will look something like this.

CD3.gif

I feel in EVERY Jets game I've witnessed through out my ENTIRE life, there is always a moment, or play, that occurs and results in almost that SAME EXACT effect on me of INTENSE EMOTION.

Whether it be EUPHORIC HAPPINESS (Midnight Miracle @ Meadowlands), PRIDE ('09 Playoff Run), ANGER ('93 Blanchard choking v. Bills, 2008 Finale), or simple Dumbfounded-ness (Butt fumble). but I definitely "GET" the sensation of that image. :lol:

Still not a fan of this Bleached look. The Green accents - socks, pant seams, etc. those are the sweet touches of our uni's. 

2 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

WTF all that trouble just to get rid of sock stripes and facemask color?  Just go with the standard Super Bowl 3 uniform and call it a day.  At first I thought OP was doing satire.

EP-151119651.jpg

Because of last year's Jets Bills Color Rush game which led to the Color Blind Lives Matter movement, the Jets can't wear their all-green's against the Bills anymore, those affected couldn't tell the two teams apart.

Theory goes that when the Jets play the Dolphins at home later in the year it's another Color Rush game and we'll whip out the green's again.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Theory goes that when the Jets play the Dolphins at home later in the year it's another Color Rush game and we'll whip out the green's again.

SAR I

Where are you gettin' deez Sauces of your information? Are you a Woody Mole?!?:unsure:

6 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

So there is already an embedded excuse for a lose. Not the worst excuse in Jets land.

Yes, the strange white facemasks will be a visual distraction to all players who are used to dark facemasks, especially under the bright lights where all these guys will see is a white cage.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I think the helmet with the white facemask looks awesome.

While they may look nice they are a visual distraction for the players and will make a game already difficult to win near impossible.

1983 Jets and the Mud Bowl
2007 Yankees and the Midges
2016 Jets and the Colorblind Lives Matter movement

SAR I

Archived