BREAKING - Jets Color Rush Uniforms To Feature "Distracting" White Facemasks

SAR I

Official statement from the Jets via the Twitter:

While the Jets are scheduled to have their first official whiteout when they host the Seattle Seahawks in Week 4, the team will don all-white uniforms Thursday night when they collide with the Bills in Western New York.

There has been plenty of confusion surrounding the Jets’ uniforms because the NFL’s Color Rush initiative will commence in Week 2. The host Bills will don the same all-red look they sported at MetLife Stadium last year in Week 10, but the NFL instructed the Jets to shelve the kelly green uniforms they wore in that matchup. Unfortunately a small portion of viewers who are color-blind couldn’t tell the Jets and the Bills apart in that game. And after the league consulted with independent medical experts this offseason, they determined a repeat production would once again cause problems. So the Bills, being the home club this time around, will stick with the red and the Jets, playing their first road game of 2016, will be covered in white from head to toe.

“Unfortunately it was not our choice. The decision was made for us,” said Chris Pierce, the team’s senior director of fan commerce. “In the spirit of participating in the program, we have tried to do some things to honor the initiative —  the white facemask, the white gloves, the white shoes and the white socks with no stripes. Some coaches will also wear white hats to participate in the program, but some coaches will be in different colors so they can stand out on the sideline for strategic reasons.”
There has been a lot of misinformation on social media about the Jets having kelly green accents on their jerseys this week.

“The white jerseys did not have any changes to it, the white pants did not have any changes to it,” Pierce said. “This is our normal white jersey and white pants, so the numbers and the letters are our dark hunter green. They are not the Color Rush green.”

Since this is the NFL’s Thursday night initiative and the Jets won’t play any additional Thursday games in 2016, the team will not wear kelly green uniforms at all this season. The organization attempted to honor the initiative with more white and they could be back in kelly green for a Color Rush game in the 2017 campaign.

“Our intention is to wear them barring any matchup issues and the league telling us otherwise. We won’t know if we are home or away until the NFL schedule is released next April,” Pierce said. “Assuming we are the home team, we will be in our green Color Rush uniform. If we are the away team, there could be a chance where we would have to wear white on white again. But the league would like every matchup on Thursday night to certainly be their Color Rush uniforms.”

[EDIT:  White socks with no stripes, YES!]

SAR I

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The issue is the fit of the helmet, the interior skull pads and their micro-adjustments make a more custom fit each time they are worn.  Its not about the money, it's about the safety.  That's what I read at least, not sure if it's BS or not.

EDIT:  Article here:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/17/nfl-safety-committees-told-teams-not-to-wear-throwback-helmets/

SAR I

it's not really about safety, if it was about safety they wouldn't play every Thursday.  it's about protecting their behinds w/ regards to lawsuits.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Outstanding historical perspective, only 2 of 50 Super Bowl Champions wore white facemasks or 4%.  I don't like those odds.  We are going to get killed on Thursday.

SAR I

Well as you stated confidently yesterday we are going 7-9 anyway so we are never troubling the super bowl stats with regard to  which colour grill is neede to win it all.....so perfect time for it

temp20160913-MK1_9033--nfl_mezz_1280_102

BREAKING:

Distraction issue confirmed in this photo where clearly the receiver doesn't know where the ball is as his eyes are trapped in a white cage.  Humiliation of Color Rush bordello pants adds to his frustration.

Will report more as details emerge.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

temp20160913-MK1_9033--nfl_mezz_1280_102

BREAKING:

Distraction issue confirmed in this photo where clearly the receiver doesn't know where the ball is as his eyes are trapped in a white cage.  Humiliation of Color Rush bordello pants adds to his frustration.

SAR I

He's looking up at the fire Idzik plane banner.

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

WhiteyWhote_zpsyiqz5qw9.jpg

Jets are expected to wear all-white uniforms to address last year's NFL Color Rush issues with color blindness.  The Jets will wear their white jerseys along with white pants, socks without green stripes, white shoes, and white gloves.

Concerning that the Jets are switching from green to white facemasks which can cause player distraction as they are used to a dark color.

More updates as they become available.

SAR I

Do white face masks matter??;)

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I think we're going to look fast as sh*t in all white. White just flashing everywhere. David Harris & Revis will look much faster in all White, plus it should be pretty easy for Fitz to find open guys. 

Everyone knows everything is faster in red. 

Jet Red? Makes sense. MAKE IT HAPPEN, MAcCY!!!

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

temp20160913-MK1_9018--nfl_mezz_1280_102

BREAKING:

New York Jets wide receiver Eric Decker leaked the new Color Rush pants in practice today.  The slutty bordello stocking look was received in a lukewarm fashion according to reports.

SAR I

Wouldn't mind seeing those slutty leggings on Alex Giaimo.

23 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

So . . ..  the Team Equipment Manager put too much Bleach in the laundry and we're STUCK with this?

What are we? The NY Albinos? Not a HINT of Green?!?!!?

LAME and another BAD Marketing PLOY. <_<

We still have green on helmet logo, numbers, name, stripes of pants. 

-fab56e50098bdcd3.JPG

BREAKING:

To make the Color Rush white uniforms look more interesting in the face of social media facemask backlash, the NFL is issuing rings and bracelets further distracting the Jets skill players.

SAR I

On 12 September, 2016 at 10:05 PM, SAR I said:

Concerning that the Jets are switching from green to white facemasks which can cause player distraction as they are used to a dark color.

As someone who grew up playing hockey with both black and white cages, I can tell you the difference or distraction is negligable.  Once the thing has been on for a few seconds you don't see the bars anymore.  Football the bars are a bit thicker, but for hockey they go right across your eyes - I don't think this will be a problem at all.

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Right, but football players are constantly taking their helmets on and off all game.

SAR I

In hockey we are constantly taking our opponents helmets off all game, giving out free nose jobs, and dental work. :)

I still don't think it matters that much at all. Watch now that I've said this the Jets will get killed and everyone will blame the white face masks. lol.

3 minutes ago, jetsfan_toronto_canada said:

In hockey we are constantly taking our opponents helmets off all game, giving out free nose jobs, and dental work. :)

I still don't think it matters that much at all. Watch now that I've said this the Jets will get killed and everyone will blame the white face masks. lol.

My son is a varsity ice hockey goaltender, he actually spent 2 weeks in a goaltending camp in Mississauga this summer.  He says the same thing you do, the color of the mask doesn't matter.

But he's only been a Jets fan for 10 years.  And I know better.  The white masks will be our undoing.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

My son is a varsity ice hockey goaltender, he actually spent 2 weeks in a goaltending camp in Mississauga this summer.  He says the same thing you do, the color of the mask doesn't matter.

But he's only been a Jets fan for 10 years.  And I know better.  The white masks will be our undoing.

SAR I

Ha!  30 years for me, I should know better as well.  Your son will be mad at you for using the term "ice hockey", hockey is played on ice, you only need to specify the playing surface when it is not ice, like "field hockey" or "road hockey", if you just say "hockey" it's assumed you are talking about ice. lol.  Good on him for doing the summer camp, that makes a huge difference, i always found the kids who did hockey camp in the off season came back so much stronger and better in the following year.  I hope they taught him my goalie's signature move - when in trouble and things are getting hectic, back right into the post and knock that net off. Works everytime!

51 minutes ago, jetsfan_toronto_canada said:

Ha!  30 years for me, I should know better as well.  Your son will be mad at you for using the term "ice hockey", hockey is played on ice, you only need to specify the playing surface when it is not ice, like "field hockey" or "road hockey", if you just say "hockey" it's assumed you are talking about ice. lol.  Good on him for doing the summer camp, that makes a huge difference, i always found the kids who did hockey camp in the off season came back so much stronger and better in the following year.  I hope they taught him my goalie's signature move - when in trouble and things are getting hectic, back right into the post and knock that net off. Works everytime!

Definitely, he loves hockey on ice.  He he he.

Much as I hated him growing up, Billy Smith will be his role model here, going old school, going to be an intimidator.

SAR I

Archived