BREAKING - Jets Color Rush Uniforms To Feature "Distracting" White Facemasks

SAR I

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Hey SAR, I was flipping around and came across that Univ of Miami documentary.  they dominated college football while wearing white facemasks so I think that proves the jets not only can win the SB but WILL win it if they decide to go white full time:D

They dominated in their day games, never won a night game, the white facemask is a killer under the lights.

SAR I

2 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

How do color blind people see the players at all if they're wearing red uniforms against a green field?

They really need to change the color of the field. That is so totally insensitive of the NFL towards those poor folks suffering with this disability.

I'm thinking class action. 

4.7% of the US population have men and women affected by color blindness.

7.0% of the US population have a drinking problem and are alcoholic.

19.0% of the US population have men and women who are handicapped.

35.7% of the US population are men and women clinically obese.

38.0% of the US population has a potential gambling problem.

If the NFL is going to these lengths to worry about the color blind, why the hell are they allowing beer commercials which affects 2x as many viewers who are struggling with a life/death addiction?  Why no handicapped ramps to 1 out of every 5 seats in NFL stadiums?  Why all the burger joint and pizza joint commercials to tempt obese fans?  Why all the FanDuel ads encouraging light gamblers to get serious in their homes?

It's pretty stupid when every organization feels obligated to take care of every fraction of society for fear of public backlash.  If I were the NFL, I'd leave all the fun Color Rush uniforms as originally intended and put up a stream on NFL.com where the broadcast is digitally corrected to allow the colorblind to discern the two teams.  Making 95.3% of NFL fans live without Color Rush isn't fair to us.  Good Eyes Lives Matter too.

SAR I

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

Fun Fact: Jets in white pants have won 5 in a row.

Bonus Fun Fact: Jets wearing green jersey and white pants were undefeated in 2015. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

We have a bunch of fashionista women on this site.

There's a reason.  See above.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

I need some advice...

On October 2nd versus the Seahawks should I wear my white, Joe Willie, pit stained jersey or my green, beer stained Joe Klecko jersey?

That's our annual "White Out" game so you wear your green jersey. Makes it too hard for Fitzpatrick to pick up our white-jerseyed WR's against stands full of fans in white. 

SAR I

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

4.7% of the US population have men and women affected by color blindness.

7.0% of the US population have a drinking problem and are alcoholic.

19.0% of the US population have men and women who are handicapped.

35.7% of the US population are men and women clinically obese.

38.0% of the US population has a potential gambling problem.

If the NFL is going to these lengths to worry about the color blind, why the hell are they allowing beer commercials which affects 2x as many viewers who are struggling with a life/death addiction?  Why no handicapped ramps to 1 out of every 5 seats in NFL stadiums?  Why all the burger joint and pizza joint commercials to tempt obese fans?  Why all the FanDuel ads encouraging light gamblers to get serious in their homes?

It's pretty stupid when every organization feels obligated to take care of every fraction of society for fear of public backlash.  If I were the NFL, I'd leave all the fun Color Rush uniforms as originally intended and put up a stream on NFL.com where the broadcast is digitally corrected to allow the colorblind to discern the two teams.  Making 95.3% of NFL fans live without Color Rush isn't fair to us.  Good Eyes Lives Matter too.

SAR I

You're mean..I like that..If they're not going to change the traffic lights they shouldn't worry about this.

My dad was color blind. He took the test 8 times before he guessed all of them right. He knows which order the lights are in of the stop light.

He could figure out which team was which by the stripes...or just which team was making plays, and which was throwing interceptions. 

7 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

Four day season ruined by the bright glare of the white face mask.

Being a Jets fan sucks.

midge.jpg

It's unbelievable how these oddball moments in New York sports just kill us.

Mud Bowl, then Midges, now Colorblind political correctness.

SAR I

Wouldn't it be great if the Jets were getting crushed in the first half, then went into the locker room at halftime, changed their face masks to green, and then came out and rolled to a huge victory. That would be awesome,

Of course, I'm sure no one on the staff had the foresight to bring along alternate colored face masks. Idiots.

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

FUN FACT: The NY Jets have not lost a game wearing white facemasks since 1989.

As stated, the adjustment to the foreign facemask is a problem and I was 100% correct.  Revis lost his WR and allowed an 84 yard TD, they lost Salas for another 71 yard TD, B Marshall dropped an easy completion, no Jet could spot the ball J Marshall fumbled, Decker got a 15 yard penalty because he couldn't see the Bills player he threw the ball at, it's unprecedented how badly our lack of visibility hurt us.

Once we got used to them we did okay, but these things are a nightmare and we were lucky, damn lucky, to have survived them.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

As stated, the adjustment to the foreign facemask is a problem and I was 100% correct.  Revis lost his WR and allowed an 84 yard TD, they lost Salas for another 71 yard TD, B Marshall dropped an easy completion, no Jet could spot the ball J Marshall fumbled, Decker got a 15 yard penalty because he couldn't see the Bills player he threw the ball at, it's unprecedented how badly our lack of visibility hurt us.

Once we got used to them we did okay, but these things are a nightmare and we were lucky, damn lucky, to have survived them.

SAR I

Keep telling yourself that, bozo.

Archived