Good thing we drafted a guy 20th overall to cover tight ends...

Beerfish

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, jetfan39 said:

just so I don't totally ignore all your posts, could you find at least one thing you like about this team?  I know it's tough for negative nellies but please try.

You don't read my posts, at all it seems which is fine because I have plenty good to say about the team, the GM, the guys the gm got and the coach.

Jenkins, Burris, Peake, Anderson, Marshall, Edwards were all terrific acquisitions.   We just blew it with our top two picks imo,

Hey it is one game and one play right?  There were two points to this 'pointless' thread.  #1 everyone and their dog were throwing other players under the bus for that play when we find out it was Lee.  #2 the absolute huge justification for taking a small speed ILB who does not appear to be an every down guy was that he could cover TE's and RB's.

One play, even a huge one in that game?  No big deal.  If it becomes a trend that is a real problem for a guy we invested heavily in.

35 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Glad to see everyone at least acknowledge he got killed on his 1st really big important play in the league by a no name TE that helped turn the tide in the game.  He's just a rookie.....shrug.

Dude.... you are better than this.  Please just stop already. 

36 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Glad to see everyone at least acknowledge he got killed on his 1st really big important play in the league by a no name TE that helped turn the tide in the game.  He's just a rookie.....shrug.

I think you missed the general feeling over your thread.

By a mile

30 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Hahaha... So Lee is the reason we lost the game... I see the logic... Under that same logic I blame Forte for getting stuffed at the goalline.. on that one play... That turned the tide since we didn't score...

No seems you don't see any logic...or can't read perhaps.  Do you deny that was not a really big play in the game?  Yes or no will be fine.

3 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Dude.... you are better than this.  Please just stop already. 

What did I say in the post that was incorrect?  If you read most of the posts before it, none of them disputed the play, people just said, rookie....1st game.... etc

Just now, Beerfish said:

What did I say in the post that was incorrect?  If you read most of the posts before it, none of them disputed the play, people just said, rookie....1st game.... etc

I am just saying.  I know you didn't like the pick but to start a thread about one play in the guys first game; when he played pretty well all things considered is well, kinda weak, thats all. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Well that was an awful pick no doubt about it but he's not going to be playing at all for two years or more so out of sight out of mind.

Another post where you don't have a clue if it will be an awful pick or not but just figured you hadn't thrown it out there today. 

24 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We didn't draft Marshall 20th overall 'to cover TE's and RBS'

I don't remember where it was said that he was going to cover TEs. He was drafted to bring some speed to a slow defense, which he showed on Sunday.

I am of the opinion that no LBers can cover TEs anymore. They are simply too big and fast. 

So stop bringing bias into this discussion. Our rookie has already played more games than Goff or Lynch.

I come from Montclair State University and our best ever football player was an undersized LBer named Sam Mills. If Lee has the heart, he can do great things.

Beerfish, you should be ashamed in yourself. Judging people's talent by their stature and physical look. You know who else that happened to? Tom Brady and John Randle. Two HOFs told that they were either too small or not strong enough to play at their positions. I even look at footage of past LBers like Jack Lambert. The dude is gangly looking. But he has instincts.

If players we draft don't come right out & make plays all over the field in their 1st games they get called busts,lol. Theres a learning curve to playing in the NFL. Everything happens so fast out there until you get some experience to read what's going on your gonna play slow & get beat sometimes. Hopefully our young players gaffes don't cost us games. Yesterday was 99% on players who should know better, Revis, Fitz, Marshall, Folk.

57 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Could you imagine if we did?? :o

No, I can't imagine what it would be like if the Jets blew a top draft pick on a defensive lineman. And even more so if they had traded up to get him and he did nothing in his rookie season. We have no idea how Jets fans would react to this because that has never happened. Ever.

39 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No I got it believe me. 

Not if you think anyone agrees with you. 

If you think anyone is even the slightest bit worried because of one play. 

Theres plenty of time before we find out how worthy he was of that 20th pick

At the time I was bothered more that he was of no use on Hill's TD run. Granted he was late to get there (not finding fault with him for that since I don't know where he started from or where he was supposed to be), but I believe he was the last one to touch or wrap up Hill before scoring, and it didn't look like he had the strength to keep him from crossing the plane. I'd have to go re-check it, as I still have it DVR'd. If anyone has the clip that would make it easier.

Still, it's just his first game. I think he'll be a solid enough player. Just questionable value at #20 in the country.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

And there you have it, as I suspected on that play Marcus Williams or others were taking the heat for a blown coverage by our tiny linebacker.  Can people once again assure me of how this guy will prevent TE's and RBs from killing us?

QUESTION: Looked like you may have had your first 'Welcome to the NFL' moment on Sunday when Bengals tight end C.J. Uzomah got past you for the long gain. Can you take me through that play?

Lee: It was man-to-man coverage. It was more on myself than him getting me. I took a bad angle, but I settle in after that for sure. It is what it is. It was a rookie mistake. I saw him, then I froze up a little bit. I guess that was like my rookie moment, you know what I mean? They say you can freeze up. It didn't happen again, thank God. That's all it was though. Nothing else.

sure.  Because no 1st round rookie EVER makes ANY mistakes in that rookie season, let alone game 1.  :rolleyes:

And there you have it, as I suspected on that play Marcus Williams or others were taking the heat for a blown coverage by our tiny linebacker.  Can people once again assure me of how this guy will prevent TE's and RBs from killing us?

QUESTION: Looked like you may have had your first 'Welcome to the NFL' moment on Sunday when Bengals tight end C.J. Uzomah got past you for the long gain. Can you take me through that play?

Lee: It was man-to-man coverage. It was more on myself than him getting me. I took a bad angle, but I settle in after that for sure. It is what it is. It was a rookie mistake. I saw him, then I froze up a little bit. I guess that was like my rookie moment, you know what I mean? They say you can freeze up. It didn't happen again, thank God. That's all it was though. Nothing else.

I guess you missed the part where he mentions he "settled in after that".

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

I am just saying.  I know you didn't like the pick but to start a thread about one play in the guys first game; when he played pretty well all things considered is well, kinda weak, thats all. 

"kinda weak"?  It was downright absurd. The implications of the post is that Lee will never be able to do what he was drafted to do.  Based on this one play in his 1st game in the NFL.  Really has to be one of the silliest threads in a very long time.

31 minutes ago, Dcat said:

"kinda weak"?  It was downright absurd. The implications of the post is that Lee will never be able to do what he was drafted to do.  Based on this one play in his 1st game in the NFL.  Really has to be one of the silliest threads in a very long time.

I guess I was going the dipomatic route lol.

No seems you don't see any logic...or can't read perhaps.  Do you deny that was not a really big play in the game?  Yes or no will be fine.

Not any bigger then the blown coverage on the AJ Green TD Pass... or The Blocked FG... or settling for 3 when we have first down from the 4 yard line... They are all big plays... It was a failure at all levels...  Everyone Failed... We lost... Move on... You can blame a blown coverage by a rookie on his first day... or numerous other plays.. but it doesn't make Lee a bust... again if he is a bust for that one play... that nearly everyone is bust in the NFL.  You are being ridiculous and I was calling you out on it.

Archived