### Jets \ Bills --- The Official Game Thread ###

Larz

LET'S GO !!!

It's time to go to buffalo and shut Rex up !  This team got knocked down but they are going to get up and KICK SOME ASS.

In honor or Rex, he has always seemed to be the great...

weather should not be a factor, great night for football;  Mostly clear, with a low around 50. Northeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming southeast after midnight.

A link to Glenns' preview

btw, the title format worked for the OT win vs the cheatahs last December so if you are really superstitious, I got you !

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is almost a must win game for the Jets now.   You really can't afford to go 0-2 with out schedule.  

I would like to see the offensive play calling tomorrow.  The Bengals didn't blitz nearly as much as they threatened, and they played a ton of zone coverage with safeties playing up, daring the Jets to throw at times.  This was evidenced by that drive where they ran exclusively and moved right down the field, but as soon as passing was back on the block, it stalled.   I think the Jets try to throw deep early in the game, to move the safeties out.  I expect atleast one deep pass to Enunwa from the slot in the first two series.   

This game is Huge!  The Jets are a very balanced team and should win. Folk makes the kicks, Marshall Catches the passes, Revis gets help and covers the WR and we're there. Let's see what a dominant D line can do to an offense.

GO Jets!

We need our veterans to step up & earn their big pay checks tonight. Starting with Fitz, then Marshall & Decker on offense. On defense, that secondary that cost us a small fortune & a large percentage of our salary cap (Revis, Skrine, Gilchrist).

Funny that the one guy that many Jet fans were claiming was over the hill (Forte) had a fantastic game & came 2 yards from changing the outcome of the score.

Youngsters that stood out in the 1st game & we be interesting to see them continue on a successful path were Leo, Enunwa, Winters, the RTs, Lee flashed his speed, J.marshall on a return & drawing a penalty. 

Its a shame that the NFL schedulers handed us what is no doubt one of the toughest schedules I've ever seen ANY TEAM have to start a season. It's a difficult task for Bowles trying to incorporate young players that make mistakes into game plans against playoff tested teams with good veteran QBs (Dalton, A.Smith, Wilson, Palmer, Rothlisberger), all playoff teams.

But, on the other hand, if the Jets somehow find a way to come out of this gauntlet at 3-3, we could be in for a really exciting season as these youngsters develop and guys like Jordan Jenkins get on the field. The young LBs are only going to get better with experience. Macc knows where our weaknesses are starting with the QB position & CB is definitely at the top of the list. That one is tough to swallow considering how much time was wasted on guys like Milliner & McDougle, (1st & 3rd rounders, ouch).

Looking forward to tonight, hate the fact that the start of the season every freaking game feels like a playoff game because of our schedule, which makes losing that much tougher to swallow & the importance of each game is ratcheted up like I've never experienced before. There are no gimmes for us in this first 6 weeks. Come on boys, get a W in Buffalo & enjoy 10 days to solve the Chiefs & turn this season on its head.

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's a Jets game, you aren't supposed to enjoy it.

Lol. This is so true. My wife was laughing watching me on Sunday & she's like, "why would anyone want to be put through so much anguish,lol". She was like "every game this team plays is like climbing onto a roller coaster and it lasts 3 hours".

Honestly, for a person that barely watches football & has no clue what's going on, that is the best description I've ever heard to describe watching NY Jets football. Maybe that's why I love it so much & hate it so much all at the same time.

If we win this game, it will be because our defense (including the secondary) plays to their fullest potential, our special teams doesn't make any game changing errors (this includes missing kicks, taking balls out of the endzone when they shouldn't, and turning the ball over), and our offense capitalizes dominates time of possession and capitalizes on a higher rate of scoring opportunities, while avoiding cold streaks where they go 3-and-out in successive possessions.

All 3 phases.

If we lose, it will be because Fitz starts and stays cold, tries to force everything to Marshall, the defense lets no-name receivers make big gains, and cannot get off the field on 3rd down, and special teams ****s something up.

All 3 phases.

I hope the Jets make this easy on their fans.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

If we win this game, it will be because our defense (including the secondary) plays to their fullest potential, our special teams doesn't make any game changing errors (this includes missing kicks, taking balls out of the endzone when they shouldn't, and turning the ball over), and our offense capitalizes dominates time of possession and capitalizes on a higher rate of scoring opportunities, while avoiding cold streaks where they go 3-and-out in successive possessions.

All 3 phases.

If we lose, it will be because Fitz starts and stays cold, tries to force everything to Marshall, the defense lets no-name receivers make big gains, and cannot get off the field on 3rd down, and special teams ****s something up.

All 3 phases.

I think Buffalo tripling our penalty yards should help.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

All 3 phases.

All 3 phases.

Me too but it's never going to happen.  This game has 16-13 written all over it, one way or the other.

5 hours ago, JiF said:

They should dominate.   Screw the stupid Thurs Night road team sh*t.  Screw Fitz vs. Ryan.  The Jets are the far superior team and if they're any where near as good as they think they are, they shut the Bills down tonight and win walking away. 

I am thinking the same the thing.

If the Jets don't win tonight then I will start being concerned. 

Jets 23

Bills 10

Archived