### Jets \ Bills --- The Official Game Thread ###

Larz

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is a must-win game for @Larz.  Lose and I think we need a new direction in captaincy. 

There will be no mutiny talk about the HMS LARZ 2 games into our voyage.  

From Foo Fighters to Iron Maiden, from Fitz to Leo, from Little Bill to Fat Rex, we are set for quite a trip through 2016.

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

I keep alternating between thinking there's no way we lose to we can't win.  

At least we should know very early whether we can be a playoff team or not.  A loss tonight and I don't see how it's possible.

Agreed. Odds definitely won't favor it. At that point, I give Fitz 3-4 more starts, and if we're not .500 by week 7. Play the kids. A few weeks for Geno, Bryce and if neither impresses, put Hack on the field. 

What a horrid proposition for the veterans, but at the same time, most of this veteran group was here last year and pissed away the playoffs, so I have a hard time mustering up any sympathy for a group that had their fate in their own hands, and blew it... if this season ends up in the sh*tter right away.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Agreed. Odds definitely won't favor it. At that point, I give Fitz 3-4 more starts, and if we're not .500 by week 7. Play the kids. A few weeks for Geno, Bryce and if neither impresses, put Hack on the field. 

What a horrid proposition for the veterans, but at the same time, most of this veteran group was here last year and pissed away the playoffs, so I have a hard time mustering up any sympathy for a group that had their fate in their own hands, and blew it... if this season ends up in the sh*tter right away.

Yeah, especially with all their offseason chatter about how great they are, its very hard to sympathize.  sh*t, they're still talking about how great they are.

It's back up the big talk time because a loss tonight to a down right sh*tty team and they very well could be staring 0-5 in the face. 

I'm usually pretty rational and even keeled with games. I rarely could ever see week 2 being a must win game. But I think this is as close as it gets to being one. This game just has a different feel to it for me. Maybe for once I'm overreacting, I don't know.

I don't quit on the season much til its officially done. The only losses last year I was surprised at and questioned the teams heart and coaching staffs abilty were Houston and last one at Buffalo. 

We should have beat Cincy last week, but it was a tough loss to a quality opponent. I can live with that for a week. I didn't overreact and want to cut everyone, have the coaches and management fired, and give up on the season. But if we lose tonight then I'll be worried that this team just isn't good enough to make any kind of a run this year, and we'll be fighting for 6-10.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the Buffalo Bills...a win against them tonight is a huge morale boost, given last year. Just in time for a mini-bye week and a long stretch of tough games.

Win and get back on track

or Lose and start Petty, Anderson, Peake, Jalin Marshall, Darron Lee, Jenkins when healthy again, etc and lets start developing our future..

46 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah, especially with all their offseason chatter about how great they are, its very hard to sympathize.  sh*t, they're still talking about how great they are.

It's back up the big talk time because a loss tonight to a down right sh*tty team and they very well could be staring 0-5 in the face. 

Word.

Shame too, because the Cardinals and Seahawks both look more beatable than they have in past years. 

7 minutes ago, TJ said:

Agreed.  You're supposed to withstand it. ? 

Yep. I compare this to the Yankees of this year. 

In a way, I want them to lose close because the loss will take pressure off of them, which shouldn't have been on them this year and they can play more kids. But on the other hand, I don't want Bowles to lose the locker room and I hope they play hard for him.

I want the Jets to do what the Jaguars have done. Hell Dallas did it in 1989, to a major extent.

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If we lose, I think that's clear evidence that god does not want Larz to live.

you mean Odin

42 minutes ago, jetrider said:

We'd be 1-0 if Max didn't forget to do it.

The way it should work is if you lose you don't get to start another. If you win you keep going until you lose.

there didn't seem to be a lot of takers last night at midnight. 

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If they lose, they could be 0-6. But I think it will depend on how hard they play for Bowles that would determine his job status. 

While Macc is great, Bowles does have a few kinks to work out.

I think this game will also determine Rex Ryan's  job status too.

Now is the time to make the statement. Beat Rex, smashmouth Defense. Everybody needs to gets off early and often. It will set the pace for the next few games, get rid of the Rex hex and get some props that they are a team to be reckoned with. Losing tonight is NOT an option. Bills are ripe for the picking. Go Gang Green.

Archived