### Jets \ Bills --- The Official Game Thread ###

Larz

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Good win but our defense needs to tighten up big time. Last week we allowed Dalton to do anything he wanted when he wasn't on his back and this week we let Taylor throw for 300 and allowed 2 inexcusable long TD's. This is the same bills team that score 7 point and had a total of 150 yards against the ravens.

To be fair to the defense, they would have had 160 total yards tonight if not for the two long plays and the 75 gimme yards on their final drive to keep it close. 

7 minutes ago, HessStation said:

To obtain a buzz for every 2 glasses of wine, whisky or alchohol you need to drink like 8 beers. All beer does is make you fat and sleepy. 

haha... no sh-t I just grabbed a beer that someone left from the last poker game and noticed what it was:

20160916_001011_zpspbt824z8.jpg

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I switched from Geno Smith to Wayne Chrebet jersey.

What this means is I need more jerseys with current players.  

You could be the first to grab a Winters jersey. He's looked very good so far. Really a very pleasant shocking surprize. I hope he continues to surprise. My next choice would be a #50. He's going to be a star. 

Black horse would be a #9. I really think next year it will be the best selling jersey on the team.

7 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

To be fair to the defense, they would have had 160 total yards tonight if not for the two long plays and the 75 gimme yards on their final drive to keep it close. 

Yes, but they did indeed allow those two big plays and they allowed some equally huge plays last week as well. It's a big problem.

15 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

If I was the OC I would give Powell some series and not pull Forte on 3rd downs.

That said. Forte is so smooth, like Eric Dickerson in my mind that he never seems to take a solid hit.I think he has at least a few more top quality years left in him. 

Powell has hit a whole nother level in my view though, that I think he could do some great things if allowed to build some rhythm. 

Yeah Id like to see Powell carry some of the load, and not see Forte ridden into the ground.

We need both healthy.

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yes, but they did indeed allow those two big plays and they allowed some equally huge plays last week as well. It's a big problem.

Last time we played the Bengals, Dalton(A little freaky that he is not the best QB in the league. From my experience against the Jets he is amazing) hit a bunch of huge plays as did Tyrod. No one else has. I am disappointed we didn't learn from these performances but we did play well enough to overcome those plays this year. Last week we just didn't make any one of the many plays we easily should have made to win that game

We did not have this problem against anyone else except Philly last year. hopefully history repeats itself this year and 2 wins against Orchard Park put us at 12-4 and we win the division finally. 

36 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

You could be the first to grab a Winters jersey. He's looked very good so far. Really a very pleasant shocking surprize. I hope he continues to surprise. My next choice would be a #50. He's going to be a star. 

Black horse would be a #9. I really think next year it will be the best selling jersey on the team.

I am liking the idea of a #81.  5 is my lucky number; we can only hope

6 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

last year we were swept or we would have won the division. 

Thanks.... I saw the games. Lol.  My comment was about the Bill defense on the field this season. We havent moved the ball that we'll in a long time.

7 hours ago, Pac said:

Forte with the quote of the night:  "like Coach Bowles says, when stuff goes bad just come back and punch them in the mouth".

Much better than Rex's mantra at the end of his tenure, "make excuses, mid direct to the run defense, and find s scapegoat".

I'm Famous...

http://nypost.com/2016/09/15/jets-fitzpatrick-finally-find-a-way-to-beat-rex-ryan-bills/

Jets, Ryan Fitzpatrick finally find a way to beat Rex Ryan, Bills

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — The Rexorcism is complete.

The Jets beat former coach Rex Ryan’s Bills 37-31 Thursday night at New Era Field to pick up their first win of the season and send Ryan and the Bills into an 0-2 hole in the AFC East.

Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick was masterful, completing 24 of 34 passes for 374 yards and one touchdown, putting to rest the storyline that he can’t beat a Ryan-coached defense. He is now 2-8 as a starter against Ryan, who had no answers for Fitzpatrick or the Jets’ offense.

The Jets (1-1) had a 100-yard rusher, two 100-yard receivers and nearly a 400-yard passer.

“We’ve got an identity a little bit now,” said Matt Forte, who rushed for three touchdowns. “We know just how resilient we are as a team. A lot of crazy stuff happened in the game that if we were not a mentally strong team we could have gone in the tank. When stuff goes bad, coach [Todd] Bowles always says come back and punch them in the mouth. We did that as a team.”

The Jets beat Ryan, who was fired after the 2014 season by the Jets, after losing both meetings with the Bills in 2015.

Forte had 100 rushing yards on 30 carries and the three touchdowns. Wide receiver Eric Decker had six catches for 126 yards and a touchdown. Brandon Marshall overcame a first-half knee injury to go for 101 receiving yards on six catches. Quincy Enunwa was not far behind the Jets’ star receivers with six catches of his own for a career-high 92 yards. The Jets went 8-for-13 on third down.

“Our big-time players made some big-time plays,” Bowles said.

The Bills hit the Jets with a few huge plays, but never had sustained success. The Jets were clinging to a 30-24 lead late in the fourth quarter when the defense came up with the biggest stop of the night. Sheldon Richardson, back from a one-game suspension, stopped Bills running back LeSean McCoy on fourth-and-1. The Jets took the ball and marched down the field, the drive capped by Forte’s third score of the night to go up 37-24.

After the Jets dominated the first half, the Bills responded early in the second half with two big plays that put them back in the game.

Matt Forte is congratulated by Eric Decker after scoring a touchdown.Photo: AP

On their first drive of the third quarter, the Bills went deep to former Jet Greg Salas for a 71-yard touchdown pass. Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor kept the play alive and saw Salas streaking across the field behind backup safety Rontez Miles. That cut the Jets’ lead to 20-17.

The Bills then took the lead when Jets rookie wide receiver Jalin Marshall fumbled after a hit by Preston Brown. Bills cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman scooped up the ball and went 36 yards for the touchdown to put the Bills ahead 24-20.

The Jets did not wilt, though, scoring the next 17 points to topple the Bills.

“I think last week I don’t think that’s an indication of what we’re going to be as an offense this year,” Fitzpatrick said. “I think today was a little bit more what we expect. The biggest part for me and the part I get excited about is going into halftime with the lead, coming out they put 14 points on the board right away … there wasn’t hanging heads and there was confidence in the huddle. It was a great feeling.”

The Jets regained the lead, 27-24, when Forte scored his second touchdown of the game, a 3-yard score that finished off a 12-play, 84-yard drive late in the third quarter. Nick Folk tacked on a field goal early in the fourth quarter to extend the lead to 30-24. The Jets dominated the first half. The Bills hit one long pass, but that was about it. The Bills defense continually failed to get the Jets off the field.

In the first quarter, the Jets held the ball for 13 minutes and 35 seconds. The Jets opened the game with a 15-play, 65-yard drive that chewed up 8:19 off the clock. The star of the drive was Enunwa, who had two third-down catches, including a 34-yarder. They stalled in the red zone, setting for a Folk field goal.

The Bills responded with a huge play. Taylor picked on Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis on third down, throwing a deep ball to Marquise Goodwin for an 84-yard touchdown. The speedster went right by Revis, whose struggles from Week 1 continued.

The pass put the Bills up 7-3, but their offense faltered after that. They finished the half with just 175 yards, 84 coming on that one play.

The Bills ‘offense went dormant after that and the Jets put up the next 17 points and went into the locker room ahead 20-10. The Jets ended a five-game losing streak against the Bills by making the big play when they needed to.

“The past couple of times we’ve played these guys there’s been a pivotal play in games and they’ve made them,” Bowles said. “This time we made them.”

Archived