what will the excuses be for fitz tomorrrow

kmnj

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

sanchez and geno do not have the arms of a bortles, eli, stafford, etc.  sanchez has below average arm strength, and geno is average at best.  they're not in the same category as guys like carr, etc. 

Rumor has it that perception of Geno's arm strength gets bigger for those who spend large amounts of time sniffing his taint.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Preaching to the choir man.  Fans who constantly want a QB to be something he's not, and calling for the sh*tty backup to come in and "get his shot", has defined this fan base for nearly 20 years. 

I guess its easier to just blame the QB than blame the front offices who never find us a franchise QB. 

It's really unfair to him. People are just setting themselves up to be disappointed. You have to know your players. Fitz will never be able to carry this team by himself. He's got a noodle arm. Luckily for us our 2 best receivers aren't guys who have to run a lot of deep routes to be effective. They can run those 5-15 yard routes with the best of them and Fitz can deliver those passes.

15 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

sanchez and geno do not have the arms of a bortles, eli, stafford, etc.  sanchez has below average arm strength, and geno is average at best.  they're not in the same category as guys like carr, etc. 

This league is just littered with guys with big arms that are fails as much as the other way around.  Hey we would all love to get that guy that can throw it through the wall and make good decisions, those are few and far between.  If we jump on the Petty train now we are doing the same thing as we did with Sanchez and geno.

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

My guess is it'll be the same excuse as much of last year.

"Hey, we won, so Fitz is good."  

And most (including Bowles) will ignore that it took having a great game from the surrounding team and a bad opponent to get the W.

A win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win ............

images.jpg

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Have you been living under a rock for the last four days? If we lose tonight, the pitchforks and torches will be out for literally everyone employed by the team.

I'm picking up what you're puttin' down with this, but would that really be THAT unreasonable of a reaction to 3 straight losses to Rex?

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm picking up what you're puttin' down with this, but would that really be THAT unreasonable of a reaction to 3 straight losses to Rex?

Not one bit of an overreaction.  If Bowles can't beat Rex in his 3rd attempt, it means he has a limited ability to learn from past mistakes, and thus is a strong candidate to be just another in a long list of failed coaches here. 

30 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

My guess is it'll be the same excuse as much of last year.

"Hey, we won, so Fitz is good."  

And most (including Bowles) will ignore that it took having a great game from the surrounding team and a bad opponent to get the W.

Sounds like you would rather lose then see Fitz win a game.

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

It was  a short week

They had to travel all the way to buffalo

Its not fair he had to play against Rex again

It was night time so the  lights bothered him

there was wind

his wrs cant fly

the ball is made of leather

it was his line

his oc did not let him play his type of game

he is rusty still getting back into game shape even though he is rusty because he chose to  hold out

fans were not nice to him

lots of pressure going back to buffalo

Still in his period...

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not one bit of an overreaction.  If Bowles can't beat Rex in his 3rd attempt, it means he has a limited ability to learn from past mistakes, and thus is a strong candidate to be just another in a long list of failed coaches here. 

So fire the man after less than 2 years? I get that he might be bad, but you can't keep going through the well

47 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Not the arm of Stafford but both has the arm of Eli and Bortles.  Geno's arm is as good as any, there isn't a throw he can make because of arm strength. 

Way overrated, arm strength can't make up for bad play.  Nagle had the best arm I've ever seen.  Sucked

16 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Sounds like you would rather lose then see Fitz win a game.

Nope.  Don't think my view fits your argument of Fitz-haters.  

This team can and has won in spite of Fitz vs average-to-poor teams.  Same should happen tonight.

Fitz is "good" enough to get the job done vs average teams if the rest of the team plays very well.  Nothing has changed from last season.  No conspiracy against Fitz at all, it is what it is.

Really hope Fitz lives up to his nickname and magically turns into a better QB though. Seems doubtful after 11 years or so, but it'd be awesome.

If fitz doesn't turn the ball over tonight I wouldn't blame him if the jets lost. His main issue is his recklessness, and a QB with his limitations can't play against decent defenses and expect to win like that. Just show up, take care of the ball, and let the team play because the jets have the better team and should definitely be able to win this game

39 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This league is just littered with guys with big arms that are fails as much as the other way around.  Hey we would all love to get that guy that can throw it through the wall and make good decisions, those are few and far between.  If we jump on the Petty train now we are doing the same thing as we did with Sanchez and geno.

I would like to see Petty move up to the 2 slot so that he gets more work during the week.  But yeah there is a concern with throwing him in there when the season is still in play, which it will be even if the Jets lose tonight and for a couple of months thereafter.

Having said that and to clarify Petty is already not "the same thing" as was done with Sanchez and Smith since he didn't start his first and for that matter second year.

And having said that I don't think Sanchez and Smith sucked because they were brought on too quickly.  I can see how bringing a guy in too quickly can ruin their self confidence.  But the problems with Sanchez and Smith were that both were poor at reading pass defenses, and made too many bad game time decisions.  I suppose in Smith's case the fact that he presses in games that count is something some might feel has something to do with his starting "too early".  but I don't think so.

5 minutes ago, cant wait said:

If fitz doesn't turn the ball over tonight I wouldn't blame him if the jets lost. His main issue is his recklessness, and a QB with his limitations can't play against decent defenses and expect to win like that. Just show up, take care of the ball, and let the team play because the jets have the better team and should definitely be able to win this game

Yeah, not that I don't have a concern about Fitz and how well the O is doing, and maybe the run D is more significant against the Bills than the Pass D was going up against Dalton and Green and the rest.  But as of now my main concern is the secondary, especially the cb rotation.  Hopefully they show us some real improvement, or this is going to be a long season.

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I'm all for expressing how much you love or hate any player, but this is basically hoping that our team loses so that you can carry out your agenda.

I'm not about the Jets losing any game, regardless of anything else. 

Simply put, this is bad juju on gameday. Can we get this thread deleted?

Have to agrees.  Not so much with deletion but its a loser,  negative though right before game 2

6 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Yeah, not that I don't have a concern about Fitz and how well the O is doing, and maybe the run D is more significant against the Bills than the Pass D was going up against Dalton and Green and the rest.  But as of now my main concern is the secondary, especially the cb rotation.  Hopefully they show us some real improvement, or this is going to be a long season.

That long pass play to green wasn't too concerning looking back on it, the coverage was good but green just made a spectacular play... not much else could have been done there. IMO what was much more concerning was how they were getting killed by the screens and quick hitters late in the game. Credit to the bengals for smartly adapting to the jets smothering pass rush, but that was definitely a learning experience for this defense

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

it's not so much a referendum on fitz.  while we hope for the best we expect mediocrity.  the frustration, IMO, is that so many other teams have thrown qbs in and they've done at least decent if not well.  about a third of the nfl teams have young qbs who haven't sat behind vets and they're developing while playing.  i'd like to see petty in there.  his inexperience may well be offset by a stronger arm and the ability to stretch the field.  the fan base is tired of having qbs with inherent limitations.  we want upside, and we want it now.  the last qb with a plus arm was farve, and before that it was vinny.  at least mccags is trying to find qbs with plus arms.

Somebody actually gets it.... 

19 minutes ago, cant wait said:

And score touchdowns in the red zone.

28 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Or you know...Fitz could just play well! lol. 

Such a strange, strange place this has been the last 6 mos.  People create 50 page long threads bashing a player, carry on about how much he sucks and how stupid he is with every other post, then cry like bitches when those who disagree are vocal.

15 minutes ago, Pac said:

Such a strange, strange place this has been the last 6 mos.  People create 50 page long threads bashing a player, carry on about how much he sucks and how stupid he is with every other post, then cry like bitches when those who disagree are vocal.

Calling those people haters.  Lol, the shlt that has been said about him and if you disagree you get labeled a hater?  Logic at work. 

I'm all for expressing how much you love or hate any player, but this is basically hoping that our team loses so that you can carry out your agenda.

I'm not about the Jets losing any game, regardless of anything else. 

Simply put, this is bad juju on gameday. Can we get this thread deleted?

This. I have no delusions about Fitz, I think we're gonna lose ugly tonight. But this thread is bad karma and clearly rooting for Fitz to fail, which reeks of dickheadedness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Fitz doesn't turn the ball over I'd expect us to win a very close low scoring game. Fitz does not move the ball well against Rex. This is going to be a 3&out fest. Our Defense creating a turnover would sway it our way. If Fitz starts throwing picks we will lose by 10+

22 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

This. I have no delusions about Fitz, I think we're gonna lose ugly tonight. But this thread is bad karma and clearly rooting for Fitz to fail, which reeks of dickheadedness.

I don't get that feeling from the OP.  He didn't say the Jets would lose.  He asked what the excuse would be for Fitz not playing well.  

Two very different things.  

This team has been and is good enough to beat average teams while Fitz plays poorly.

21 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Or you saw the now famous "This forum is unreadable". 

Man, this past summer was epic!  :D

boy, you still mad about being called out.  Well post a hundred times a day and make the place unreadable like you were doing early in the summer and you will get called out again.

I don't care what side you are on, a forum that has one or two people posting non stop is unreadable. 

Posters hoping for bad play or an injury to there QB is crappy. 

7 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

boy, you still mad about being called out.  Well post a hundred times a day and make the place unreadable like you were doing early in the summer and you will get called out again.

I don't care what side you are on, a forum that has one or two people posting non stop is unreadable. 

Relax Joe. You werent the only one around here that made such a statement. Im just kicking rocks indiscriminately here, notice the smiley face. I'll be kicking them all season, especially if FItz continues looking like his vintage self. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

yeah but there's an ignore feature.  I've used it with much success with my old friend 80.  I'm hoping a time will come soon when I can unblock him and not want to break something when reading his posts.

8 minutes ago, Pac said:

yeah but there's an ignore feature.  I've used it with much success with my old friend 80.  I'm hoping a time will come soon when I can unblock him and not want to break something when reading his posts.

That proves the point. When you have to ignore several posters who are draping threads with the same trash over and over just to make the board readable then the board has become unreadable. It's like watching Old Yeller and turning off the end so it's a happy movie. 

Archived