Fitz haters can

Joe Jets fan

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He threw the ball well tonight, however we are lucky the jets were able to recover his fumbles because those would have been killers. once Hughes got knocked out of that game that depleted buffalo D couldn't keep up and the jets were able to play bully ball. Also OL played their asses off, impressive performance considering carpenter exited fairly early... darron lee made a couple really nice plays with the TFL and the assist on the 4th & 1 stuff. For buffalo it was vintage rex, give up bonehead penalties and a late defensive collapse, that team is finished. I have to say it's much nicer being on the giving end of a rex ryan collapse. That team looks like 2011-12 era jets right now

3 hours ago, Pac said:

You're a great guy...

You know this isn't true.  The so-called "haters" are only especially critical because of how unfairly another QB on the roster has been treated.

you can't be serious .... that so called "other" QB got 2 full years to do something and he did not and it was painfully obvious to about 95 % of people who follow football. Sanchez had to deal with the same bullsh*t the malcontents the drunks the scrubs off of the cut heap of the NFL and he got 4 years because Rex was a moron. Well now we have a different regime and they are far from that Idiot Rex and so 2 years and a punch in the face was probably enough for them.

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Check the schedule. He's not gonna make it until then. He's going 1-7 and then getting canned. That is a really terrible team. Totally unprepared and undisciplined. They look like the 2014 Jets.

and this is exactly what Ryan Brings to the table ...only a matter of time before they just pack it in

6 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

It was Fitz's best game since coming here not just because of the raw numbers but the leadership, bringing the team back from disaster. It looked like it was going to be an old style SOJ L. He was extremely accurate and proved he can make the throws and isn't the rag arm the haters have been screaming about for months. Actually he was very good last season, too. Not every game is going to be a 300 yard game for a Qb, a lot of factors figure into that. 

You get to say it after all the grief you took this off season. 

Guess what?

"You were right!!!!" :) 

7 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Look, I started this topic a little jacked up.

i respect most posters and don't want to call anyone out.   All I a saying is wow, fitz played great. Been a long time since I have watched a QB play that well Ina big game.   Fitz was so clutch!

Some have been trashing Fitz since the day the Jets traded for him. I think you're fine to enjoy a performance like this.

6 hours ago, Pac said:

You're a great guy...

You know this isn't true.  The so-called "haters" are only especially critical because of how unfairly another QB on the roster has been treated.

It's only a select few, at least one "fan" openly wished injury in Fitz while others took the time to tell us what excuses he'd be making today.

As insane as it sounds, there are some fans who are more concerned with being right than anything else.

I'm glad most of us enjoyed the win though.

7 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Look, I started this topic a little jacked up.

i respect most posters and don't want to call anyone out.   All I a saying is wow, fitz played great. Been a long time since I have watched a QB play that well Ina big game.   Fitz was so clutch!

This was the key. 

I have watched Fitz for a long time. I lived in Buffalo and have watched 90% of their games for years and IMO this was the best and most complete game I can ever recall I've ever seen from Fitz. 

Rememeber this was a nationally televised game of the week game, against Rex Ryan, a coach that supposedly had owned him. And he performed,performed, performed. 

Just amazing stuff and I for one am very very happy for him personally and for the Jets as a team. 

nothing horrible about fitzpatricks week 1 game. not a good game but definitely not horrible

34% completion rate for passes that crossed the line of scrimmage. That's pretty horrible. But he bounced back and had a phenomenal game last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He threw the ball well tonight, however we are lucky the jets were able to recover his fumbles because those would have been killers. once Hughes got knocked out of that game that depleted buffalo D couldn't keep up and the jets were able to play bully ball. Also OL played their asses off, impressive performance considering carpenter exited fairly early... darron lee made a couple really nice plays with the TFL and the assist on the 4th & 1 stuff. For buffalo it was vintage rex, give up bonehead penalties and a late defensive collapse, that team is finished. I have to say it's much nicer being on the giving end of a rex ryan collapse. That team looks like 2011-12 era jets right now

Love how the Genobots try to subtlety slip in lies.

"Fumbles"? Plural?

He had one.

Fitzpatrick dominated. I hope Geno learned something watching from the sideline last night, but I doubt it.

10 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

Love how the Genobots try to subtlety slip in lies.

"Fumbles"? Plural?

He had one.

Fitzpatrick dominated. I hope Geno learned something watching from the sideline last night, but I doubt it.

He is learning mad clipboard skills.  He may have a future as a dispatcher for McDonalds

Fitz is a nice qb and best option that the Jets had going into this season. History has proven that he cannot take a team to the promised land, and that is ok as a "bridge". The Jets realize it (trying to short him to a 1 year deal), and we should realize it. 

The notion that he should get "credit" for drops should also create a notion that he does create some "jump balls" where he is bailed out by a terrific WR's. He does get the ball there, but the plays that these WR's make, is quite impressive.

This may be the most athletic and physical trio of WR's I have ever witnessed in Jet history. 

Fitz is a nice qb and best option that the Jets had going into this season. History has proven that he cannot take a team to the promised land, and that is ok as a "bridge". The Jets realize it (trying to short him to a 1 year deal), and we should realize it. 

The notion that he should get "credit" for drops should also create a notion that he does create some "jump balls" where he is bailed out by a terrific WR's. He does get the ball there, but the plays that these WR's make, is quite impressive.

This may be the most athletic and physical trio of WR's I have ever witnessed in Jet history. 

Fair assessment.

7 hours ago, Pac said:

You're a great guy...

Geno had two full years which in today's NFL is several lifetimes worth of chances.  The only thing he proved was an astonishingly consistent record of being terrible.

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Biggest play was the Williams INT, was 3rd and 1, first down gives the Bills the tying FG or more, Rex pulled a Rex, throws the ball deep, takes 3 off the board, and handed us the game.

Lovin' them Ryan boys, we'll get to put them out of our misery Week 17.

SAR I

I'm thinking 5-1 in the division is not unrealistic (split with Pats).  Miami sucks, Bills at home.  That would go a long way toward putting us in contention.

23 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Geno had two full years which in today's NFL is several lifetimes worth of chances.  The only thing he proved was an astonishingly consistent record of being terrible.

we've covered this.  that's a bunch of horse sh-t no matter how many times you say it.

Fitzpatrick was brilliant. That was one of the best games I’ve seen a Jets QB play in a long time. He was money all night, whipping the ball downfield against a defense everyone said he couldn’t do it against. He shut everyone up last night and showed why he is a quality player. Of course he’s limited, but with the right weapons he can be successful. I can’t say enough how good he was last night.

He made Rex’s defense look like a complete an utter joke.

Well as one of the biggest Fitz detractors all I can say is he looked like a completely different QB last night, throwing numerous excellent accurate balls and was great on the medium to medium long pass. His first drive was shaky, but after that he really came on. 

It also seemed that the Jets finally sort of "opened the playbook" finally, and really starting using all the weapons. If JMarshall and Enunwa can continue to make plays our offense is incredibly difficult to defend.

It was the most exciting offensive performance I have seen in quite a long time. We looked like an offensive powerhouse and much of that was due to some truly excellent football by Fitz.

If he can even consistently play at 80% of last nights level we will be really strong on offense and I will have nothing to critisze

Go Fitz.

Also, the pass blocking was awesome last night.

Fitz was money last night.  The best I've ever seen him. 

I said it in the game thread, i'm thinking that nasty wind week 1 was really bothering him because he looked completely different last night. He was more decisive, he wasnt double clutching and bring the ball down...he was attacking every level of the field.  And when you have 10 foot tall WR's, that exactly what you should do.  Throw throw and throw some more.  The pass game was opening up lanes for those Forte shotgun hand offs. 

It really should be this easy, every time they take the field.  The advantage the Jets have with 3 WR's who are child eating monsters is a nightmare match up.

Shame they let the Bengals game slip away. 

But this team can beat K.C.

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Well as one of the biggest Fitz detractors all I can say is he looked like a completely different QB last night, throwing numerous excellent accurate balls and was great on the medium to medium long pass. His first drive was shaky, but after that he really came on. 

It also seemed that the Jets finally sort of "opened the playbook" finally, and really starting using all the weapons. If JMarshall and Enunwa can continue to make plays our offense is incredibly difficult to defend.

It was the most exciting offensive performance I have seen in quite a long time. We looked like an offensive powerhouse and much of that was due to some truly excellent football by Fitz.

If he can even consistently play at 80% of last nights level we will be really strong on offense and I will have nothing to critisze

Go Fitz.

Also, the pass coverage was awesome last night.

Hard to call it awesome when they got smoked for 2 60+ yard plays but Marcus Williams and Skrine played very well.  Revis is getting burned by #4's these days.  Granted world class speed but still #4.

Look there's still going to be another 14 reg season games and hopefully more. And the guy is not going to be consistently this good. A lot falls on the game plan, what happens during a game, luck, and his teammates  And, of course,on him.. Being bailed out is a lot of hooey, receivers are supposed to make good and great catches it's their job. Not every throw is going to be right on the numbers. And sometimes these are called plays to decrease the possibility of interceptions. What do you think Fitz practices all the time with Marshall and Decker. Other times great plays by the receivers. And the Qb doesn't get credit for dropped balls because it's a part of the game. No credit but if a team loses a game because a receiver dropped a ball right to him it can be noted. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Hard to call it awesome when they got smoked for 2 60+ yard plays but Marcus Williams and Skrine played very well.  Revis is getting burned by #4's these days.  Granted world class speed but still #4.

Meant pass blocking. Our secondary not so much but I think Bowles will get it addressed.

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Fitz made the right throws.  He read what the D gave him. 

History doesn't mean crap right now.  He won the game last night against a team that, yeah, has some coaching issues, but also has a lot of talent, and a far from below average secondary.  It was not all his receivers.

Archived