Fitz haters can

Joe Jets fan

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

Geno had two full years which in today's NFL is several lifetimes worth of chances.  The only thing he proved was an astonishingly consistent record of being terrible.

Smith is on the verge of irrelevancy here.  I wonder how long it will take the Smith Fans to get it, though.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look there's still going to be another 14 reg season games and hopefully more. And the guy is not going to be consistently this good. A lot falls on the game plan, what happens during a game, luck, and his teammates  And, of course,on him.. Being bailed out is a lot of hooey, receivers are supposed to make good and great catches it's their job. Not every throw is going to be right on the numbers. And sometimes these are called plays to decrease the possibility of interceptions. What do you think Fitz practices all the time with Marshall and Decker. Other times great plays by the receivers. And the Qb doesn't get credit for dropped balls because it's a part of the game. No credit but if a team loses a game because a receiver dropped a ball right to him it can be noted. 

I agree.  It's not clear Scott watched the game from his comment.

26 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Well as one of the biggest Fitz detractors all I can say is he looked like a completely different QB last night, throwing numerous excellent accurate balls and was great on the medium to medium long pass. His first drive was shaky, but after that he really came on. 

It also seemed that the Jets finally sort of "opened the playbook" finally, and really starting using all the weapons. If JMarshall and Enunwa can continue to make plays our offense is incredibly difficult to defend.

It was the most exciting offensive performance I have seen in quite a long time. We looked like an offensive powerhouse and much of that was due to some truly excellent football by Fitz.

If he can even consistently play at 80% of last nights level we will be really strong on offense and I will have nothing to critisze

Go Fitz.

Also, the pass blocking was awesome last night.

Been watching jets since I was a big fat wee child and not sure I remember an announcer calling the offense high octane before..

Just one more note for the haters and the self proclaimed cap experts (who don't know anything). The 12 mil one year deal is a good deal for the Jets. The 3 year deal the Jets offered was an unfair contract which he smartly turned down. If the Jets hadn't offered the 1-12 to him after 7 months he wouldn't have signed and would probably be on either Minn. or Dallas right now or another team and starting. And 12 mil is not starting Qb money. 16 is. Plus all of those guys are on multi-year deals with guaranteed money. Fitz gets nothing after this season. Again there is no guarantee on performance on anybody. If Fitz doesn't play well the rest of the year the Jets are protected,. They can go in a different direction. But they tried to sign him to be their insurance policy and it didn't work. Funny many of the same people who said Fitz was a moron for not signing also think the Revis signing was a smart deal. And they claim to be worried about cap space. 

2 hours ago, Pac said:

we've covered this.  that's a bunch of horse sh-t no matter how many times you say it.

The consensus around the NFL agrees with me and not with you.  Those folks are paid actual real money for their ability to evaluate NFL performances so you can stay out there on your island pretending that water does not surround you but it does not change the fact that you are in need of a boat.

And yes we have covered it.  Geno got a two year audition.  He was weighed, he was measured and the results are in.

Geno is the backup until about week 8-10.  If Fitz goes down after that then the starting QB will be Petty and not Geno Smith.  At least Petty still has the chance to be a real NFL QB.  Geno does not.

41 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Noses must be super-glued to his taint.

I really don't get it.  Sanchez had his following way past the time it was clear he was not going to be the answer.  But at least he was part of those two playoff teams.  Some who do not know the game well had trouble seeing that overall they were playoff teams despite him.  But at least there was some connection.  And Chad had an even bigger following well past the point he was a walking accident waiting to happen.  But before his fragility became obvious he had success and looked like the real deal.

Can't say any of those things about Smith.  It's hard to figure.

2 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

I really don't get it.  Sanchez had his following way past the time it was clear he was not going to be the answer.  But at least he was part of those two playoff teams.  Some who do not know the game well had trouble seeing that overall they were playoff teams despite him.  But at least there was some connection.  And Chad had an even bigger following well past the point he was a walking accident waiting to happen.  But before his fragility became obvious he had success and looked like the real deal.

After last season's January debacle I took a few months away from the Jets, took a few months off from JN, just unplugged.  Twas a self-preservation kind of thing.

When I came back during the Fitz holdout and started reading all these pro-Geno posts I thought we were being trolled hard, that it was just really good white-facemasking.  When I found out it was real, that there were actually people who viewed Geno Smith as a potential franchise quarterback it made me laugh so hard I completely let go of all the disappointment of last January.  So I can thank them for that.

SAR I

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000703533/article/brandon-marshall-sticks-up-for-fitzpatrick-in-win-over-bills

Brandon Marshall sticks up for Fitzpatrick after win

After a week of hearing about how their quarterback cannot beat Rex Ryan or perform well in big games, the Jets are ready to serve humble pie to all the Ryan Fitzpatrick haters out there.

"You know, this guy, he's legit. You know, let's go back to last year. I hate to live in the past, but so many people were down on Fitz," Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall told reporters after the Jets' win over the Bills on Thursday. "They said it was his fault. But you all know -- you guys have been in the locker room, you guys have been in the huddle -- sometimes, it may be the receiver's fault. I'm not going to live in the past, I don't want to throw anyone under the bus, but it wasn't all him. If we win that game (regular-season finale), if one of those interceptions is a touchdown, now he's crowned king and maybe you don't even hold out the whole offseason. He (would have) had the contract Day 1 in free agency.

"I still run the table for Fitz, I believe in Fitz, and he proved himself tonight."

Fitzpatrick completed 24 of 34 passes for 374 yards and a touchdown Thursday night. And while the team was truly buoyed by a throwback performance from their offensive line and a 30-carry, 100-yard night from Matt Forte with three touchdowns, Fitzpatrick did exorcise some demons that have been following him around for quite some time.

As we first noted back in March, Fitzpatrick has had a terrible time dealing with Rex Ryan defenses dating all the way back to his time as a starter in Buffalo. That truly manifested itself in last year's season finale when Fitzpatrick chucked three interceptions and posted a 42.7 quarterback rating in a loss to Buffalo that knocked the Jets out of the playoffs.

While this might seem like a moment for the Jets quarterback, it is really just an example of how Fitzpatrick has played throughout his career. There are good games and there are bad games. There were well-founded reasons for the Jets to be hesitant about signing him to a long-term contract and there still are. So in that respect, nothing has changed but a notch in the win column -- and maybe a little less for Bills coach Rex Ryan to worry about in the future.

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

After last season's January debacle I took a few months away from the Jets, took a few months off from JN, just unplugged.  Twas a self-preservation kind of thing.

When I came back during the Fitz holdout and started reading all these pro-Geno posts I thought we were being trolled hard, that it was just really good white-facemasking.  When I found out it was real, that there were actually people who viewed Geno Smith as a potential franchise quarterback it made me laugh so hard I completely let go of all the disappointment of last January.  So I can thank them for that.

SAR I

No doubt about it the Smith Fans can be amusing.  But understandable?

No.

5 hours ago, jfmckenna said:

Love how the Genobots try to subtlety slip in lies.

"Fumbles"? Plural?

He had one.

Fitzpatrick dominated. I hope Geno learned something watching from the sideline last night, but I doubt it.

Lies? Get a life McKenna. One was an awful fumble, one was an awkward shovel pass that got knocked loose. fitzpatrick had a good game, not a perfect game

1 hour ago, Big Blocker said:

It long since ceased to be about Smith.  It is 100% about not being seen to be wrong on an Internet message board.

13 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

It was Fitz's best game since coming here not just because of the raw numbers but the leadership, bringing the team back from disaster. It looked like it was going to be an old style SOJ L. He was extremely accurate and proved he can make the throws and isn't the rag arm the haters have been screaming about for months. Actually he was very good last season, too. Not every game is going to be a 300 yard game for a Qb, a lot of factors figure into that. 

Fitz had a great game yesterday without question.  Now onto the bolded, sure his arm looked great in Buffalo in Sept w/o any discernable wind. Doesn't mean or prove he still doesn't have a rag arm. When the calender flips to winter and the cold winds pickup , we'll see how much of a rag arm he posesses.

6 minutes ago, EM31 said:

It long since ceased to be about Smith.  It is 100% about not being seen to be wrong on an Internet message board.

Bingo, this is exactly what it is about. It all started as anti-Fitzpatrick, all the way, and then they hitched onto Geno because they saw it as a way to get rid of Fitz. I wonder when that Villan character was carrying on about Glennon for 2 months if he was thinking of how bringing Glennon in would be so unfair to Geno because then we won't know what he's got? Nope, it was never about Geno, it was all about anti-Fitzpatrick. At least for some, there may be some people who wear helmets in the back of the short bus who actually believe in Geno, but cannot be too many of them.

2 minutes ago, IdziksGhost said:

Bingo, this is exactly what it is about. It all started as anti-Fitzpatrick, all the way, and then they hitched onto Geno because they saw it as a way to get rid of Fitz. I wonder when that Villan character was carrying on about Glennon for 2 months if he was thinking of how bringing Glennon in would be so unfair to Geno because then we won't know what he's got? Nope, it was never about Geno, it was all about anti-Fitzpatrick. At least for some, there may be some people who wear helmets in the back of the short bus who actually believe in Geno, but cannot be too many of them.

Ok, you are banned. You started the thread last night calling everyone out. You PMed me and seem well versed with everyone here. You created a new email account for this username, so just go back posting under your normal account.

There is no reason to attack other posters. This post is just garbage and is not welcome here.

10 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Fitz had a great game yesterday without question.  Now onto the bolded, sure his arm looked great in Buffalo in Sept w/o any discernable wind. Doesn't mean or prove he still doesn't have a rag arm. When the calender flips to winter and the cold winds pickup , we'll see how much of a rag arm he posesses.

Ok. Last year didn't you guys claim that he sucked because the weather was basically mild. Like it was his fault and proved he can't throw. 

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Ok, you are banned. You started the thread last night calling everyone out. You PMed me and seem well versed with everyone here. You created a new email account for this username, so just go back posting under your normal account.

There is no reason to attack other posters. This post is just garbage and is not welcome here.

Well I'd like to debate that last point for a moment if you will indulge

There are actually (IMHO) some very good reasons at times to attack other posters.  Calling out abject stupidity comes to mind.  However, to your point, there are often consequences and it comes down to each of us balancing our need to belittle and ridicule stupidity against the risk of a ban.  It's kind of like when the wife asks you if a certain dress looks good.  There is sometimes a right answer that isn't quite the same as the answer that carries the best odds of survival.  Those are the moments that define a man..

it's nice that this site can replicate some useful real-life decision-making.  I consider it a real benefit.

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Ok. Last year didn't you guys claim that he sucked because the weather was basically mild. Like it was his fault and proved he can't throw. 

Huh ??? He struggled in week 17 because the winds in Buffalo are what they usually are up in Buffalo week 17 - nasty.  If anything people said he benefited from the fact that most of our games last year were relatively mild and not overly windy.

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm thinking that was the best quarterbacked game from end-to-end we've seen since Brett Favre over the Cardinals in 2008.  Absolutely everything worked for Fitzpatrick with only 2 days preparation coming off a tough loss on Sunday, traveling on the road, it's amazing to think he put up that performance under such conditions.

Now we need to upset either KC or Pittsburgh and hold serve at home against Seattle, we can get to our 3-3 target.  Big win.

SAR I

So wait, we didn't go 2-0 and the season's not over?  Phew :) 

31 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Then why must you all keep bringing him up every other post??  Like I said before..  the hypocrisy about the whole situation is so ridiculous it's gone from humorous, to annoying, to just sad at this point.

You can't bring him up every other post then blame someone else for talking about him.  Why is this soooooo difficult for you guys to understand?  My.god.

Poster A:  Geno sucks hahah..  stupidest guy in the history of mankind.  Gonna get cut or traded

Poster B:  Not true.  Bowles has always called him the #2 and never deviated from that.  Plus he doesn't seem that stupid.

Poster A: THE GENO SNIFFERS WON'T STOP TALKING ABOUT GENO!!  IT'S BIZARRE!!  THEY WANT TO BLOW HIM!!

See how stupid that is?

27 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Well I'd like to debate that last point for a moment if you will indulge

There are actually (IMHO) some very good reasons at times to attack other posters.  Calling out abject stupidity comes to mind.  However, to your point, there are often consequences and it comes down to each of us balancing our need to belittle and ridicule stupidity against the risk of a ban.  It's kind of like when the wife asks you if a certain dress looks good.  There is sometimes a right answer that isn't quite the same as the answer that carries the best odds of survival.  Those are the moments that define a man..

it's nice that this site can replicate some useful real-life decision-making.  I consider it a real benefit.

I think I agree with the point you are making here but there is only ever one answer to the dress question.

Just going to say that "told you so"'s now, just like "told you so"'s last week, are silly.

Fitz had one down game, good enough to win but by no means good.  

And now he's had one good game, praise worthy and productive as we could want.

It's still only two weeks, and we still have 14 games to go.  No one is right yet and no one is wrong yet, and being right or wrong doesn;t f'ing matter anyway, winning is all that matters (or it should be).

I'd love it if we could all just root for the likable guy and hope for the best, because he is the guy.  He's not getting replaced unless he gets hurt.

So all the sturm un drang is rather pointless, it is what it is, really.  

Lets hope we have alot more of last night, and alot less of week one.  And better Defense than either week, tbqh.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Just going to say that "told you so"'s now, just like "told you so"'s last week, are silly.

It's still only two weeks, and we still have 14 games to go.  No one is right yet and no one is wrong yet, and being right or wrong doesn;t f'ing matter anyway, winning is all that matters (or it should be).

I'd love it if we could all just root for the likable guy and hope for the best, because he is the guy.  He's not getting replaced unless he gets hurt.

Lets hope we have alot more of last night, and alot less of week one.  And better Defense than either week, tbqh.

First sane thing anyone has said here in the past week.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't care about right and wrong and I hope no other Jet fans does either.  I just want to win and I will always root for whoever is under C.  I rooted like heck for Fitz last year and will this year, hopefully this year he gets the job done.

I think the D will eventually be lights out, if it is we can do some real damage this year.

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I like rooting for OUR guy and I am happy it happens to be the same player that has the support of for locker room.

50 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Huh ??? He struggled in week 17 because the winds in Buffalo are what they usually are up in Buffalo week 17 - nasty.  If anything people said he benefited from the fact that most of our games last year were relatively mild and not overly windy.

Didn't the haters say the winds and temp in Buff for week 17 were relatively mild for that time of year and their point was he still sucked. Well to me he has an average NFL arm and can make the throws and proved it over 18 starts. And last night he zipped the ball and had good touch. If he had a huge arm he wouldn't have been a 7th round draft pick. One thing for sure is that throughout his career his receivers have raved about him and said he's a good Qb. And these are guys like TO who don't like rag arms and would be the first to complain about them. Fitz is a good not great Qb with an average arm IMO. The wind complaints by the haters were the dumbest attacks on him followed by their ridiculous "almost" stats. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Didn't the haters say the winds and temp in Buff for week 17 were relatively mild for that time of year and their point was he still sucked. Well to me he has an average NFL arm and can make the throws and and proved it over 18 starts. And last night he zipped the ball and had good touch. If he had a huge arm he wouldn't have been a 7th round draft pick. One thing for sure is that throughout his career his receivers have raved about him and said he's a good Qb. And these are guys like TO who don't like rag arms and would be the first to complain about them. Fitz is a good not great Qb with an average arm IMO. The wind complaints by the haters were the dumbest attacks on him by the haters following the ridiculous "almost" stats. 

Listen I'm not going to make this into an anti-Fitz thread. He played extremely well last night and deserves accolades for that game. But if you think his arm holds up in the December/January/February winds I don't know what to tell you.

Archived