Fitz haters can

Joe Jets fan

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Pac said:

Then why must you all keep bringing him up every other post??  Like I said before..  the hypocrisy about the whole situation is so ridiculous it's gone from humorous, to annoying, to just sad at this point.

You can't bring him up every other post then blame someone else for talking about him.  Why is this soooooo difficult for you guys to understand?  My.god.

It is very simple.  The time to lobby for a different QB is during the offseason when the GM might actually be able to get one.  Right now we have what we have.  The only reason the same folks continue to bash Fitzpatrick today is because they still want a QB change.  A bash Fitzpatrick thread after week-1 is nothing other than a thinly veiled attempt to re-litigate the QB decision and so the blame for keeping all of this going rests with the five or six of you who have been singing the same tune without letup for the last two years.

We are tired of it.

It is actually disloyal to the team.

If you get your jollies by hoping for bad results in order for Geno to get another chance then that is a pretty sad state of affairs.  Spare me the crocodile tears in a week where we just had a huge win against a natural enemy on national TV.

5 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

One fumble.

Recovered by Kellen Davis.

Okay I stand corrected, one fumble. The other instance I was thinking of was an incomplete forward shovel pass to the RB. Not trying to take anything away from him here and regardless Fitz played the best game I've seen from him yet, he did an excellent job spreading the ball around and in particular smartly taking advantage of enunwa who was matched up with the 5'8" robey for most of the night

9 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

Fitzmagic beat them Patsie scumbags last year, were they below .500?

Not sure I'd brag about that W.  Wasn't half the team out with injuries at that point?  They were losing games vs anyone near the end there until they got healthy again.

Sure it was a fun win, but not one I really count as beating a good team.

Not sure I'd brag about that W.  Wasn't half the team out with injuries at that point?  They were losing games vs anyone near the end there until they got healthy again.

Sure it was a fun win, but not one I really count as beating a winning team.

Patsie Kissass...Nobody gives the Jets excuses when we have injuries, Fitzy played well and beat them, end of story

7 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Yes, but only if you count games won without cheating :-)

I was going to post something like this. On the one hand they had so many significant injuries they aren't the same team as when they're healthy. On the other hand, they cheat, which is like having multiple extra starters on the field anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

Patsie Kissass...Nobody gives the Jets excuses when we have injuries, Fitzy played well and beat them, end of story

Lol, sorry man.  It's the truth.  I understand many want to feel good about that win.  Not me though.  It's a great thing we didn't lose, but seems like someone bragging about knocking a guy out when he wasn't looking.

If we need to point to a time Fitz beat an above .500 team, think we can say the Redskins right?  They may not have been above .500 when we played them but pretty sure they finished 9-7 in the extremely tough NFC East.  

Lol, sorry man.  It's the truth.  I understand many want to feel good about that win.  Not me though.  It's a great thing we didn't lose, but seems like someone bragging about knocking a guy out when he wasn't looking.

If we need to point to a time Fitz beat an above .500 team, think we can say the Redskins right?  They may not have been above .500 when we played them but pretty sure they finished 9-7 in the extremely tough NFC East.  

No big deal, we can agree to disagree...ahem...(whispering) In the future just take the Jet fan's side in these Jet-Pats debates against Tx, you don't have to be honest, he's not...

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I understand many want to feel good about that win.  Not me though.

When you reach the point that you cannot enjoy a jets victory over the patriots because something something Fitz-wasn't-good-enough-and-you-must-be-right-on-the-internet, you've maybe gone too far.

To your credit, unlike some of your ilk, at least you'e not actively rooting for Fitz to get hurt.

Yet.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

When you reach the point that you cannot enjoy a jets victory over the patriots because something something Fitz-wasn't-good-enough-and-you-must-be-right-on-the-internet, you've maybe gone too far.

To your credit, unlike some of your ilk, at least you'e not actively rooting for Fitz to get hurt.

Yet.

Of course I enjoyed the win.  Kept the playoff hopes alive and probably kept the cheaters from the #1 seed (and potentially the SB).  It was a great win.  

But not because we beat them anywhere near full strength.  It wasn't just a couple injuries either...  they were F-ed.  Didn't they lose 4 outta 5 during that stretch or something, yet we needed OT?

Just trying to be objective.

Good post.

Pats elected to sit 8 starters for that Jets game.

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

It is very simple.  The time to lobby for a different QB is during the offseason when the GM might actually be able to get one.  Right now we have what we have.  The only reason the same folks continue to bash Fitzpatrick today is because they still want a QB change.  A bash Fitzpatrick thread after week-1 is nothing other than a thinly veiled attempt to re-litigate the QB decision and so the blame for keeping all of this going rests with the five or six of you who have been singing the same tune without letup for the last two years.

We are tired of it.

If you get your jollies by hoping for bad results in order for Geno to get another chance then that is a pretty sad state of affairs.  Spare me the crocodile tears in a week where we just had a huge win against a natural enemy on national TV.

Yep, that pretty much covers it, except I have not been here consistently for two years, just since April.

One thing that should be clear at this point is that the Jets are not in a position to, and are not going to, make some big move to bring in a different Qb.  It is also clear the CS and FO believe Fitzpatrick is the best Qb on the team, and people who know football agree with that.  So yes, arguing against Fitz is something they are enttield to do, but is hard to square with appearing like they have the best interests of the team in mind.  I am uncomfortable with disloyal, though.  I would prefer they are ill informed and their fandom is of a rather odd sort, unless of course it is the kind that is more about standing by a discredited opinion that Smith is the better Qb.

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

We are tired of it.

lol.. whatever dude it's hopeless with you.  Continue to believe whatever you want. 

So again we have people here who make excuses for winning. We lose to Buff two times last year and they knock us out of the playoffs and they scream bloody murder for months. And then we finally beat them in Buff and convincingly and they have something to say about it. Like it doesn't count because Buff is 0-2. Yeah, 0-2 because of us. And plenty of NEP starters played against us last year including Gronk and Brady who didn't play against Arizona. As for this season we beat the Bills and outplayed Cincy losing by one point because Folk missed an extra point. Let's see how the season goes remember some of these great fans of ours said we'd lose all of these early season games. I see Tex hasn't changed at all. Still ripping our team on our site and bragging about his dastardly team. 

23 hours ago, PS17 said:

Anyone complaining about Fitzpatrick after one week was a reactionary idiot.

Given our options, Fitzpatrick was clearly the best choice for the team at a one year deal that gave us the chance to maximize our 2016 wins while not hurting our salary cap at all.

Reactionary, you mean like thumping your chest and calling out people after beating a now 0-2 team..... 

Unfortunately, I've come to learn that a lot of sports fans would rather be "right" on the Internet than see their team do well. Personally I prefer to look an idiot and see  the player I criticise prove me wrong!

And I still don't understand the criticism of Fitz. He's bringing to the table exactly what you'd expect from him (and someone with his career), if not more.

On a sliding scale, he is positioned somewhere between "best option we had/have" and "there was maybe a cheaper/slightly better/development option than him". It's not a huge difference yet people go on as if we've turned down the chance to sign Aaron Rodgers on $100 a week in favour of him.

39 minutes ago, SwanseaJack said:

Unfortunately, I've come to learn that a lot of sports fans would rather be "right" on the Internet than see their team do well. Personally I prefer to look an idiot and see  the player I criticise prove me wrong!

And I still don't understand the criticism of Fitz. He's bringing to the table exactly what you'd expect from him (and someone with his career), if not more.

On a sliding scale, he is positioned somewhere between "best option we had/have" and "there was maybe a cheaper/slightly better/development option than him". It's not a huge difference yet people go on as if we've turned down the chance to sign Aaron Rodgers on $100 a week in favour of him.

There was no "slightly better"

The difference between Fitz and our other QB's is his decision making. Fitz trust what he sees pre-snap and throws with anticipation, this makes up for a weaker arm. When he is correct we get the good Fitz when wrong it's the same old Fitz. His time here I think we have seen more of the good Fitz and why his Recievers love him he trust them. If one of the younger guys can learn to trust a bit more along with their arm strength the Jets will have found something. Quick release is not all arm but more making a decision and letting it fly. 

10 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

The difference between Fitz and our other QB's is his decision making. Fitz trust what he sees pre-snap and throws with anticipation, this makes up for a weaker arm. When he is correct we get the good Fitz when wrong it's the same old Fitz. His time here I think we have seen more of the good Fitz and why his Recievers love him he trust them. If one of the younger guys can learn to trust a bit more along with their arm strength the Jets will have found something. Quick release is not all arm but more making a decision and letting it fly. 

Well said ... And the other big reason why our FO wanted him back this year ... To let the young kids see (The Right Way) for them to NFL QB in the future

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 1:41 PM, Snell41 said:

No, just indicative of a bad game. He had a great game last night. Far exceeded my expectations. I can admit that. Why is it so tough to admit he played poorly against CIN?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

because he didnt

Archived