Quincy you proved me wrong brother

Paradis

10 hours ago, redman81 said:

I knew he had potential based on the fact he could present mismatches with his size and speed, but he needed to catch the damn ball. So far this yr he seems to have corrected that.

What's crazy, is watch how he catches with his hands.  No body catches.  An unbelievable improvement.

Great job Quincy

~PS  Anyone hear?  How is his injury?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the thing having all three of these guys healthy makes everyone so much better. Enunwa I think is the key link here. He's the key component. If he doesn't play do Marshall and decker go for 100? Maybe. But I think he's just a match up nightmare as the THREE receiver, I mean! Are you kidding me? He's our 3? He's number 2 on most teams and 1 on some 

The Big E. rules.  No doubt about that anymore.  With him emerging as a versatile Shannon type of player, Brandon being his usual beast mode (I could do with fewer drops, though), Decker being the quiet #2 who regularly collects TDs with some of the smartest route runner you'll see in the NFL, Forte as a surehanded receiver and slithering hard to tackle back who runs with guile and delivers in the red zone, and top this off with Fitz playing lights out "No overthinking" football, and backed with a stout if not at times scary-dominant defense (assuming Bowles compensates for the reality of some of Revis' limitations against certain receivers), I think we have a legitmate chance to make a major statement against the Chiefs on Sept 25th.  It just wont be possible for anyone to cover all the weapons this offense has unless the Jets  do a collective suck.  So... just win, babe.  One makeable missed field goal aside, and we'd be looking at 2-0 right now.

• Bowles did not mention the rib injury suffered by WR Quincy Enunwa on Thursday night, but praised his emerging third receiver: "I think he's worked on his craft. He worked on his hands every day in the offseason. He worked on his speed and his route running. Quincy is a tireless worker."

I guess this is why he has improved.  It did not come natural, he just worked at it

6 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Look again we drafted 3 Wrs in 2014 and one of them made it. And this guy is starting to look exceptional. I'll take one very good one out of 3 anytime (the other two were 4th rounders). Q was a 6th rounder. 

The benefits of double or triple dipping in a draft and having a lot of picks.  I remember us drafting both maddox and Kerry Rhodes in the same draft and Rhodes for a few years ws a great player.  If you have a hole on your team double dip.

2 hours ago, jetfan39 said:
  • Bowles did not mention the rib injury suffered by WR Quincy Enunwa on Thursday night, but praised his emerging third receiver: "I think he's worked on his craft. He worked on his hands every day in the offseason. He worked on his speed and his route running. Quincy is a tireless worker."

I guess this is why he has improved.  It did not come natural, he just worked at it

and I'm sure also why his body is so "Jacked Up!"

Gotta add myself to this (eating crow)  list as well.  It is as if a tweener with decent blocking skills and a habit of dropping the ball in big spots completely reinvented himself this offseason.

Props to those who saw this coming because I certainly did not.

Good for us and Keep it up!

9 hours ago, RSJ said:

He certainly doesn't look conventional when he plays. He kind of reminds me of TO. He is going to be very, very good. Its weird to see the Jets develop their own WR's.

Ironically enough, T.O. and Anquan Boldin were two guys that he was described as being similar to in one of the pre-draft reports I read on him before that draft.  He was one of my big sleepers along with Martavis Bryant that year...would have preferred my personal pick of Allen Robinson in the second but John Idzik had other ideas, scarecrow lookin' f*ck that he was.  

Thrilled to see Enunwa might actually live up to the high hopes I had for him.

22 hours ago, Paradis said:

To me that was a coming out party. He's flirted with domination before, but that was legit NFL football. 

I've been very firm on my "Enunwa's not a natural receiver" ruling, and brashly spoke out against those who felt differently.... Well, he looked like another player entirely tonight. I personally have never seen a receiver who often looks so awkward trying to catch a downfield pass -- make such a dramatic turn around. Different ball player altogether.

Well done, I'm a believer.  

I was worried about his dropsies but so far he's stepped up his game and now has to be accounted for. I'm still waiting for Forte pass catching game to help us. If we are having 3 receivers get a hundred yards a game that will be a tough match up. Little Marshall had a bad fumble but he made a tough clutch catch later. Nice to see the QB and coaches have faith in him and went back to him. That is a real confidence booster. When will we unleash Robbie Anderson?

He was demonstrating this potential all last season. The drops became less frequent and he's always been a very difficult matchup. Could never understand why so many people were down on him. His talent is incredible - For a 3rd WR he's going to be a nightmare for teams to contain.

4 hours ago, jetfan39 said:

usually this cynical? 

I do actually get pretty cynical a lot .... Wasn't trying to come across with that message by my earlier post though

was just trying to say Q has himself in great shape!

certainly if he's been a workout freak all off-season that explains it.

keep it up Q!

I'm sure the game plan you saw Thursday with Enunwa featured was the result of Chan Gailey seeing the coaches tapes from the Bengals game. Teams are doubling Marshall & Decker. That's why Forte had such a good game.

But Chan realized if you want to really loosen up the defenses, feed the beast & they'll have to adjust what they're doing or Q will kill them. Perfect game planning in today's NFL where the 3rd CB is always quite small & a 3rd CB for a reason. A LB or a safety can't keep up with Enunwa either. 

The most exciting thing to come out of Thursdays game after Enunwas emergence was J. Marshall getting involved. The kids got to take care of the ball but he looks to have more talent then our 2nd round pick last year Devin Smith.

Chans gonna be able to unleash some play calling with these 4 guys. Marshall could run those sprint tosses that Edelman does where they go in motion & take a handoff. You get a guy like Marshall a bit of daylight coming around the corner & now his return skills kick in. Would love to see Robbie Anderson start being worked in to. Our 3rd & 4th WRs could be better than many teams 2nd.

8 hours ago, ljr said:

I do actually get pretty cynical a lot .... Wasn't trying to come across with that message by my earlier post though

was just trying to say Q has himself in great shape!

certainly if he's been a workout freak all off-season that explains it.

keep it up Q!

sorry if I mis-read your post.  I took it as you thought he was using PED's

11 hours ago, Jetster said:

I'm sure the game plan you saw Thursday with Enunwa featured was the result of Chan Gailey seeing the coaches tapes from the Bengals game. Teams are doubling Marshall & Decker. That's why Forte had such a good game.

But Chan realized if you want to really loosen up the defenses, feed the beast & they'll have to adjust what they're doing or Q will kill them. Perfect game planning in today's NFL where the 3rd CB is always quite small & a 3rd CB for a reason. A LB or a safety can't keep up with Enunwa either. 

The most exciting thing to come out of Thursdays game after Enunwas emergence was J. Marshall getting involved. The kids got to take care of the ball but he looks to have more talent then our 2nd round pick last year Devin Smith.

Chans gonna be able to unleash some play calling with these 4 guys. Marshall could run those sprint tosses that Edelman does where they go in motion & take a handoff. You get a guy like Marshall a bit of daylight coming around the corner & now his return skills kick in. Would love to see Robbie Anderson start being worked in to. Our 3rd & 4th WRs could be better than many teams 2nd.

No chance.

On 9/16/2016 at 0:20 PM, ChuckkieB said:

The Jets NEVER get lucky like this in the draft.  There must be some mistake.

Now can we finally look to locking up some of these young players BEFORE they hit FA?

If Q continues to show growth, can we get him on a reasonable contract this off-season before his 4th yr. begins?

Pats did it with Gronk.... Let's get this kid locked up over the off-season. 

To me that was a coming out party. He's flirted with domination before, but that was legit NFL football. 

I've been very firm on my "Enunwa's not a natural receiver" ruling, and brashly spoke out against those who felt differently.... Well, he looked like another player entirely tonight. I personally have never seen a receiver who often looks so awkward trying to catch a downfield pass -- make such a dramatic turn around. Different ball player altogether.

I'm gonna pat myself on the back because I've been wrong on a lot, but this one I feel I got right. Enunwa has the exact build, strength and speed of Terrell Owens. I knew right away he has greatness in him if he works hard, and thus far he has worked his tail off and has begun to realize his talents. I think he has the potential to be a consistent top 10 WR in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now can we finally look to locking up some of these young players BEFORE they hit FA?

If Q continues to show growth, can we get him on a reasonable contract this off-season before his 4th yr. begins?

Pats did it with Gronk.... Let's get this kid locked up over the off-season. 

Easier said than done. If he continues to play at this level, in such that we do in fact want to lock him up as soon as possible, and then we're going to have to offer him a substantial amount of money. Otherwise why would he sign an extension when he could get paid like a number one in free agency

If the team believed he was capable of making this kind of Leap, they should have extended them this past off-season. The window to do that at a reasonable cost has passed us

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Easier said than done. If he continues to play at this level, in such that we do in fact want to lock him up as soon as possible, and then we're going to have to offer him a substantial amount of money. Otherwise why would he sign an extension when he could get paid like a number one in free agency

If the team believed he was capable of making this kind of Leap, they should have extended them this past off-season. The window to do that at a reasonable cost has passed us

remember the game he plays.  On any given play his career could be over due to injury.  An early extentsion gives him the security that the players want, at a reasonable cost for both the team and the player.

remember the game he plays.  On any given play his career could be over due to injury.  An early extentsion gives him the security that the players want, at a reasonable cost for both the team and the player.

He and any other player in his position will gladly gamble. Maybe you're forgetting that we're talking about the difference of about 20 million guaranteed. That's more money than you and I will make in 5 lifetimes.

Yea. He'll take his chances.

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

He and any other player in his position will gladly gamble. Maybe you're forgetting that we're talking about the difference of about 20 million guaranteed. That's more money than you and I will make in 5 lifetimes.

Yea. He'll take his chances.

I don't think that it would be that much

On September 16, 2016 at 1:07 AM, Paradis said:

I've gotta agree with this. I absolutely thought i could recognize in Quincy that same issue that plagues many would-be NFL receivers -- not being an instinctual pass catcher. Amaro, Stephen Smith are two other recent examples. The list is long. Only freaks of nature in other ways (a la TO) can succeed despite that issue, and it's very rare that a player can fix it at this level (it usually comes from not catching enough passes as a kid, imo ... which is when that long term muscle memory is really developed). Granted it's only a two game sample and perhaps just a fluke, but if he continues to catch the ball they way he has to first two weeks, I'll be seeing something in QE that I don't think I've ever really seen before.

Archived