Unbiased Observations About The Game

PCP63

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The pocket never collapsed allowing Taylor more time to see the entire field and time for the WR's to get behind our secondary you cannot give any QB 5 seconds to throw the ball. 

Even if you don't understand the concept of containment from a football standpoint this argument is pointless.  

That a QB like Taylor is at his most dangerous outside of pocket where he can run for a big gain or pass deep.  Like on the pass to Salas.  

5 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Yeah, the 7 sacks blew it alright.

Not Nick Folk and not our failure to touch endzone on 1st & goal from the 3, 1st & goal from the 4, and 1st & 10 from the 15.

Who said that?  Who needed your rewrite?

statement was pretty simple, would you rather attack, get sacks and lose or lay back, play containment and win

You want to dig deeper and imagine shlt that wasn't said go for it

41 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

He is not a top NFL QB no matter how you want to spin the argument. I think that if A Rodgers had these weapons we would be undefeated. I root for him each week no matter what. I clearly do not over look what limits he has as a QB. It was mentioned in last night pre game show about the insanity of him holding out on the Jets. It can only happen here.

No one has ever, ever argued he's a "top NFL QB".  lol.

The best even a Fitz fan like me has said is that he's about average, and the best QB we have on the roster.  Not exactly earth-shattering statements.  But that's what makes the Fitz complaints so weird.  He is what he is, yet those who think we should bench him seem to think we have Aaron Rodgers sitting on our bench, just waiting to get his shot.  We don't. 

The "holdout" stuff is silly.  Who cares?  That was between the front office and Fitz.  Everyone knew he'd sign eventually.

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Kinda obvious considering each positive point got a sentence and the negative points got paragraphs.  Troll by any other name is still a troll. 

Maybe I just thought that the positives were so obvious, I didn't need to elaborate on. Lee looked fast on pursuit. Q looked ridiculously good. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets contained Taylor but gave him way too much time to throw the ball. 

Totally true.   Yet I think they had a better chance if they kept him in the pocket.  He made best plays running around until someone came open.  They kept lane discipline.  Plan worked.  Pretty sure you will see the opposite when we play pocket QBs.  Like Dalton

1 hour ago, PCP63 said:

-Revis. Enough said. I've defended him the last few years, and didn't believe he had taken a step back last year. This year, he's the worst CB we have by far. Atrocious.

Ok. I'm gonna come to Revis's defense here. 

Goodwin is possibly the fastest player in the NFL. Like, Olympic sprinter fast. He beat Revis on a go route on which Revis had no safety help. Yes, Revis obviously is not Revis of old. Yes, he is probably grossly overpaid. Nonetheless, you take away that ONE bomb to Goodwin and Revis played a solid game. Apart from that one play where he was embarrassed, he did his job. Just look at the numbers. Do it. Look at the numbers from last nights game and take away that ONE play. 

So, despite his awful game vs. the Bengals and the fact that a young speedster burned him deep in last nights game, he is actually still the BEST CB we have- not "the worst CB we have by far". I mean, what a silly statement. Don't you feel silly writing that?  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't think you know what the word "unbiased" means.

Bazinga!

Also, I'm anxiously awaiting a unique thread from every individual who watch the game last night. @Larz you're the new captain, how about on game day you start the game thread, and on the day after game day, you create the "Post game thoughts/recaps" thread, so this sh*t is contain and there's more room on the front page for arguing about Fitz and Geno.

Thanks.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Bazinga!

Also, I'm anxiously awaiting a unique thread from every individual who watch the game last night. @Larz you're the new captain, how about on game day you start the game thread, and on the day after game day, you create the "Post game thoughts/recaps" thread, so this sh*t is contain and there's more room on the front page for arguing about Fitz and Geno.

Thanks.

It's a good idea, but people still will create their own threads to provide us with their respective stream of consciousness.  It would require the mods to work overtime to continually merge everything.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Bazinga!

Thanks.

My Lucky Charms taste good today.  Magically Delicious.  

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Totally true.   Yet I think they had a better chance if they kept him in the pocket.  He made best plays running around until someone came open.  They kept lane discipline.  Plan worked.  Pretty sure you will see the opposite when we play pocket QBs.  Like Dalton

Should be interesting to see the gameplan vs. A.Smith. He is savvy and can scramble when things break down. He is also a pocket passer but pretty good on roll-outs. He plays mistake free football. I predict we will stack the box to shut down the run and on passing downs have a lot of disguised blitzes against him. Just to confuse and rattle him, force him into 3rd and longs. I think we will see more sacks vs the Chiefs- although the will be ready for a pass rush and have a lot of dump-off options. Jets LB play will be critical in containing the short passes to TEs and RB. Once again, Lee will play a role.   

1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

Fitz was bailed out a few times by his WR's

Anderson has very few reps with Fitz. He will get more over the next few days as KC prepares for The Q

JMarsh should his passion after the fumble. The guy is new to the league. Let him grow up.

I'm convince that the lot of you that lean on this "bailed out by his WRs" are the same people that count the "almost interceptions" and that NONE of you have ever watch any football beyond the Jets.

The NFL is dominated by play-making WRs who get PAID to make bad throws look good. It's essentially what they've changed the rules of the game to capitalize. Highlight reel "great catches" are literally the centerpiece of weekly recaps around the league. 

But yea, Fitz is the only QB whose average skillset is augmented by top-tier WRs.

1 hour ago, PCP63 said:

Is Chan like some messiah here? He's good, but not perfect. 

A good play is probably 20% play call, 80% execution. If the barometer for Fitz and/or Gailey is "perfect", then I'm afraid you're watching the wrong sport. There is no perfect. It is a game designed for big, strong athletes to run full-speed into each other. It's not always going to be graceful. 

The idea is to find players and coaches that are more good, than bad. There is no perfect.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

A good play is probably 20% play call, 80% execution. If the barometer for Fitz and/or Gailey is "perfect", then I'm afraid you're watching the wrong sport. There is no perfect. It is a game designed for big, strong athletes to run full-speed into each other. It's not always going to be graceful. 

The idea is to find players and coaches that are more good, than bad. There is no perfect.

Yes the other teams are trying to win sometimes too. Crazy but true. 

Rewatching the highlights Jalin Marshall made two HUGE catches for us after that fumble. The first was in the 3rd on a second down where he got slammed and still caught the ball on the bills 3 yard line. Result of the next two plays was a yd for forte.

The next huge catch came from our own 5 yard line on 3rd in 9 in the fourth quarter. 12-14 yard reception for the first down, drive leads us to the game winning Forte touchdown. If J marshall doesn't make those two catches we probably lose. For an udfa the kid has been great.

Besides that opening drive where the stadium was beyond loud and the bills defense was going wild Fitz was fantastic. Are we really complaining about two shovel passes? Fitz pushed the ball down the field so many times. I may be wrong but I don't remember one pass from last night that I was like phew glad that bill dropped that pick. The guy was money all night long.

3 minutes ago, jdeacon said:

Rewatching the highlights Jalin Marshall made two HUGE catches for us after that fumble. The first was in the 3rd on a second down where he got slammed and still caught the ball on the bills 3 yard line. Result of the next two plays was a yd for forte.

The next huge catch came from our own 5 yard line on 3rd in 9 in the fourth quarter. 12-14 yard reception for the first down, drive leads us to the game winning Forte touchdown. If J marshall doesn't make those two catches we probably lose. For an udfa the kid has been great.

Besides that opening drive where the stadium was beyond loud and the bills defense was going wild Fitz was fantastic. Are we really complaining about two shovel passes? Fitz pushed the ball down the field so many times. I may be wrong but I don't remember one pass from last night that I was like phew glad that bill dropped that pick. The guy was money all night long.

Jalin Marshall is like a raw Edelman. Lots of fight in how he plays the ball. I think once he figures out how to have more body control when fighting for an extra yard, he'll get better with ball security. He has no problem getting open in tight space. Could really develop into a great weapon.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Jalin Marshall is like a raw Edelman. Lots of fight in how he plays the ball. I think once he figures out how to have more body control when fighting for an extra yard, he'll get better with ball security. He has no problem getting open in tight space. Could really develop into a great weapon.

Nope...sorry...he fumbled once.  Bury him forever!

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Exactly .  The fact he gave up that fumble score and came back to help his team win spoke miles of his make up.  The catch he made on the three yard line was amazing. The talent on this team and their development is so not Jet like.  LOL

7 minutes ago, jdeacon said:

Mini Marshall really looked like he's settled down. Even judging punts looks much more effortless now. 

That fumble was not as bad as it looked. He would have held onto the ball to the ground, just that there happened to be a 300 lb man between him and the ground. Not sure what he was supposed to do there. 

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Nope...sorry...he fumbled once.  Bury him forever!

He put the ball on the ground a lot in preseason, and Bowles has hinted at it being an area of concern, but the ceiling is high for this kid, and the staff sees that.

Archived