Unbiased Observations About The Game

PCP63

6 hours ago, PCP63 said:

-Chan. My god. Those two damn shovel passes. No QB sneaks at the goal line. Just crappy play-calling in general. Yes, Fitz needs to execute. But Chan needs to also draw up better plays.

-

jets have scored 59 points in 2 games with no return touchdowns, pure offense. 

chan is fine

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Was the game plan that hard to figure out?  

Was he happier with 7 sacks and a loss

Were they related?

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Who said that?  Who needed your rewrite?

statement was pretty simple, would you rather attack, get sacks and lose or lay back, play containment and win

You want to dig deeper and imagine shlt that wasn't said go for it

There you go again - associating sacks with losing, implying one caused the other. 

Sacks aren't the reason we lost. Why do you keep making that correlation and then pretend you didn't?

You wanna do your Abbott & Costello wordplay routine? Go for it.

7 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Were they related?

There you go again - associating sacks with losing, implying one caused the other. 

Sacks aren't the reason we lost. Why do you keep making that correlation and then pretend you didn't?

You wanna do your Abbott & Costello wordplay routine? Go for it.

You're really having a hard time with this.  Keep completely missing what I said.  

Nowhere did I say there is a correlation.  Do you actually believe there is a person anywhere who believe with more sacks you will lose?  Point we won, who cares that we didn't get sacks while playing contain defense. 

Take a deep breath and read. 

10 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Yes. Outside of the two bombs, and prevent completions, the Jets accomplished their mission. He did not throw the ball well

Yeah, "outside of the two bombs" that were the result of too much time to throw only spotted them 14 points.

Taylor finished with 297 yards, 3 TDs. 60% Comp. QBR 112.8. Not too shabby.

4 hours ago, PCP63 said:

It's great. I just think we could've had many more points.

chan needs to stop dropping passes, missing blocks, drawing flags and fumbling.

the bengals have a very good defense, and the bills have a good run defense. 

the jets offense dominated the bills from start to finish.  It wasn't pretty at times, but when you get 3 rushing TD's and 370 yards in the air, 28 first downs and 39 minutes of ball control, you had a great game plan.

if you are stuck on the shovel passes, you must point out the mole on cindy crawfords face as well, lol

6 hours ago, Larz said:

chan needs to stop dropping passes, missing blocks, drawing flags and fumbling.

the bengals have a very good defense, and the bills have a good run defense. 

the jets offense dominated the bills from start to finish.  It wasn't pretty at times, but when you get 3 rushing TD's and 370 yards in the air, 28 first downs and 39 minutes of ball control, you had a great game plan.

if you are stuck on the shovel passes, you must point out the mole on cindy crawfords face as well, lol

It is quite an ugly mole.

It was a wonderful game and everybody played great, and I'm not just saying that because it was a big, fat railroad spike of a nail in Rex Ryan's NFL coffin. 

The one thing I am curious about is this: did Chan find out the best way to mitigate Fitz's limitations is to counterintuitively have him throw it deep-intermediate more? Previously, it seemed that we'd throw short all the time, then have Fitz try a "bomb" off of play-action. But the last game, there was a conscious effort to get 15-25 yards down the field, which Fitz can handle, and which our receivers are built for. 

22 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Usually, I'm the one to crap on some players, and praise others, but last night completely flipped the script. I'm now LESS confident going in to next week, despite the win.

Some positives:

-Q. Obviously. Need I say more? He was very solid last night, and it didn't look like a fluke.

-Lee. Fast, got to the backfield with speed, good stuff.

-Fitz. Came back strong in the 2nd half.

-Lach punting great as always.

Negatives:

Where do I start...

-Lee was fast in the run game, but his height clearly affected him a few times. I can recall one particular play where Tate ran right up the middle because it looked like Lee didn't fill his gap (looked like he was too short to see).

-Fitz. Yes, he came back strong, but everything before that was just terrible. His receivers were bailing him out. I'd say he still had a good overall game, but he's still not the answer.

-Chan. My god. Those two damn shovel passes. No QB sneaks at the goal line. Just crappy play-calling in general. Yes, Fitz needs to execute. But Chan needs to also draw up better plays.

-Bowles. Same issues we had at the end of last season clearly weren't addressed enough. Blame it on the GM if you want. I blame it on poor coaching. Also, letting Marshall come back was irresponsible, IMO. Will only make him re-aggravate the injury later in the season when we need him. I like Bowles, but he needs to be on a short leash right now. Hot seat.

-Jalin Marshall. Keep him on PR/KR duty. Fumbles cannot be tolerated. He did it all preseason as well. Why is Robby Anderson not out there? He looks like a HUGE steal.

-Revis. Enough said. I've defended him the last few years, and didn't believe he had taken a step back last year. This year, he's the worst CB we have by far. Atrocious.

And I thought I was negative, holy crap this thread puts negativity in a completely new light! Dude, are you nuts? We witnessed arguably the single best performance by a Jets offense in maybe 10-20 years and you say that was no good? If you have any gripes at all, they must all be with the defense. I myself have many gripes with the d, but the offense the other night was unstoppable, and besides Jalin's fumble (which by the way I still question whether or not it was a catch and fumble), was absolutely perfect and dominating.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It was a wonderful game and everybody played great, and I'm not just saying that because it was a big, fat railroad spike of a nail in Rex Ryan's NFL coffin. 

The one thing I am curious about is this: did Chan find out the best way to mitigate Fitz's limitations is to counterintuitively have him throw it deep-intermediate more? Previously, it seemed that we'd throw short all the time, then have Fitz try a "bomb" off of play-action. But the last game, there was a conscious effort to get 15-25 yards down the field, which Fitz can handle, and which our receivers are built for. 

I think it's a combo of many things. 

Fitz is healthy and the off season rust is gone

O-line gave him time to wait on deeper routes

Rob and rex never adjusted and jets just kept taking advantage of man coverage with back shoulder throws.

The over the shoulder bomb to Decker was his best pass as a jet. Real shame it got called back.

Chan and fitz abused Rob and rex, they were ready for everything

I think it's a combo of many things. 

Fitz is healthy and the off season rust is gone

O-line gave him time to wait on deeper routes

Rob and rex never adjusted and jets just kept taking advantage of man coverage with back shoulder throws.

The over the shoulder bomb to Decker was his best pass as a jet. Real shame it got called back.

Chan and fitz abused Rob and rex, they were ready for everything

Fitz made many of those throws navigating through the rush. He didn't look scared at all. Best I've ever seen him as a Jet.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Fitz made many of those throws navigating through the rush. He didn't look scared at all. Best I've ever seen him as a Jet.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

No doubt. I just read the 10 completions that went at least 15 yards beyond the LOS is the 3rd highest total in the entire NFL in the last 10 years.

15 minutes ago, Larz said:

No doubt. I just read the 10 completions that went at least 15 yards beyond the LOS is the 3rd highest total in the entire NFL in the last 10 years.

That is an amazing stat and I had no idea. 

Gone are the days of Schotty calling the 3 yard dink pass on 3rd and 5.  Tom is right.  Our WR corps is perfectly suited to those mid-distance passes as well as the bombs because of their size and ability to outhustle and outmuscle the smaller DBs, especially over 60 minutes. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They were open all game.

I loved how Fitz would find the open guy, and feed him, and then move to the next open guy, and feed him.  Decker in the slot is so damn good.

On 9/16/2016 at 4:52 PM, RevisIsland610 said:

The offense was incredible but the defense was not dominant. They gave up 23 points(not counting the fumble returned for a TD) and close to 400 yards against. I can't understand why people just dismiss those 2 bombs like they were nothing. The defense has given up 800 yards against in their first 2 games and have been burned quite a few times for big plays. Things need to be fixed.

I disagree... You can judge a defense on 3 plays but I choose to look at the rest and see those for what they are... They were a fundamental breakdown on various levels.  Granted this needs to be fixed and you can't have breakdowns like this against better teams, but beyond those 3 plays they couldn't move an inch on the Jets D.... But what about the end of the half and end of the game drives... That was play calling they choose to guard the sidelines and over the top and allow anything in the middle of the field to let them burn their own clock time. You have to see through the filter to see what is going on... This garbage about how bad our defense is, is comical... People that don't understand football buy into the media's own garbage with these attention grabbing headlines...

Bottom Line, Jets destroyed the Bills on all levels in their own building... Score doesn't show it but the game was never close.

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I disagree... You can judge a defense on 3 plays but I choose to look at the rest and see those for what they are... They were a fundamental breakdown on various levels.  Granted this needs to be fixed and you can't have breakdowns like this against better teams, but beyond those 3 plays they couldn't move an inch on the Jets D.... But what about the end of the half and end of the game drives... That was play calling they choose to guard the sidelines and over the top and allow anything in the middle of the field to let them burn their own clock time. You have to see through the filter to see what is going on... This garbage about how bad our defense is, is comical... People that don't understand football buy into the media's own garbage with these attention grabbing headlines...

Bottom Line, Jets destroyed the Bills on all levels in their own building... Score doesn't show it but the game was never close.

The game was much closer than it should have been and we were actually losing 24-20 early in 3rd and if Buffalo recovers that on sides kick it could have been very interesting. I can judge a defense on 3 plays when the end result is 14 points. You can slice it any way you want but the pass defense has been less than stellar the first 2 games. We will see how things go in Kansas City.

On 9/16/2016 at 4:57 PM, PCP63 said:

Usually, I'm the one to crap on some players, and praise others, but last night completely flipped the script. I'm now LESS confident going in to next week, despite the win.

Some positives:

-Q. Obviously. Need I say more? He was very solid last night, and it didn't look like a fluke.

-Lee. Fast, got to the backfield with speed, good stuff.

-Fitz. Came back strong in the 2nd half.

-Lach punting great as always.

Negatives:

Where do I start...

-Lee was fast in the run game, but his height clearly affected him a few times. I can recall one particular play where Tate ran right up the middle because it looked like Lee didn't fill his gap (looked like he was too short to see).

-Fitz. Yes, he came back strong, but everything before that was just terrible. His receivers were bailing him out. I'd say he still had a good overall game, but he's still not the answer.

-Bowles. Same issues we had at the end of last season clearly weren't addressed enough. Blame it on the GM if you want. I blame it on poor coaching. Also, letting Marshall come back was irresponsible, IMO. Will only make him re-aggravate the injury later in the season when we need him. I like Bowles, but he needs to be on a short leash right now. Hot seat.

-Jalin Marshall. Keep him on PR/KR duty. Fumbles cannot be tolerated. He did it all preseason as well. Why is Robby Anderson not out there? He looks like a HUGE steal.

-Revis. Enough said. I've defended him the last few years, and didn't believe he had taken a step back last year. This year, he's the worst CB we have by far. Atrocious.

How did this get 27 dislikes? 

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 1:06 PM, chirorob said:

They were open all game.

I loved how Fitz would find the open guy, and feed him, and then move to the next open guy, and feed him.  Decker in the slot is so damn good.

The best thing about the O against Buffalo was/is that it hopefully is a sign going forward that the O is coming together.  This after Fitz missing some preparation time in the pre-season.  Also there's the apparent development of more cohesion on the OL, of Forte apparently being an upgrade, and Enunwa taking over the 3rd wideout slot to great effect.  These are all elements to build on going forward, and there is then reason for optimism.

On 9/16/2016 at 11:00 AM, Jetster said:

OMG! Your actually coming here today & making a complaint about Chan Bailey, LMAO! What do want, f*cking perfection, is that the only thing that will satisfy you?

2- 100 yard WRs, another just under 100, a RB with over 100 yards & 3 TDS, total domination in TOP. Seriously?

I coud do without shovel passes too, though. I have had Bubby Brister-itis for years

13 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I coud do without shovel passes too, though. I have had Bubby Brister-itis for years

If you're talking about the shovel pass to Bilal Powell, it was a designed run/pass option that Fitz decided to turn into a pass play but he just made the wrong read and missed a wide open Decker in the flat with no one in front of him.

The call was fine. The execution wasn't. 

2 hours ago, PCP63 said:

I don't see how. I've been a Revis supporter, for example, the entire time. I literally called him the best CB in the league last year and the previous two years before that.

When you critique two guys for having a nearly flawless game (Fitzpatrick and Gailey), with maybe one or two hiccups in a 35+ point offensive performance, a week after saying they both needed to be sh*t canned because out kicker left 4 points on the field in a 1 point game, excuse me for not believing that you don't have a bias.  You stating that Revis is struggling (no sh*t) doesn't change that.

Lemme guess, if Revis turns his year around and plays phenomenal football, you're going to tell us that, in your "unbiased" opinion, he's back to being the best CB in the game. Right?

Archived