41 members have voted

1. 1. Pats or Fins

• Pats
    • Fins

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Let me start by saying I usual hate these threads, but for me I want a Fins win. With Brady out the bigger the hole the Pats need to climb out of the better.

I really hope The Cardinals were bad last week the way it looked. Just downloaded the game to my computer and going to see just how good this Jeneane kid is. 

Brady didn't look good in preseason which is why he wanted to keep playing. Sooner or later he is going to fall off the age cliff. I hope it's this year, but even more I hope Belichick hasn't found the next great AFCE QB. 

Miami means nothing to me anymore. 

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not quite sure why, but I agree with you.  For some reason, I like the Phins to pull off the upset.

In a Brady-less 2008 Chaddy cakes beat them 38-13 but in their 2nd meeting even though Chads O scored 28 the Pats scored 48.. Last year they split games with the Pats like we did..

Unfortunately I think the Fins will win this one. I think Garap will be picked a couple times and Miami will pull out the win. They played without their #1 WR last week and almost beat the Hawks at home. Miami's D is much improved.

The Cards played like crap Palmer looked horrible, Pats got lucky, not happening today.

Fu*k the Fins!!!

3 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

BB has 4 Super Bowl titles in the last 15 years with the Pats.

You guys are hilarious.

Hey Tex, weren't you the guy who in 2005 who when pressed wouldn't admit that Brady was better than CP. Your answer was NC.  Anyways congrats on your longevity.

1 hour ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Tie

Still a hole to climb out of for both teams.

Tie does not work. Tie does not count as a win or loss. If I recall correctly Eagles had this issue and it affected the playoffs.

Team A 10-5-1 Team B 10-6 Team A goes in 1 less loss could be wrong here but believe that how it would work.

I mean you've got to hate Miami if you're a Jets fan and know something about the history. I mean Shula wasn't only a cheater and did many of the things that BB does now but he loved to rub it in your face. But those days are over and their org is now in a state of incompetency under Mike Tannenbaum. NEP are the Fins of the present time and even more despicable than Miami under Don Shula. And the Fins players weren't exactly altar boys either. Miami had great football in those days with Shula and the Hurricanes. It was pretty wild. 

41 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

First rule of being a jets die hard. Never root for the pats, ever

Right. It used to be that way for the Phins, and believe me I still hate them. I live in Hollywood Fl and about 8 min away from Dolphin stadium, but let's be real here. There is one hurdle in the AFC east. It's the Pats. Anything to take them down is a good thing.

And I will hear all the dolphin sh*t birds singing their sh*tty tunes tomorrow if they win, but it's worth it for a Pats loss.

I can't stand either team. The Dolphins played a close game at Seattle last week.  This early in the season it's difficult to say whether the Dolphins are improved or the Seahawks are not as good as they were. The Pats won't have Brady or Gronk today so it's a golden opportunity for the Phins.  BTW, I also don't think the Cardinals are as good as advertised, but we'll see.

I went to one game in the Orange Bowl when the Fins knocked off the Bills (by a lot) and that was sometime in the 1980's. It was the 4 o'clock game. We watched the 1 o'clock game at a bar and it was Jets vs NEP when we were both almost always also rans. Raymond Berry was their HC then and we had the lead and ended up blowing it and they won. So hard to concentrate on the other game after watching a SOJ type of performance. But today I'm rooting for the Fins D to do a job on Jimmy G and put him in his place. And Miami has a good record against BB. 

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I mean you've got to hate Miami if you're a Jets fan and know something about the history. I mean Shula wasn't only a cheater and did many of the things that BB does now but he loved to rub it in your face. But those days are over and their org is now in a state of incompetency under Mike Tannenbaum. NEP are the Fins of the present time and even more despicable than Miami under Don Shula. And the Fins players weren't exactly altar boys either. Miami had great football in those days with Shula and the Hurricanes. It was pretty wild. 

Love your comment about Shula. Absolutely correct as it pertains to the Jets never got over Super Bowl III

Archived