Pats or Fins  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Pats or Fins

• Pats
    • Fins

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of surprised to see Gosty miss that FG. It allowed the Fins to stay in the game unusual for NEP who usually seals the deal and doesn't allow an opponent to keep their foot in the door. I hope he misses a few against us but don't count on it. Folk has been good since those two misses. He is slightly erratic but usually pretty good. I hope that was his wake up call. He owes us a good 14 more games after basically losing game. 1. 

Well I was wrong about the Fins so the crow I will eat. Congrats on the win. Hate to see anyone hurt. 

Big win by the Pats today.

All I have said is they have to go 2-2 without Brady and they will easily win the AFCE.

Let's see if Brissett can add icing on the cake and win one of the next two.

I didn't see the game except at the very end when CBS went to it for out of market cities. I don't think you can use losing Jimmy as an excuse as good as he played because Brady is coming back in 2 weeks, anyways. So the onus is on the NEP defense who wasn't that great last season and they traded one of their best players. I thought they were better than this but like our secondary they gave up plays to the Fins Wrs who are good, young players. So my consensus: we can beat these guys and have a better D than both teams. But time for Bowles to change the scheme with the Dbs. 

I always love the; "I didn't watch the game but I'm going to comment on it anyway" posts.

4 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Do you ever learn?

You had the Pats going 0-4 without Brady.

They are now 2-0.

BTW, Brisett is a better QB than any QB currently on the Jets roster.

Right Southpark?

I don't think I've said anywhere that the Pats would go 0-4 - but I'm sure I said that's what I'm hoping for. I had them going 1-3. Impressive so far! Belichick is some coach.

Let's let Brisett throw a touchdown first before we throw crazy thoughts like that out there. Geno would start over him at this point.

I don't think I've said anywhere that the Pats would go 0-4 - but I'm sure I said that's what I'm hoping for. I had them going 1-3. Impressive so far! Belichick is some coach.

Let's let Brisett throw a touchdown first before we throw crazy thoughts like that out there. Geno would start over him at this point.

OK, maybe not you who said 0-4, but the majority of your Jet fan colleagues said so.

All Brisett has to do is win 1 out of 2 games, and the Pats, once again, walk away easily, with the AFCE title.

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Big win by the Pats today.

All I have said is they have to go 2-2 without Brady and they will easily win the AFCE.

Let's see if Brissett can add icing on the cake and win one of the next two.

@PatsFanTX Do you think the Pats see Garrapolo as the replacement for Brady or will Belichick trade him this offseason if his value is high (e.g. they can get a 1st rounder for him)?

8 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

3-1 without Brady is good, Pats will start the ball boy before trading for anyone

and they will get a 1st for Jimmy next year

In a pinch they could put Edelman in as QB. He has about the same amount of experience as a pro QB as Brisket and used to be a QB.

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

In a pinch they could put Edelman in as QB. He has about the same amount of experience as a pro QB as Brisket and used to be a QB.

Brisset was considered a quality QB in the draft from what I remember. And they always find a way.  They'll be 4-0 without Brady (actually I predict 3-1 but wouldn't be surprised at 4-0).  

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Brisset was considered a quality QB in the draft from what I remember. And they always find a way.  They'll be 4-0 without Brady (actually I predict 3-1 but wouldn't be surprised at 4-0).  

Let's see what happens this Thursday Night. If Jimmy G is out 2 weeks, Pats will be 2-2 after 4. If they weren't up 24-0 today they lose for sure. Starting 0-0 with the rookie? The Texans shut down an experienced QB & team today. 

20 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

That's another reason I want the Pats to win is having to listen to all of the idiots at work tomorrow if the Fins win. They will be talking playoffs and winning the division and how great their new coach is. Fu*k all that. I hate the Fins so much more, I am in Hollywood also, I hate just driving by the stadium. I know it would be better for us if the Fins win but I would love to see them 0-2.

LOL  I hear ya. I really do.

Well you got your wish and on this Monday morning I have to say that I'm grateful not to have to hear the BS so thank you.

Every go to Hammerjacks to watch the game?  I was going to Ricky's for a bit but the bar tender pissed me off by putting the Jets game on one small TV and the other game on every other TV when there were only two games on at 4pm a couple of year ago. I haven't been back.

Good wings though.

5 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

No, the Pats will trade him before he becomes a FA.

While I tend to agree with this thought process, I would not totally close the door on Jimmy not being the future.

If QB is the most important position, you have a possible successor to Brady in Jimmy and by all (limited) accounts a legitimate successor, then why trade him?  Brady will be 40 next year and Jimmy will be 25.  If the Patriots are not overwhelmed, then they should keep him. 

Brady has been motivated (working on his footwork) by Jimmy's presence over the past two years and keeping Jimmy around through 2017 will keep Brady motivated as well.  Brady knows it is cost prohibitive to cut him before the 2017 season.  2018 is another story, while it would hurt they save cap space.  

If father time catches up finally or if he is injured, then it might be time to hand the reigns off to Jimmy.

Archived