1. 1. Pats or Fins

• Pats
    • Fins

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

LOL  I hear ya. I really do.

Well you got your wish and on this Monday morning I have to say that I'm grateful not to have to hear the BS so thank you.

Every go to Hammerjacks to watch the game?  I was going to Ricky's for a bit but the bar tender pissed me off by putting the Jets game on one small TV and the other game on every other TV when there were only two games on at 4pm a couple of year ago. I haven't been back.

Good wings though.

It was definitely nice seeing all the sulking faces, amazingly they were still talking about how good Tannehill is. I used to go to Hammerjacks all the time. I have been to Ricky's (agree about the wings). I just stay at home and watch the games now because I don't want to have to deal with annoying Fins fans.

I know the golden rule is to root for a Pats losss but I hate the Fins that much. Plus I have a brother in NJ who is a die hard Fins fan.

I might hit Hammerjacks again it's nice being around other Jets fans.

1 hour ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

It was definitely nice seeing all the sulking faces, amazingly they were still talking about how good Tannehill is. I used to go to Hammerjacks all the time. I have been to Ricky's (agree about the wings). I just stay at home and watch the games now because I don't want to have to deal with annoying Fins fans.

I know the golden rule is to root for a Pats losss but I hate the Fins that much. Plus I have a brother in NJ who is a die hard Fins fan.

I might hit Hammerjacks again it's nice being around other Jets fans.

I hear ya man. I really do. I've hated the fins more than anything else ever since the mudbowl which I watched as a young kid at The Ground Round in Lyndhurst. :D I just want to see the Jets in the damn playoffs and it's looking like it will be through NE once again in 2016.

I was thinking of going there once this season too. I haven't been since opening day 2014. I sit at home too these days. :-)

Let me know when you do. It would be cool to meet you. We can watch the game together and talk about all the a$$holes on Jetnation.  lol

Send me an IM if you're thinking about going.

21 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

While I tend to agree with this thought process, I would not totally close the door on Jimmy not being the future.

If QB is the most important position, you have a possible successor to Brady in Jimmy and by all (limited) accounts a legitimate successor, then why trade him?  Brady will be 40 next year and Jimmy will be 25.  If the Patriots are not overwhelmed, then they should keep him. 

Brady has been motivated (working on his footwork) by Jimmy's presence over the past two years and keeping Jimmy around through 2017 will keep Brady motivated as well.  Brady knows it is cost prohibitive to cut him before the 2017 season.  2018 is another story, while it would hurt they save cap space.  

If father time catches up finally or if he is injured, then it might be time to hand the reigns off to Jimmy.

I agree that there has to be some thought here to the eventual successor to Brady - if you think you have a guy who can be "it", why trade him for a draft pick where the best return you can hope for is to get ... a guy who you hope can be "it".

Depends I guess on when they have to re-up Jimmy G, and if he's willing to wait a few more years to get to be "the guy".

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

I agree that there has to be some thought here to the eventual successor to Brady - if you think you have a guy who can be "it", why trade him for a draft pick where the best return you can hope for is to get ... a guy who you hope can be "it".

Depends I guess on when they have to re-up Jimmy G, and if he's willing to wait a few more years to get to be "the guy".

Jimmy is signed through 2017. 

I do not know if it was calculated move by Brady, but his extension, while softening the blow of the lost wages due to suspension, also made him impossible to cut through 2017.  It would hurt to be cut/traded before 2018 season, but they would gain cap space.  Next year, the cap hit would go from 13 million to 27 million according to overthecap.com.

I think the one thing I hate seeing more than anything is Kraft and his son at games in their luxury boxes grinning and high fiving after games. 

Be curious to see what happens to the Pats when Kraft kicks the bucket.

Kraft has 4 sons (the public only knows about Jonathan) so do they each get 25% ownership of the Pats or does Jonathan get the team and Kraft's other assets (which are substantial) get split between the other 3?

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

Kraft has 4 sons (the public only knows about Jonathan) so do they each get 25% ownership of the Pats or does Jonathan get the team and Kraft's other assets (which are substantial) get split between the other 3?

Isn't one of his sons estranged and already in court with Kraft over assets. Btw whatever happened to Kraft's main squeeze. Is she still around? You know the one Kraft jumped on after Myra died, like the next day. She's probably got her hand out, too and I don't blame her a bit. Whatever she gets she's earned. 

6 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

I doubt they would sell it.  They make too much money every year to sell.  Although at 3.2 billion and counting it would be a nice profit.

I doubt they would sell it.  They make too much money every year to sell.  Although at 3.2 billion and counting it would be a nice profit.

The old man definitely has a tight will.

Probably has a clause in there where the 4 siblings can not sell or move the team.

Still can't believe the Pats are worth $3.2 billion.

The old man definitely has a tight will.

Probably has a clause in there where the 4 siblings can not sell or move the team.

Still can't believe the Pats are worth $3.2 billion.

Its not just the Pats and the Pats merchandise, it is also the stadium and I believe the Hotel and Mall counts in their too. He did a great job not only developing the Franchise, but also the stadium and the property.

Its not just the Pats and the Pats merchandise, it is also the stadium and I believe the Hotel and Mall counts in their too. He did a great job not only developing the Franchise, but also the stadium and the property.

You are correct.

Kraft built the entire stadium and mall with his own money, with no tax payer expense at all.

That's why the Pats have a value of $3.2 billion.

You are correct.

Kraft built the entire stadium and mall with his own money, with no tax payer expense at all.

That's why the Pats have a value of $3.2 billion.

It is crazy.  If only I had 172 million back in the day.

3 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

My God, I still can't believe a I sat on those stupid aluminum bleachers for 10 years in a friggn' $7MM stadium to watch a 1-15 and 2-14 NFL football team.

SAR would flip out.

Can't believe you actually watched games from the Rod Rust era in person.  You deserve some kind of lifetime achievement award for that.  

9 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Rod Rust, Dick McPherson and Ron Meyer.

Only decent HC as a STH was Raymond Berry.

Thankfully, those days are long gone.

Anyone that is under 35 do not know the struggle. 

For all his faults,  Drew was a pretty good QB for the Patriots pre-Belichick/Brady.

Anyone that is under 35 do not know the struggle. 

For all his faults,  Drew was a pretty good QB for the Patriots pre-Belichick/Brady.

Drew Bledsoe, Robert Kraft and Bill Parcells took the Pats from the laughingstock of the NFL to where they are today.

I was a huge Bledsoe fan. I thought BB was a moron to stay with Brady after Bledsoe was healthy.

Can't believe I just said that on a Jets message board.

9 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Drew Bledsoe, Robert Kraft and Bill Parcells took the Pats from the laughingstock of the NFL to where they are today.

I was a huge Bledsoe fan. I thought BB was a moron to stay with Brady after Bledsoe was healthy.

I think I argued on JI for the Patriots to hire Schottenheimer.  :bag:

Rod Rust, Dick McPherson and Ron Meyer.

Only decent HC as a STH was Raymond Berry.

Thankfully, those days are long gone.

Rust and McPherson are 2 of the most incompetent head coaches in NFL history.  Meyer, for all his shortcomings, at least was able to keep the team reasonably competitive.  Can't say the same for the other two jokers. 

BB will let you beat yourself. Esp when his team only plays fair football. They have a formula for that. Like staying close most of the first half usually in a low scoring game but putting up a 7 at the end of the half. And then usually because they win the toss and defer getting the ball first in the 2nd half and scoring again. And then slowly putting it away. Before you know it they're ahead by 20 in what you thought was a close game. So to beat them you have to break that pattern esp with Brady who is an expert at doing that. But their D is vulnerable. 

14 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

I feel Bledoe gets forgotten for winning that AFC championship game for them in 2001 in Pitt. Guy deserves his ring.

Archived