Suddenly schedule not as tough as initially thought

Bcess

I keep saying it, can't sweat the schedule. Especially in the first 4 weeks. These teams, since the new CBA that limits contact during preseason, are all very Jekyll and Hyde the first few weeks. I mean, look at Arizona and the beating they put on TB today, but then they couldn't get out of their own way vs. the Patriots backups last week.

If you've been a fan of this team for more than a year, you would know nothing should be considered 'easy' with this team. One game at a time. I remember a few years back under Rex the Jets were going into their "easy" part of the their schedule and totally sh*t the bed. Don't do this guys, you're only going to set yourself up for disappointment and bitterness. 

Just now, rillo said:

If you've been a fan of this team for more than a year, you would know nothing should be considered 'easy' with this team. One game at a time. I remember a few years back under Rex the Jets were going into their "easy" part of the their schedule and totally sh*t the bed. Don't do this guys, you're only going to set yourself up for disappointment and bitterness. 

2 minutes ago, rillo said:

+1

6 minutes ago, rillo said:

Do you think kc or Seattle are saying the jets are an easy win?

29 minutes ago, slats said:

A Buffalo Bills team that appears to be headed towards some sort of apocalyptic implosion that will wipe Lake Erie of the face of the globe scored 31 points on the Jets Thursday night. For perspective. 

The jets scored 37 points on that team, and made it look easy

As stated earlier by others, teams are STILL trying to find their cohesiveness, if any at all, and the toughness of a schedule can fluctuate vastly in a span of 3 weeks. 

Now, you can't change the fact that it's TOUGH to PLAY @ KC, Pitt, or NE, but player injuries, desperate ownership firings, or just bad referee-ing can greatly change how formidable an opposing team is in any given week. 

Jets don't turn the ball over & give these teams easy TDs they can win both games. KC will be tough because it's on the road but it's certainly not out of the question they can win, especially if their 2 Oline players are still out.

Seattle fans are losing their minds about their god awful offensive line. Hawks at home 10:00 AM EST, with a horrid Oline & Russell Wilson with a high ankle sprain? I'll go out on a limb & say he might not finish that game. Their LT  is HORRENDOUS.

Like Wayne Hunter bad. I would be SHOCKED of our defense doesn't feast vs Seattle. The Jets Dline is better than the Rams & our offense is LIGHT YEARS better than the Rams.

48 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Jets don't turn the ball over & give these teams easy TDs they can win both games. KC will be tough because it's on the road but it's certainly not out of the question they can win, especially if their 2 Oline players are still out.

Seattle fans are losing their minds about their god awful offensive line. Hawks at home 10:00 AM EST, with a horrid Oline & Russell Wilson with a high ankle sprain? I'll go out on a limb & say he might not finish that game. Their LT  is HORRENDOUS.

Like Wayne Hunter bad. I would be SHOCKED of our defense doesn't feast vs Seattle. The Jets Dline is better than the Rams & our offense is LIGHT YEARS better than the Rams.

Spot on!!

Jets barely beat a putrid Buffalo team on the verge of imploding.   Let's not pencil them in for the super bowl just yet.    

When you are the Jets there are no easy games.   It's just the way it is.  

I said it before the Bills came to play and more than anything the Jets matched them. Like two weeks ago they let the Bengals back into the game to a bad loss.

Hopefully the Jets build off their win to a cleaner game.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

Jets barely beat a putrid Buffalo team on the verge of imploding.   Let's not pencil them in for the super bowl just yet.    

When you are the Jets there are no easy games.   It's just the way it is.  

You can pencil in anything. The whole point of penciling is that they're erasable. 

Has the world gone so soft that they're afraid of making an erasable mistake? 

11 hours ago, slats said:

A Buffalo Bills team that appears to be headed towards some sort of apocalyptic implosion that will wipe Lake Erie of the face of the globe scored 31 points on the Jets Thursday night. For perspective. 

I was about to say, the Bengals look like turd yet beat the Jets and the Bills are the worst team in the NFL and they hung 31 on the Jets.

There is a lot of clean up that needs to be done.  Good thing is, we've got extra days to prepare for a KC team that just played in a dog fight but it was on the road.  They're a different team at home too.  

I think we have some match up problems in that game.  Fitz vs. an opportunistic secondary but I wouldnt say that games look as tough as it did preseason.

Seattle looks terrible.  

11 hours ago, slats said:

14 off two bombs that I don't think Smith does a lot.  One defensive score. I agree but at the same time game wasn't that close. Still adjusting to the offensive being better than the defense though. 

Look, we beat one team so far and have a lot to prove. Our one L was by one point to a good team and the bottom line is you have to win close games to make the playoffs. You have to find a way to win even when the opponent is a good team or our team comes out flat (like on week 17). So can the Jets be competitive number one and if so can we win those nail biters. We didn't week one and we outplayed the Bengals.  As for SOS it's an ever changing variable and the guys who've been swearing by it and saying we have no chance are wrong because again as many of us said all summer some teams predicted to be good won't be and others will be. There are many examples of this esp Carolina last season. And of course injuries esp to Qbs. 

The Seahawks losing yesterday does not make that game much easier.  Amazingly, they've lost 4 of their last 5 to the Rams, who they don't match up well with, so you can't read into that a whole lot.  Not to mention, Wilson was limited on his ankle (which typically takes 1-2 weeks of recovery for normal NFL players).  Thomas Rawls got hurt midgame too, and might be fully recovered by the time we face them. 

The Chiefs, however, are indeed paper tigers and have been for a while.  Beating them in Arrowhead is difficult, but not impossible. 

We travel to the west coast for the Chiefs, Cardinals, and 9ers. Traveling is not fun and has an effect. Conversely, I remember statistics coming out after the Panthers beat the Seahawks in the playoffs last year about the Seahawks being really bad (specifically how bad, I don't recall), when they travel to the east coast for a 1pm est game. So, who knows. Luckily we have that extra day against the Cardinals for MNF.

27 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

We travel to the west coast for the Chiefs, Cardinals, and 9ers. Traveling is not fun and has an effect. Conversely, I remember statistics coming out after the Panthers beat the Seahawks in the playoffs last year about the Seahawks being really bad (specifically how bad, I don't recall), when they travel to the east coast for a 1pm est game. So, who knows. Luckily we have that extra day against the Cardinals for MNF.

Wait a minute. Kansas City isn't anywhere close to the west coast.

9 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

the browns should have beaten the ravens with mccown.  there really aren't easy wins on paper, though sometimes there are blowouts nevertheless.

That game was the definition of that franchise. I'd be sick if I grew up a Browns fan. They have to be the most poorly run franchise the past 15-20 years

Archived