Is Revis a lock for first ballot HOF?

14 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Same could be said of Revis..thats why I said fair analogy.  Had you actually attended UNC, you would have been forced to take basic English as it is basically a cupcake school. :)

Except NE last one in 2004 and hasn't won since he left but other than that you are right!  you are a sad little man.

did they make the SB last year? did they win it?  how many did they win from 2005-2013?  revis was the difference maker that put them over the top.  Brady could only do so much w/ a flawed roster.

That's funny.

Revis was just along for the ride, especially after his poor performance in the playoffs and Super Bowl.

14 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

did they make the SB last year? did they win it?  how many did they win from 2005-2013?  revis was the difference maker that put them over the top.  Brady could only do so much w/ a flawed roster.

9 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

That's funny.

Revis was just along for the ride, especially after his poor performance in the playoffs and Super Bowl.

I agree with PatsFan here. Revis wasn't the difference maker. Deflategate was, to be precise. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

That's funny.

Stop it, revis was a huge key to that run and you know it.  Brady always is front and center but Revis was the missing piece.

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Let him believe that REVIS is the reason the Pats won.  HE still defends Sanchez and Rex and is literally ridiculed daily here. 

pipe down son.  grown men w/ knowledge of this game are trying to have a civilized discussion.

Just now, SenorGato said:

On merit he should be, but the point has been made on why he might wait. When it comes to defense it's all about sacks and turnovers to the basics out there. 

Few more ints and Marcus Williams should become a first ballot himself. 

its a testament to his reputation that he gives up a TD and everybody freaks out.  Does anybody remember who got burned for the TD's by the Jets in Buffalo ?  nope cuz they aint Revis

not a lot of corner go tho. here is a look at the recent ones;

Defensive Backs

Darrell Green (CB) 1983-2002
Deion Sanders (CB-KR-PR) 1989-2000, 2004-2005
Aeneas Williams (CB/S) 1991-2004
Rod Woodson 1987-2003

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

its a testament to his reputation that he gives up a TD and everybody freaks out.  Does anybody remember who got burned for the TD's by the Jets in Buffalo ?  nope cuz they aint Revis

Defensive Backs

Rod Woodson 1987-2003

Current corners who will get consideration I'd guess:

Sherman

Talib

Peterson

short list and those guys are borderline...guessing Revis probably skates in considering the others...

Wonder if Ty Law gets in.

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Current corners who will get consideration I'd guess:

Sherman

Talib

Peterson

short list and those guys are borderline...guessing Revis probably skates in considering the others...

Wonder if Ty Law gets in.

charles woodson is next, then probably revis.  I don't think sherm talib or peterson get in just because not a lot of corners do.

7 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Not my stat.

It was in Peter King's MMQB article this morning.

You read Peter ******* King? Jesus, dude,

Also, his stats aren't eye popping because they don't throw his way. And the fact that he was on your team means you know this, at least you SHOULD know this.

In all honesty, why were you allowed back here? You've been a bigger tard now than before you got banned. 

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

That's funny.

People understand that that's a placeholder, and we'll get to work on trying to make (an extension) happen," Kraft said. "He's been everything and more since he's been here. Patriots fans knew what he was like on the field, but didn't know what he was like off it. Having worn green all those years and the blind emotion we all have toward the Jets, you have one perception of the man. And the man is very different than that. He's a great guy and he works hard. There is no over-ego to him and he's a great teammate. He's been a real pleasure to have him as part of the organization."

Revis just won his first Super Bowl ring with the Patriots. As they try to repeat, they want to make him part of their plans. And why not? He was a first-team All-Pro in 2014.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Let him believe that REVIS is the reason the Pats won.  HE still defends Sanchez and Rex and is literally ridiculed daily here. 

To be fair, he was a huge part of their turnaround defensively and the best player on the best D they'd put out in half a decade or so IIRC. 

13 hours ago, Larz said:

I saw something over the weekend he head a stretch with the packers with like 7 weeks in a row with a take-away or something ridiculous like that.

peterson needs more exposure.  he should come to NY :-)

I think it was 7 weeks in a row of TDs. Wouldn't be shocked. 

TBH I was a little like, really? Canton? When I read his tweet/quote. I always figured Revis would get in but never really considered him a lock. But whatever, probably will be. With the injury it really was a short career if he doesn't end up bouncing back from his early season slumbers and mediocre play from LY.

13 hours ago, SenorGato said:

To be fair, he was a huge part of their turnaround defensively and the best player on the best D they'd put out in half a decade or so IIRC. 

I wouldn't waste my time w/ that poster.  He is as clueless as they come.  according to him Revis played no role in helping NE win and Sanchez, Rex, Tannenbaum, Schottenheimer all sucked but we lucked into 4 road playoff wins.

15 hours ago, Larz said:

Defensive Backs

Rod Woodson 1987-2003

Revis is a better cover corner than all of those guys.