How obvious is it David Ortiz is using steroids again?

drdetroit

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If you wanted to argue Jeter was using PED's I wouldnt put up a fight. I'm pretty honest with the Yankees. For as great as Mo was they havent missed a beat without him because that position is overrated to begin with. 

The second anyone says anything negative about the Pats, Sox...anything Boston the bat signal goes up. Ortiz seems like an a$$hole, I dont care about the steroids even though we all know he did them...as did every other player.

Based on what?

16 hours ago, nyjunc said:

the proof is he failed a test.  the other stuff isn't proof.

didn't the metrodome have a more inviting RF than Fenway?  obviously right down the line is close in fenway to wrap around the pesky pole but the RCF and RF outside of the line were closer in the building that was called the "homer dome".

Do you comprehend what Manfred said?  He cannot say Ortiz failed.  He cannot say he passed for that matter.

Fenway is 302 feet down the line.  Metrodome was in the 320s.  When you got to Right Center, Fenway was a 10+ deeper. 

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If you wanted to argue Jeter was using PED's I wouldnt put up a fight. I'm pretty honest with the Yankees. For as great as Mo was they havent missed a beat without him because that position is overrated to begin with. 

The second anyone says anything negative about the Pats, Sox...anything Boston the bat signal goes up. Ortiz seems like an a$$hole, I dont care about the steroids even though we all know he did them...as did every other player.

I am not arguing your stance on PEDs.  They largely align with mine,  Or that Ortiz can come off as an a$$hole or petulant child. 

My point is the thoughtless point that Ortiz increase in numbers were solely due to PEDs.  Could they have been?  Yeah.  He also went to a better team and hitters park during his mid-20s.  He showed glimpses of what he might become in Minnesota as he hit for average and power.  My point is his becoming great as he hits his prime given the circumstances previously covered cannot be solely attributed to PEDs.  He is not Brady Anderson who could not hit his weight and then all of a sudden has 50 jacks. 

2 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Do you comprehend what Manfred said?  He cannot say Ortiz failed.  He cannot say he passed for that matter.

Fenway is 302 feet down the line.  Metrodome was in the 320s.  When you got to Right Center, Fenway was a 10+ deeper. 

I am not arguing your stance on PEDs.  They largely align with mine,  Or that Ortiz can come off as an a$$hole or petulant child. 

My point is the thoughtless point that Ortiz increase in numbers were solely due to PEDs.  Could they have been?  Yeah.  He also went to a better team and hitters park during his mid-20s.  He showed glimpses of what he might become in Minnesota as he hit for average and power.  My point is his becoming great as he hits his prime given the circumstances previously covered cannot be solely attributed to PEDs.  He is not Brady Anderson who could not hit his weight and then all of a sudden has 50 jacks. 

Ortiz is a HOF'er and an unbelievable hitter. I dont get why you guys get so hung up on the steroids. Some guys have gotten a pass while some havent. Manny obviously did them too and I have no issue with him getting in either...was an unbelievable hitter. It's the outright denial from Boston fans that's easy to poke at.

28 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

how many HRs has he hit around the pesky pole?  the metrodome was a great park for hitting HRs.

10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

how many HRs has he hit around the pesky pole?  the metrodome was a great park for hitting HRs.

What players were hitting behind and in front of Ortiz in the lineup Minny? What position in the lineup was he hitting in Minny? These things matter.

8 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What players were hitting behind and in front of Ortiz in the lineup Minny? What position in the lineup was he hitting in Minny? These things matter.

I was asked about the ballparks.  The Metrodome was a great HR hitting park.

wasn't he hitting in front of Torii Hunter?  he's not Manny but was a damn good player.

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I was asked about the ballparks.  The Metrodome was a great HR hitting park.

wasn't he hitting in front of Torii Hunter?  he's not Manny but was a damn good player.

Ballparks aren't the only factor in hitting home runs. From the box scores I googled, there a mix of in front or behind Hunter. He was also playing 1B a lot more as well. His increase in home runs from 20 to 31 in a year can be attributed to many different things.

On 10/5/2016 at 9:48 AM, nyjunc said:

I am sure there is a website that can tell you that, but in 1014 games at Fenway he hit 222 Homeruns.  In 252 career games at Metrodome, he hit 21.  Now, that is not totally attributable to Pesky Pole, but it helps being closer.  That is not a point you can argue.

13 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

I am sure there is a website that can tell you that, but in 1014 games at Fenway he hit 222 Homeruns.  In 252 career games at Metrodome, he hit 21.  Now, that is not totally attributable to Pesky Pole, but it helps being closer.  That is not a point you can argue.

I am sure he was clean:D

On 10/7/2016 at 10:27 AM, nyjunc said:

I am sure he was clean:D

I didn't realize  that personal hygiene was an issue! I think that the Red Sox and David Ortiz are more concerned being down 0-2 to the Cleveland Indians.

On October 6, 2016 at 7:23 PM, PFSIKH said:

Ortiz did roids.  So did Manny and Youkah.  It was all over that lockerroom

16 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Ortiz did roids.  So did Manny and Youkah.  It was all over that lockerroom

I am not saying he didn't.  I am saying attributing his bump in numbers to it has holes in the argument.  He went to a better, team, better hitters park and he hit his prime.

Archived