Need a nickname for the scared performance in Foxboro?

RoadFan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Guy was a washout in Denver, but Josh McDaniels knows how to construct--and adapt--an offense.  

He knows how to ask his boss what to do, then do it.

Bill O'Brien was the same way on Beli's staff. Collaborating with a coach like Beli is only going to make everyone else look smarter.

11 hours ago, jack48 said:

the guy can coach.  I hate him, but he can coach.  Geno would probably play decent for him

Some wag dug out quote from the late Bum Phillips this morning.  Kind of fits:

“He can take his’n and beat your’n. Or he can take your’n and beat his’n,”

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

Yea, the Pats really sucked on the road in Arizona.

That's more ignorant a response than I'm used to from you. 

I didn't say the Pats were bad on the road, and they never played a good game. I said their record was pedestrian on the road compared to at home. The difference is remarkable*. 

3 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Geno would be played exactly the way the played Brissett. 100 yards passing and a 27 point victory. Unbelievable. 

All you need to do is use the force to cause 2 kick return fumbles, and have them magically bounce right to you. 

Yup.  When it hapens all the time, it is more than luck. Maybe BB is Dr. Faustus?  Or Vince Lombardi.

32 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It's incredible. I feel like us and the Ravens are the only teams that go there and play them well.

There's definitely some truth to the scared performance idea. Team do seem to play them scared and there is no need to.

Jets, Ravens, Broncos, Giants, Seahawks....   that's it.   Everyone else does the (Mass Suicide)

58 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It's incredible. I feel like us and the Ravens are the only teams that go there and play them well.

There's definitely some truth to the scared performance idea. Team do seem to play them scared and there is no need to.

So why do the Jets always seem to fold? Perhaps its an organizational problem?

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Lets just keep the Cheaters Scumbags title for that team. It's perfect for them. 

Says a fan from a team that last won the Super Bowl when?  And BTW, Broadway Joe is no Tom Brady!

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Jets are 2-13 in Foxboro the last 15 years.

That's playing well?

If you watched all the games the Jets have played in Foxboro in recent years. majority of them are close games. That's my point.

So to answer your question, yes. But they've lost the majority of those games because the Pats have been the better team.

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Jets are 2-13 in Foxboro the last 15 years.

That's playing well?

They lose because NE is better.  But the Jets are not afraid of them.   The Jets fight tooth and nail against them.  Including when they are at Foxboro.  The rolling over dead and losing before kickoff by these other teams has gotten really old to watch.   That's  the point.

If you watched all the games the Jets have played in Foxboro in recent years. majority of them are close games. That's my point.

So to answer your question, yes. But they've lost the majority of those games because the Pats have been the better team.

The NFL is not playing horseshoes or throwing hand grenades.

Staying "close" means jack$hit if you always end up losing the games.

13 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

The NFL is not playing horseshoes or throwing hand grenades.

Staying "close" means jack$hit if you always end up losing the games.

I didn't say staying close meant anything. Read and understand what the person is saying before you make a post.

The OP is talking about teams playing scared, a lot of teams go in to New England and do that is the point. The Jets don't. That's all I'm saying.

Archived