TE radar BEEP; ASJ waived. Is there a god?

Paradis

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Paradis said:

I just disagree. 

He's troubled and needs to take a serious long look in the mirror and get some help. Obvioulsy it just wasn't working there. If you ever worked with people who have issues or substance abuse problems, there are times when no matter what you do, the situation just isn't going to work. It's why people go elsewhere to start fresh..

Furthermore, it feels like some here are lambasting him as a person. I just don't dig that, people do things for different reasons. I've worked with people coming in and out of Jail, and sh*t happens. It doesn't always mean they're bad people. Some times yes, some times no. But I don't believe in attacking him as a person.

He doesn't get a "pass" - and still needs to be accountable, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't take a chance and see if we can clean him up. He's an awesome TE. 

I hear you but my only issue is if he couldn't handle Tampa, can you imagine him in NY with all the temptations around him not to mention insane fans and the omnipresent 24/7 media?   The guy might kill himself within a week. 

8 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I hear you but my only issue is if he couldn't handle Tampa, can you imagine him in NY with all the temptations around him not to mention insane fans and the omnipresent 24/7 media?   The guy might kill himself within a week. 

I don't know dude, florida to these guys is like blow for Robert downey jr. They can't keep their sh*t together down there.

Could Jets take a flyer on former Bucs TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins?

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer

The New York Jets haven't played a game since our last mailbag, but that never stopped us.

@RichCimini: For those who missed Friday's news, Seferian-Jenkins was released by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after a DUI arrest in the wee hours of the morning. The former second-round pick is young and talented, and we all know the Jets don't have a pass-catching tight end, but, no, I don't see this happening anytime soon.

Under the current regime, the Jets have been relatively conservative when it comes to picking up players with checkered pasts. I know, I know, they traded for Brandon Marshall and signed Erin Henderson last year, moves that have worked out nicely. But you're talking about a couple of older players who confronted their issues and have dealt with them in a mature manner. Clearly, Seferian-Jenkins, 23, hasn't reached that point yet. Did you see his goodbye tweet: "Thanks you TB! Next chapter." Not exactly remorseful, is he?

By the way, this wasn't an isolated incident. Seferian-Jenkins was thrown out of the final day of OTA practices because the Bucs' coaching staff felt he wasn't prepared. He also had issues in college. Now, with the DUI arrest, he faces the possibility of league discipline.

Looking at it from a football standpoint, the move would make no sense because, as I'm sure you've noticed, the Jets DO NOT USE THE TIGHT END -- at least not in the passing game. They're the only team without a tight-end reception, giving them only eight receptions by a tight end in 18 games under offensive coordinator Chan Gailey. I think I detect a trend.

Why bring a character risk into the locker room if he's just going to block?

As you noted, the Jets have Quincy Enunwa to play a hybrid role, although I think that gets overplayed at times. Breaking down his 13 catches based on where he lined up in formation, he has only one as a tight end, eight from the slot and four from the wide positions, per ESPN Stats & Information.

It may frustrate the fan base, but I think the Jets will stand pat with their current tight ends.

22 hours ago, Paradis said:

Disappointed so many here seem to be above working with a young talented player. It's not like we're loaded at the position, nor is he expensive - and we're certainly have the veteran presence to take on a guy and mentor him thru this.

Frankly no ones offered any good reason not to beyond "he can be someone else's problem"... Didn't even know he was a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has been a significant problem since being drafted. He mouths off to his coaches, argues constantly, doesn't follow through on his assignments in practices. They were considering releasing him  the final cuts in August. In addition, he has 2 DUI's in the last couple of years and is known to have had drinking and other behavioral issues in college.  

Freaking head case. Good luck to the team that takes him. They will need  it.

21 hours ago, Paradis said:

It's fair to weigh risk and reward like some of you are -- however I think there's some discordance here.

It's NOT like ASJ is stumbling into film study, nor is he in the NFL's substance abuse program (yet?)... so spare me the Manziel/Blackmon caliber narratives.  Does he have a problem? Yes. Should it be taken seriously? Hell yes... but he is far from the trainwreck I'm seeing painted here.

Your portrait of the Bucs' dissatisfaction with him is incomplete. The coaches couldn't stand him or his horrible attitude. He argued  a lot, yelled at his coaches and basically flouted their attempts to coach him.

57 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He has been a significant problem since being drafted. He mouths off to his coaches, argues constantly, doesn't follow through on his assignments in practices. They were considering releasing him  the final cuts in August. In addition, he has 2 DUI's in the last couple of years and is known to have had drinking and other behavioral issues in college.  

Freaking head case. Good luck to the team that takes him. They will need  it.

Yea? Kinda like when Marshall punched his way through a TV over a big mac and tosses his wife around? 

Give me break. take your Protestant passport somewhere else. If they want to take a flyer on him to see if a change in scenery is the catalyst for change in behavior, then you'll like it.  

19 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

That's what I'd like to know... Amaro was athletic. He wasn't talented. Talent is being able to marry athleticism with the fundamental ability to understand and play the game. He was just an athlete. ****, the guy made it to the NFL as a receiving TE and didn't even know how to catch OR block.

Even that's a stretch.  He looked big and dopey to me.

48 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yea? Kinda like when Marshall punched his way through a TV over a big mac and tosses his wife around? 

Give me break. take your Protestant passport somewhere else. If they want to take a flyer on him to see if a change in scenery is the catalyst for change in behavior, then you'll like it.  

The wife who stabbed him?

How many of these problem players win?  Anything?  Ever?

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Kid shows no remorse and makes no attempt to apologize. Just doesn't get it. Hard pass. 

I wasn't a fan of that either. 

I also read a blurp about the coaching trying down play his Talent. Sounds like things were toxic between the two parties.

6 hours ago, Paradis said:

What part of he yells at his coaches  and he doesn't listen to his coaches do you not understand?  The guy is a loser. Don't want him. Change of scenery. LOL.

What part of he yells at his coaches  and he doesn't listen to his coaches do you not understand?  The guy is a loser. Don't want him. Change of scenery. LOL.

I yell at my parents too sometimes.

I'll do anything to for ASJ

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I was first on scene

it seems like you were caught off guard and are just digging a deeper hole here.  this dude is no good to anyone right now and needs detox or he's gonna be a statistic and it aint gonna be TD's

it seems like you were caught off guard and are just digging a deeper hole here.  this dude is no good to anyone right now and needs detox or he's gonna be a statistic and it aint gonna be TD's

He was busted for the DUI prior to being released. Everyone knew.

Unless he's been accused of some kind of violent crime then I don't care. I let the coaching staff and locker room worry about rest.

Just now, Paradis said:

He was busted for the DUI prior to being released. Everyone knew.

Unless he's been accused of some kind of violent crime then I don't care. I let the coaching staff and locker room worry about rest.

lol.  his biggest concern after being arrested for his 2nd DUI was where he was going to take a sh*t and you think he actually has anything to offer ?   this idiot doesn't get it, he is a classic addict seeking bottom, let him find it somewhere else

“Well, it is disappointing and Austin is a guy that we had high hopes for,” Koetter said on SiriusXM NFL Radio, via JoeBucsFan.com. “He was a second-round pick here a couple of years back. He has fought through some injury issues. He’s a very talented individual. It is disappointing when guys, when they make mistakes, and there’s more to every story than meets the eye. Sometimes there is more to it than things I can say on the radio. We wish Austin well. The number one thing is I am glad that Austin is safe and healthy. And I hope he can get himself healthy.”

hot mess. lol

lol.  his biggest concern after being arrested for his 2nd DUI was where he was going to take a sh*t and you think he actually has anything to offer ?   this idiot doesn't get it, he is a classic addict seeking bottom, let him find it somewhere else

If prefer he found it here. Based on the way you're talking you've got a hard nosed approach to ppl with substance abuse problems. I work in field, and I don't agree with you.

IF he turns things around, he could easily be top 5 TEs in the NFL. So yea, I'll take my chances when the risk is zero on our side.

Just now, Paradis said:

If prefer he found it here. Based on the way you're talking you've got a hard nosed approach to ppl with substance abuse problems. I work in field, and I don't agree with you.

IF he turns things around, he could easily be top 5 TEs in the NFL. So yea, I'll take my chances when the risk is zero on our side.

zero risk ?    

he needs a hard kick in the ass right now, not another free pass.  the worst thing any team could do for the person is let him get away with it.  he needs a year off to prove he can handle it, like henderson

in your professional opinion, should this addict be playing football or getting help ?

“Well, it is disappointing and Austin is a guy that we had high hopes for,” Koetter said on SiriusXM NFL Radio, via JoeBucsFan.com. “He was a second-round pick here a couple of years back. He has fought through some injury issues. He’s a very talented individual. It is disappointing when guys, when they make mistakes, and there’s more to every story than meets the eye. Sometimes there is more to it than things I can say on the radio. We wish Austin well. The number one thing is I am glad that Austin is safe and healthy. And I hope he can get himself healthy.”

hot mess. lol

I see you left out the part where Koetter was criticized for some of things he said. Being petty even.

But whatever. You've got him figured out.

zero risk ?    

he needs a hard kick in the ass right now, not another free pass.  the worst thing any team could do for the person is let him get away with it.  he needs a year off to prove he can handle it, like henderson

in your professional opinion, should this addict be playing football or getting help ?

He needs support. Not alienation.

Archived