TE radar BEEP; ASJ waived. Is there a god?

Paradis

he needs rehab and a year off, not being used by the NFL machine and fans like you

c'mon dude.

Really, you know how rehab works do you? This isn't Hollywood and I'm not advocating that we sign him to start next week. But I want him in green and white when he comes out on the other end. Support doesn't have to be in the form of playing him Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Really, you know how rehab works do you? This isn't Hollywood and I'm not advocating that we sign him to start next week. But I want him in green and white when he comes out on the other end. Support doesn't have to be in the form of playing him Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what's the mystery ? 

I know the worst thing for this dude is getting another NFL contract this season.  If he turns it around and can stay sober, sure take a look at him next off season. 

If we were to bring him in, he'd end up taking targets away from our other options.

Is it worth having him here and cutting down on snaps for Enunwa, for example? I say no thanks.

And if we're bringing him in to be a blocker ... not worth the hassle.

6 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Even if the guy turns his life around and gets a second chance in the NFL, the Jets don't use tight ends. He'd be waste here. It makes no sense from several aspects and the fact it's been discussed this much and to these lengths makes me very happy it's game day so this thread will die. 

Really? Did Gailey use Gonzalez in KC? Chandler in BUF? We certainly would use a TE if we had one that could actually catch. 

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

If we were to bring him in, he'd end up taking targets away from our other options.

Is it worth having him here and cutting down on snaps for Enunwa, for example? I say no thanks.

And if we're bringing him in to be a blocker ... not worth the hassle.

Who needs depth on offsense, hey

Just now, Paradis said:

Who needs depth on offsense, hey

If he's only worth "depth" I don't want him ... plenty warm bodies that can provide depth without the headaches.

If you're going to take on a headache like this, the upside has to be pretty special.

Just now, jamesr said:

If he's only worth "depth" I don't want him ... plenty warm bodies that can provide depth without the headaches.

If you're going to take on a headache like this, the upside has to be pretty special.

I hear what you're saying, but i feel like you didn't read a single word of the 5+ pages. ASJ is more than just "a little talented". He's top 5 TE caliber, so yea he's got some special upside. On top of that, we have no depth nor any talent really at the position. furthermore, the notion that i don't want someone else taking away snaps (and eliminating competition?) is ludicrous. 

Is he worth the headache? I think so. 

Just now, Paradis said:

I hear what you're saying, but i feel like you didn't read a single word of the 5+ pages. ASJ is more than just "a little talented". He's top 5 TE caliber, so yea he's got some special upside. On top of that, we have no depth nor any talent really at the position. furthermore, the notion that i don't want someone else taking away snaps (and eliminating competition?) is ludicrous. 

Is he worth the headache? I think so. 

He's not a top 5 player at his position.  He's a top talent but so are many.  The discipline and work that needs to be put into becoming a top player is, to this point, beyond him.  With no indication, anywhere, that he will ever turn it around and do what it takes to become a top player at his position.  The overwhelming chances are that he will cause more problems than what good you dream he could bring to a team.  Malcontents never help teams win.  

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

probably not. I don't expect it to happen, but it's probably #1 on my wish list.

Also, nice deflection on being completely wrong. 

I said the Jets don't use tight ends. What was wrong about that statement? Nothing. It's game day. I'm not wasting anymore time on this terrible idea. 

19 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I said the Jets don't use tight ends. What was wrong about that statement? Nothing. It's game day. I'm not wasting anymore time on this terrible idea. 

The Jets do use their TEs. I don't know what they use them for but they are out there on the field for 90% of the snaps. 

5 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

The Jets do use their TEs. I don't know what they use them for but they are out there on the field for 90% of the snaps. 

Since they never throw to them I can only assume it's for blocking.

I think my concern is that if we do bring in a TE and start to use them in the passing game a lot, it's quite a change from what we do now ... I don't think now is the time to start to mess with the offense that we have. If timings were different then maybe - but not at present.

Just now, jamesr said:

Since they never throw to them I can only assume it's for blocking.

I think my concern is that if we do bring in a TE and start to use them in the passing game a lot, it's quite a change from what we do now ... I don't think now is the time to start to mess with the offense that we have. If timings were different then maybe - but not at present.

I agree. I would bring in a blocker first, but right now I would substitute Davis for a tackle or a WR rather than have him get push backward, completely miss or fall down. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Apparently, we've classed back down.

Can now check the "makes stupid moves to satiate moron fan base" box for Mac.

Total Tanny move after humiliating loss.

That was my INITIAL reaction and thought as well, but my hope & faith in Macc prevails and this move ends up being validated. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Apparently, we've classed back down.

Can now check the "makes stupid moves to satiate moron fan base" box for Mac.

Total Tanny move after humiliating loss.

First of all, taking a chance on a young kid that has made some stupid mistakes who plays on a position of need with very little downside isn't a 'stupid move' or a 'panic' move. He didn't trade for Tebow or sign Suh to a 100+ million dollar contract. If this is the biggest gamble/mistake he makes all year, that would be great.

Also, since he was signed off of waivers, didn't that happen with 24 hours of being waved? so it happened before the game, no? Or, he would have cleared waivers and been signed as a FA - or am I missing something?

So, if he was signed before the game, it isn't reactionary, unless Mac can tell the future - in which case Hack is going to be a stud :-)

47 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

First of all, taking a chance on a young kid that has made some stupid mistakes who plays on a position of need with very little downside isn't a 'stupid move' or a 'panic' move. He didn't trade for Tebow or sign Suh to a 100+ million dollar contract. If this is the biggest gamble/mistake he makes all year, that would be great.

Also, since he was signed off of waivers, didn't that happen with 24 hours of being waved? so it happened before the game, no? Or, he would have cleared waivers and been signed as a FA - or am I missing something?

So, if he was signed before the game, it isn't reactionary, unless Mac can tell the future - in which case Hack is going to be a stud :-)

If Macc could tell the future i would have hated to see how Geno, Petty, or Hack would have played against the Chiefs because surely if they would have done better he would have pulled Fitz. Also pretty sure you are right about the waivers they would have had to have been in before the game.

On September 23, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Paradis said:

Yes, he'd be a reclamation project, but the upside is Jimmy Grahamish and I feel like this roster is a good place to rehab a guy like ASJ. We've got some characters here that are strong leaders and have overcome issues like these. 

And dammit we need a TE like him to develop. 

Nice call dude 

Archived