Jacoby Brisset tears thumb ligament

FTL Jet Fan

Now what is the plan, should be interesting.

As per PFT

Report: Jacoby Brissett tore a thumb ligament, may need surgery

New England Patriots quarterback Jacoby Brissett runs onto the field to warm up before an NFL football game against the Houston Texans Thursday, Sept. 22, 2016, in Foxborough, Mass. (AP Photo/Charles Krupa)AP

The Patriots had wide receiver Julian Edelman as their backup quarterback last night. He might have to start next week.

According to Mike Petraglia of WEEI.com, Patriots quarterback Jacoby Brissettsuffered a torn thumb ligament in the second half of last night’s win over the Texans, and may need surgery to stabilize the injury.

That’s a huge blow for the Patriots, one game before Tom Brady’s return from suspension. Jimmy Garoppolo was inactive last night because of his surgery.

The Patriots brought T.J. Yates and Sean Renfree in last week to look at potential depth signings, and they may need to add one to get them through their final Brady-less game.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JEEZ! What BAD LUCK for the Patriots: Starter UNJUSTLY suspended, the HEIR hurts shoulder while looking promising in sub duty, and NOW the Rookie who can play now tears his thumb! WHY such bad luck with QBs and THIS team?!!?!?

IS THERE NO JUSTICE FOR THE NewEnglanders?!?!?!?!?:D

MAYBE, FINALLY, KARMA IS PAYING IT BACK TO NE.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I so want the Pats to win. It would be the ULTIMATE humiliation for Rex.

Rex's humiliation will be plentiful. We actually need the Bills to win to help us in the standings... it's the least Rex could do for us.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Would never have happened if Beli let him throw like a real QB, but he's black, so he forced him to run with it. #blackqbsmatter 

I feel sorry for the kid. He gutted it out and only had 4 days to prepare. I thought it was a great game plan for a very inexperienced rookie Qb with little preparation. I see no discrimination if there was any they wouldn't have drafted him. If ready BB would have allowed him to throw more and he probably would have next game. 

JEEZ! What BAD LUCK for the Patriots: Starter UNJUSTLY suspended, the HEIR hurts shoulder while looking promising in sub duty, and NOW the Rookie who can play now tears his thumb! WHY such bad luck with QBs and THIS team?!!?!?

IS THERE NO JUSTICE FOR THE NewEnglanders?!?!?!?!?

No big deal.

If Fitz can beat the Bills, I'm sure Edelman will light them up.

Unlike Fitz's injury last year it's his right thumb (throwing hand). Again too bad for Jacoby he might not even get a chance to play again with NEP let alone start. Saying that BB caused that injury because he didn't allow him to throw that much is even dumber than saying that it was Fitz's fault that Marshall and Decker are banged up. I mean every day someone on this board outdoes the previous dumbest comment. Maybe we should have a stupid meter. I know what you're thinking I'd win on that one every day. But not today. :)

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

IS THERE NO JUSTICE FOR THE NewEnglanders?!?!?!?!?:D

You smoking something? Those cheaters will still win with their cheerleaders throwing passes. 

Archived