Jacoby Brisset tears thumb ligament

FTL Jet Fan

2 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Now what is the plan, should be interesting.

As per PFT

Report: Jacoby Brissett tore a thumb ligament, may need surgery

New England Patriots quarterback Jacoby Brissett runs onto the field to warm up before an NFL football game against the Houston Texans Thursday, Sept. 22, 2016, in Foxborough, Mass. (AP Photo/Charles Krupa)AP

The Patriots had wide receiver Julian Edelman as their backup quarterback last night. He might have to start next week.

According to Mike Petraglia of WEEI.com, Patriots quarterback Jacoby Brissettsuffered a torn thumb ligament in the second half of last night’s win over the Texans, and may need surgery to stabilize the injury.

That’s a huge blow for the Patriots, one game before Tom Brady’s return from suspension. Jimmy Garoppolo was inactive last night because of his surgery.

The Patriots brought T.J. Yates and Sean Renfree in last week to look at potential depth signings, and they may need to add one to get them through their final Brady-less game.

Gisele could play QB for the Pats and the rat-bastards would win !!!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PatriotReign37 said:

10 days is not enough time to teach a QB the principles NE offense.

They will have to sign someone but NE is better off with Edelman at QB.

Brissett was running about as simple an offense as you can get so that would not be a problem with a vet QB, also Edleman is a very key part of the passing offense, he is better served catching the ball.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

has a team ever just forfeited a game?  could be the ultimate FU to Goodall and the rest of the AFC East 

Rex is a dead man walking, don't be surprised to see Rex & Rob eschew all of the presnap BS that mesmerized the Texans & Bills just attack what they see. That's how you play that crap. They've simplified the offense to the core, a fake WILL BE A FAKE, attack the QB attack the RB, attack the TE, don't sit back & try to decipher anything. The Texans played on their heels. If you see Edelman streak behind the QB, he's getting the ball.

I think that's what your going to see from Rex & Rob. This is one of those it's gonna be closer than you think games in Gillette next week.

• Upvote 1

I think Rex has a shot against NEP, a good shot. The Bills do not suck (maybe he does but they don't) and their D is very good (except for the coaching that is). Tyrod is a Qb who can create problems and they have a great Rb in Mccoy, a good TE in Clay and very good receivers. They will win games this season but the high mark could be 8 after ab 0-2 start. 

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Rex is a dead man walking, don't be surprised to see Rex & Rob eschew all of the presnap BS that mesmerized the Texans & Bills just attack what they see. That's how you play that crap. They've simplified the offense to the core, a fake WILL BE A FAKE, attack the QB attack the RB, attack the TE, don't sit back & try to decipher anything. The Texans played on their heels. If you see Edelman streak behind the QB, he's getting the ball.

I think that's what your going to see from Rex & Rob. This is one of those it's gonna be closer than you think games in Gillette next week.

I would love to see Rex win that game, the post game and the following week would be pure entertainment

of course thats assuming he is still the HC after Arizona

19 hours ago, glenn31 said:

2 Pats QBs now down for the count,,,

Pig.

Slaughter.

Ripe. 

By the time we play them our defense should be firing on all cylinders.  Brady is going to be in for a world of hurt....    Our offense with the emergence of Enunwa and J. Marshall, addition of Forte and and possible contributions from Anderson/Peake plus improved ST (Marshall), I think we will kick some serious Pats ass.  

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

They are the unluckiest 3 and 0 team forever. It is scary to think that if Brady didn't get hurt they would be 3 and 0 right now.

If these young QBs are dropping like flies, then Brady coming in cold just as the league is warming up may be very dangerous for him. Not wishing for an injury, but players starting late get injured at a pretty high rate. The thing is that they cannot do any better with him. Maybe it'll be a nice change to have them play with the old man.

I'm also glad we don't play them until the end of November. I'm thinking Belichick has something crazy schemed up for Brady once he has his HOF QB back. I'm sure he's dying to open up his maniacal playbook. We'll need the 6 weeks of film on him...if he does happen to survive.

31 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I think Rex has a shot against NEP, a good shot. The Bills do not suck (maybe he does but they don't) and their D is very good (except for the coaching that is). Tyrod is a Qb who can create problems and they have a great Rb in Mccoy, a good TE in Clay and very good receivers. They will win games this season but the high mark could be 8 after ab 0-2 start. 

If Brissett plays then they'll be carbon copy teams with NE being the better coached. 

You really don't want to play Rex one dimensionally though. He won't play a vanilla zone like Houston did. He will load up to stop the run.

BB is 27-3 against the Bills over the last 15 years.

But Rex gives them a "good shot" to win in Foxboro?

That's some funny stuff.

13 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

That's some funny stuff.

It's not exactly BB vs Rex. It's also Taylor vs the Patriots waterboy or whomever they play at Qb. Tyrod did ok against them last year esp the first game. And the Bills were competitive. And that was with Brady. Talent wise they match up against them. Coaching wise forget about it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

That's some funny stuff.

Funny is you telling us what BBs record is against the Bills to dispute what Rex does vs the Pats as if its the same thing

Thats some funny stuff.