Larz

### Jets \ Chiefs --- The Official Game Thread ###

The clown car that is NFL officiating rolls on.  You can leave the final decision to the referee when he and his entire crew missed the play in the first place.  Call should be made by a video judge.

• Upvote 1

Jets D still can't get off the field on third and long.  How about we try something different to address that.

Gee, that ball they're giving the Jets must have pig grease all over it.  Anybody looking for a butt fumble next?

Well, at least the Mets won.  That makes my sports day half a success.

Gee, you'd think with ten days off, they'd have a little more energy.

Interesting but useless nonsensical statistical fact.  Jets are losing 17-0.  Mets won today 17-0.

• Upvote 1

Are there enough commercial breaks in this game?  Before they even went to this game, late because of the OT Miami-Cleveland, they put up 8 ads, a s action ID, a promo for Kevin James' lame new show.  Missed a chunk of the first quarter which I guess I shouldn't complain about--but this is just a bunch of commercials interrupted occasionally by a game.

Front is great against the run, but the secondary is eminently exploitable.  How about we let the front four rush the QB and have all other hands defend the pass?

Alright! We're forcing the Chiefs to burn their TOs early!!!  (Got to celebrate something...)

• Upvote 2

Another slant.  Where's the physicality on these Chief receivers?  Jam them and mess up the timing.  Aw, what's use?  I care more than they do.  And we know what's wrong with that picture.

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

The Jets have better players than the Chiefs. By like, alot.

You couldn't prove that by the season I've seen so far.

I wish CBS would show us the play.  He looked to have the first down.

Fitz's performance in this game is eerily similar to game 16 last year.  To me, he's not playing "within himself".  He's trying to do too much and call it leadership.  He could've and should've just throw it away on second down as soon as he was forced to step up.  But he thought he could still make the play.  He can't and it's a low percentage throw for any QB.  Maybe he's not smart enough to realize that?  I dunno.

• Upvote 1

Why isn't that a late hit on Fitz?  Two steps?  Ball was out and he didn't pull up.

• Upvote 1

Wow.  Officiating PI and DH calls is so inconsistent.  KC defenders have their hands on Jet receivers all the time and in this game it's being allowed.  I've seen plenty of games where you just touch a receiver beyond 5 yards and there's a flag.  

• Upvote 1

Looks to me like Fitz is pre-deciding where he's going to throw the ball regardless of whether the receiver is covered.  He hasn't checked down to a second or third option all day.  What's up with that?  Yes, he's not Bart Starr reincarnated, but he is and has been better than this.

• Upvote 1

Whoever made up this schedule really hates the Jets.  Or Woody Johnson.  I'm not all that happy he owns this team, come to think of it.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Why is Bowles putting Fitz out on the field? 

Punishment. :)

• Upvote 1

One glaring fact from the first 3 weeks -  This is a tight end league and we have none.

Still early in the season.  1-2 is not the end of the world.  They have a ton of repair work to do.  What matters now is how effective those repaired prove to be next week against Seattle.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company