Larz

### Jets \ Chiefs --- The Official Game Thread ###

I like the way this is setting up today 4:25 game on national TV the Jets go into Arrowhead and kick the Chiefs asses 

27 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What do you  mean "national TV?"   I am here in the nation and this sh*t is not on.

4:25 is usually the marquee game 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

RIght.  Steelers-Eagles here in DC metro.

Jets Chiefs in the tri-state area where the Jets are located 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The Jets are always on in the tri-state area.  So are the Giants.  That is how I watch most of the games.  I drive up for the weekend.  I don't get it.

Well if you live in California I wouldn't expect the 4:25 game to be the Jets around here its the marquee game today. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm a Fitz fan but this game was on him. He didn't have to throw those six picks. If he didn't we were in the game. Even with 3 on some of those drives it would have been close. I don't know what he was thinking about. 

LOL 

FLORHAM PARK — The Jets on Sunday went 0 of 4 in the red zone while losing 24-3 at the Chiefs. Did the Jets' pass-happy approach inside Kansas City's 20-yard line hurt them?

Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall didn't say exactly that after the game. But he did say the Jets might be getting "too cute" in the red zone. He declined to specify what he meant by "too cute." 

Consider that the Jets had 14 snaps in the red zone Sunday, though one technically wasn't a play, because the Chiefs were flagged for defensive pass interference on an incomplete pass.

The Jets ran just three times in the red zone Sunday — two 2-yard gains by Matt Forte and a 3-yard gain by Bilal Powell. They passed 11 times, including the play that ended with pass interference. 

Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick completed just two passes in the red zone Sunday — a 4-yarder to Quincy Enunwa and a 7-yarder to Powell. Fitzpatrick also threw three interceptions, all into the end zone. He had five other incomplete passes in the red zone, not including the pass interference play. 

How does this compare to the previous week, when the Jets thrived in the red zone at Buffalo, going 4 of 7 with scoring touchdowns? 

Well, the Jets ran 10 times in the red zone at Buffalo and passed three times — basically the reverse of Sunday's approach. Fitzpatrick was 2-of-3 passing in the red zone against the Bills, including a 5-yard touchdown to Eric Decker.

Jets' 2016 game-by-game picks

Jets' 2016 game-by-game picks

Will the Jets make the playoffs?

The Jets' 10 red zone running plays in Buffalo resulted in 43 yards — including 37 yards for Forte, on eight carries. Forte ran for touchdowns of 1, 3, and 12 yards. 

In Kansas City, though, the Jets opted to not run the ball in a couple red zone situations that might have called for it. 

In the third quarter, they had first-and-goal at the 5, and Fitzpatrick threw an incomplete pass and interception on the next two plays. 

On the Jets' next drive, they had first-and-goal at the 6. Same thing — incomplete and interception on the next two plays. 

In both of those situations, the Jets trailed 17-3. But both times, they decided to throw the ball, deep in Chiefs territory, and came away with zero points when they desperately needed touchdowns. 

Darryl Slater may be reached at dslater@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @DarrylSlater. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company