### Jets \ Chiefs --- The Official Game Thread ###

Larz

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

They are 1-2 in conference and yes, a win against Seattle will help very much.

Thanks for the correction, my point was the 2 conference losses hurt the Jets wild card chances and the Bengals and Chiefs had more playoff implications then the Seahawks game will - we will all be happy with a win 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, ECURB said:

He had Geno named the starter before he got knocked out... So why not go back to who he thought was better last offseason...

You are aware that Fitz was still recovering from a broken leg last preseason, no?

I'm no Fitz fan, but Geno is garbage too...not to mention he ain't gonna be here next year anyway.

So if I'm a betting man, Fitz plays until at least Petty is healed...then the change will be made, but not to Geno.

Just now, JiF said:

Yep.  It was like they never watched any tape on the Chiefs.  

Im done with Fitz and Bowles.  

Yup, they made a lot of sense. They don't usually get on the game planning and coaching that badly but everything they said was true. The coaching on this team really really concerns me. #Clueless

38 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Geno cohldnt have done worse. 

Parcells would have pulled jesus uf he needed to.  He played to win.  Desperate to qin each game.  Bowles pretty much accepted the loss by 3 qtr and just kept going.  No changes no adjusting

Guess you missed the game that Geno threw 3 INT's in the FIRST quarter.

Listen....I as a fan, as well as you as a fan, know Fitz ain't great...at best he's average, and some games like today's he downright putrid.  But hoping on Geno is a lost cause.  i was almost hoping that Bowles put Geno in, just to finally get some closure on the Geno thing.  Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't fault the Jets for switching QB's...if Petty is healthy, because good or bad, he'd get meaningful experience and he is the guy we need info on, not Geno.

Whatever.

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

Guess you missed the game that Geno threw 3 INT's in the FIRST quarter.

Listen....I as a fan, as well as you as a fan, know Fitz ain't great...at best he's average, and some games like today's he downright putrid.  But hoping on Geno is a lost cause.  i was almost hoping that Bowles put Geno in, just to finally get some closure on the Geno thing.  Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't fault the Jets for switching QB's...if Petty is healthy, because good or bad, he'd get meaningful experience and he is the guy we need info on, not Geno.

Whatever.

Geno Smith should of never been playing . Fitz suppose to be the new Rich Gannon a vet who's lightbulb finally went on. I think this comparison is horrible .

11 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

This is funny . Cause I watched him underthrow 2 Recievers who had there man beat deep should of had 6 .

Just because Fitz sucked doesn't mean no one else on the team also didn't suck. our receivers played a poor game the ball quite literally hit them in the hands multiple times and they dropped it. Enunwa had one of those in the end zone when we were only losing by two scores. Because Fitz threw some bad balls (alot of them) doesn't mean the receivers should be dropping the few he throws well.

FLORHAM PARK — The Jets on Sunday went 0 of 4 in the red zone while losing 24-3 at the Chiefs. Did the Jets' pass-happy approach inside Kansas City's 20-yard line hurt them?

Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall didn't say exactly that after the game. But he did say the Jets might be getting "too cute" in the red zone. He declined to specify what he meant by "too cute." 

Consider that the Jets had 14 snaps in the red zone Sunday, though one technically wasn't a play, because the Chiefs were flagged for defensive pass interference on an incomplete pass.

The Jets ran just three times in the red zone Sunday — two 2-yard gains by Matt Forte and a 3-yard gain by Bilal Powell. They passed 11 times, including the play that ended with pass interference. 

Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick completed just two passes in the red zone Sunday — a 4-yarder to Quincy Enunwa and a 7-yarder to Powell. Fitzpatrick also threw three interceptions, all into the end zone. He had five other incomplete passes in the red zone, not including the pass interference play. 

How does this compare to the previous week, when the Jets thrived in the red zone at Buffalo, going 4 of 7 with scoring touchdowns? 

Well, the Jets ran 10 times in the red zone at Buffalo and passed three times — basically the reverse of Sunday's approach. Fitzpatrick was 2-of-3 passing in the red zone against the Bills, including a 5-yard touchdown to Eric Decker.

Jets' 2016 game-by-game picks

Will the Jets make the playoffs?

The Jets' 10 red zone running plays in Buffalo resulted in 43 yards — including 37 yards for Forte, on eight carries. Forte ran for touchdowns of 1, 3, and 12 yards. 

In Kansas City, though, the Jets opted to not run the ball in a couple red zone situations that might have called for it. 

In the third quarter, they had first-and-goal at the 5, and Fitzpatrick threw an incomplete pass and interception on the next two plays. 

On the Jets' next drive, they had first-and-goal at the 6. Same thing — incomplete and interception on the next two plays. 

In both of those situations, the Jets trailed 17-3. But both times, they decided to throw the ball, deep in Chiefs territory, and came away with zero points when they desperately needed touchdowns. 

Darryl Slater may be reached at dslater@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @DarrylSlater. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

FLORHAM PARK — The Jets on Sunday went 0 of 4 in the red zone while losing 24-3 at the Chiefs. Did the Jets' pass-happy approach inside Kansas City's 20-yard line hurt them?

Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall didn't say exactly that after the game. But he did say the Jets might be getting "too cute" in the red zone. He declined to specify what he meant by "too cute." 

Consider that the Jets had 14 snaps in the red zone Sunday, though one technically wasn't a play, because the Chiefs were flagged for defensive pass interference on an incomplete pass.

The Jets ran just three times in the red zone Sunday — two 2-yard gains by Matt Forte and a 3-yard gain by Bilal Powell. They passed 11 times, including the play that ended with pass interference. 

Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick completed just two passes in the red zone Sunday — a 4-yarder to Quincy Enunwa and a 7-yarder to Powell. Fitzpatrick also threw three interceptions, all into the end zone. He had five other incomplete passes in the red zone, not including the pass interference play. 

How does this compare to the previous week, when the Jets thrived in the red zone at Buffalo, going 4 of 7 with scoring touchdowns? 

Well, the Jets ran 10 times in the red zone at Buffalo and passed three times — basically the reverse of Sunday's approach. Fitzpatrick was 2-of-3 passing in the red zone against the Bills, including a 5-yard touchdown to Eric Decker.

Will the Jets make the playoffs?

The Jets' 10 red zone running plays in Buffalo resulted in 43 yards — including 37 yards for Forte, on eight carries. Forte ran for touchdowns of 1, 3, and 12 yards. 

In Kansas City, though, the Jets opted to not run the ball in a couple red zone situations that might have called for it. 

In the third quarter, they had first-and-goal at the 5, and Fitzpatrick threw an incomplete pass and interception on the next two plays. 

On the Jets' next drive, they had first-and-goal at the 6. Same thing — incomplete and interception on the next two plays. 

In both of those situations, the Jets trailed 17-3. But both times, they decided to throw the ball, deep in Chiefs territory, and came away with zero points when they desperately needed touchdowns. 

Darryl Slater may be reached at dslater@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @DarrylSlater. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

No game plan, no identity, no vision. 

Who is this team?  What are they supposed to be?  

The question is, nobody ******* knows. 

Archived