Is Jalin Marshall becoming a problem?

Freemanm

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

I think the coaches are the problem.  It was obvious in preseason Marshall holds the ball in a way that is susceptible to fumbles.  Apparently the coaches never noticed this and saw fit to correct it.  Now they pay the price for their lackadaisical coaching.

He's got explosive speed, I'll give him that, but is becoming known (at least to me) as a chronic fumbler. There's no quicker way to exit the NFL when you get that reputation

47 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

He had a fumble that was returned for a TD against the Bills, and another one in this game. He also fumbled on a KO return in preseason. I'm beginning to see why he wasn't drafted. Will his fumbles become his demise as a Jet and in the NFL?

So Tiki Barber must have been a problem too.

16 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

People complain the Jets are an old team and they never develop any young players and then when they try, they aren't willing to live with the growing pains. He's not a problem. There are much bigger problems that make the smaller issues magnified. 

I agree about giving the kids a shot, I 100% support this approach. The guy has handed two touchdowns away in 3 games though. I wouldn't classify that as a smaller issue.

35 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

People complain the Jets are an old team and they never develop any young players and then when they try, they aren't willing to live with the growing pains. He's not a problem. There are much bigger problems that make the smaller issues magnified. 

They pulled him and replaced him with Enunwa.  So, the Jets think it IS a problem.

48 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Like QB

53 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You know, for a crazy guy, you say some of the most sensible things on this board.

I actually don't know why in clutch situations Gailey went to him so much. Kind of like what he did with Devin Smith last year. These are not the situations you put him into esp since as a receiver he was inconsistent in pre-season. But he did make a few plays. But on STs and on offense I don't know if we can tolerate drops and turnovers. His turnover started the Jets on a downward slope and made the team at least think they had to play from behind and try to force Tds that weren't there. 

1 hour ago, Jets Daily Dosage. said:

Why Robby Anderson isn't starting over him baffles me

THIS.  The guy was the most impressive rookie on the team on either offense or defense and yet for some reason the CS has such a hard on for Marshall (who I like).  The guy needs a seat on the bench to clear his head and in the meantime Anderson and even Peake needs to see some action in the weeks to come. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Why is he playing over Robby Anderson who had a better preseason and is more explosive?  It makes absolutely no sense. 

Archived