Todd Bowles

UnitedWhofans

3 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I have to say this:

Bowles needs to find an identity.

This team has underperformed, last year and, so far, this year.

I've been saying this for a while now.  What's the identity, what's the vision?  I don't see one.

Hes a lace them up and let's go coach.  No adjustments.  Just stubborn scared coaching.  

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He was outcoached in terms of game planning. That's like saying a full grown Doberman can out run a Doberman puppy.

But even with that they could have won the game. So it isn't his fault, because even with his negatives, they could have won this game. 

You know what? Even Rex would have stopped it... We know he did with Sanchez more than once and even had to go green yellow red qith him

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He was outcoached in terms of game planning. That's like saying a full grown Doberman can out run a Doberman puppy.

But even with that they could have won the game. So it isn't his fault, because even with his negatives, they could have won this game. 

So why is he here then? Not saying "Fire him now!". But he doesn't get involved in the offense, and that is not being an NFL HC in 2016. That's unacceptable. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

No. A better coach would not have. They would not risk injury to the backups like a pitcher taking one for the team

What? Risk injury to backups?

Now you are saying he not only let Fitz fall apart he put him in harms way... And you still dont think he is to blame...

You are crazy

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I've been saying this for a while now.  What's the identity, what's the vision?  I don't see one.

Hes a lace them up and let's go coach.  No adjustments.  Just stubborn scared coaching.  

The extra point last week should have put off the fire alarms at Florham Park. 

2 minutes ago, ECURB said:

What? Risk injury to backups?

Now you are saying he not only let Fitz fall apart he put him in harms way... And you still dont think he is to blame...

You are crazy

Do you think Belichick benches Tom Brady in that situation. And in terms of Jets QBs Fitzpatrick may just as well be Tom Brady

I don't think he does

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Who says he doesn't?

As per most of the writers at Florham Park, he speaks with Gailey every Tuesday to discuss the game plan. He doesn't meet with Fitz at all. And he has no real role in the offense on game day. Seems like a sharp guy, but that is not gonna work.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Do you think Belichick benches Tom Brady in that situation. And in terms of Jets QBs Fitzpatrick may just as well be Tom Brady

I don't think he does

If Brady threw 6 INTs? He would at the very least not have been out there on the last drive.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The extra point last week should have put off the fire alarms at Florham Park. 

Every week there is something and often more than one boneheaded move. The end of the half today down 14, I was literally baffled.  He really has no feel for the game. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Every week there is something and often more than one boneheaded move. The end of the half today down 14, I was literally baffled.  He really has no feel for the game. 

no urgency....he seems to be on a different planet on the sidelines

I'm speculating here but I took Bowles "sh!tty game plan" comment in his presser as a dig at Gailey more so than at the defense.  The D did seem to adjust at half time and played good enough to win without the turnovers.  7 pts off a pick-6, 7 pts off a special teams fumble and 7 pts off of a drive starting at the 32-yd line out of 24 pts surrendered...

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

no urgency....he seems to be on a different planet on the sidelines

Good coaches know the clock, the score, timeouts, strategy,  immediately. They get it. Bad coaches worry about calling plays and not much else. The rest of that  stuff is beyond them. And so far Bowles unfortunately doesn't get that. The taking a knee at half with 3 timeouts was AWFUL.The pace when they had the ball needing 2 scores in the 4th was a joke. 

Just now, Bugg said:

Good coaches know the clock, the score, timeouts, strategy,  immediately. They get it. Bad coaches worry about calling plays and not much else. The rest of that  stuff is beyond them. And so far Bowles unfortunately doesn't get that. The taking a knee at half with 3 timeouts was AWFUL.The pace when they had the ball needing 2 scores in the 4th was a joke. 

Stroll in the park. Like every other coach we've had. Belichick laughs at this sh*t.

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

They went no huddle. 

34 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

No timeouts used at the end of the 1st half. No hurry up offense until it was too late . Unfortunately , it seems like going with yet another Defensive minded HC is going to yield the same sh*tty results we've seen for over a decade. I thought Bowles was different , after today I have my doubts. 

Not using the timeouts at the end of the 1st half was just sh*tty coaching.  Bowles wasn't the reason the Jets lost today but that was a head scratcher.  And by the way, didn't we draft two fast and mobile linebackers to stop the opposing tight ends from raping us every week?  Just checking.

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

Not using the timeouts at the end of the 1st half was just sh*tty coaching.  Bowles wasn't the reason the Jets lost today but that was a head scratcher.  And by the way, didn't we draft two fast and mobile linebackers to stop the opposing tight ends from raping us every week?  Just checking.

Not really considering the offensive performance.

I mean seriously, they turn the ball over 8 times and we blame he head coach.

I smell agendas and even, dare I say it, racism.

Jeez...honestly?

WTF people...every time a black man is criticized, it ain't 'racism'.  He coached a crappy game today, from pre-game prep to in game management.

And the outcome of the game is ALWAYS attributed to the HC...it's what he's responsible for.

Racism?  LMAO.

3 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Jeez...honestly?

WTF people...every time a black man is criticized, it ain't 'racism'.  He coached a crappy game today, from pre-game prep to in game management.

And the outcome of the game is ALWAYS attributed to the HC...it's what he's responsible for.

Racism?  LMAO.

Which in some cases is not fair. And I believe in fair criticism where it is due.

Andy Reid outcoached Todd Bowles in game planning, which is to be expected given the experience difference.

And yet the Jets still could have won this game if Ryan Fitzpatrick did not have a crappy game.

And about the racism, I don't know another logical, common sense reason for the bitching.

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This is ridiculous.  Here's a news flash - Bowles had a sh*tty game.  Not the reason they lost, but he was awful.  The few times he could have impacted the game - he didn't .  Time management was TERRIBLE at the end of the first half, and in the second half, after it was painfully obvious that Fitzpatrick was done, he didn't pull him.  Both of these **** ups didn't cost the Jets the game, but both were bad moves by the coach, regardless of the coach being black, white, green, or blue.

Which in some cases is not fair. AI believe in fair criticism where it is due.

Life itself ain't fair.

When your team looks like sh*t, part of it is the players, and some of it is on the coaches who are supposed to put players in the position to succeed...and in this case, Bowles didn't.

But it ain't racist to complain about the HC's role in this piece of sh*t game, so just get lost with that crap.

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

This is ridiculous.  Here's a news flash - Bowles had a sh*tty game.  Not the reason they lost, but he was awful.  The few times he could have impacted the game - he didn't .  Time management was TERRIBLE at the end of the first half, and in the second half, after it was painfully obvious that Fitzpatrick was done, he didn't pull him.  Both of these **** ups didn't cost the Jets the game, but both were bad moves by the coach, regardless of the coach being black, white, green, or blue.

If they didn't cost the Jets the game, I don't care. And nobody should. That's like a homeless man complaining about the paint color in his new house. 

Call me when he actually 100% loses a ball game for us.

Yes he did. His game plan was brilliant. It took advantage of the youth of the young linebackers and confused them from covering the TE

His game plan was standard KC Chiefs staple since Reid's been there and Smith has been the QB.

Dink, dunk, short stuff over the middle on 3 step drops.  Smith ain't gonna beat you deep with any regularity.

Brilliant?  Can't believe the Jets didn't scheme their D to stop it.

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

players play and coaches coach and I've been a big bowles supporter since he took the helm,  but there are some alarming things regarding bowles: 

1 - propensity to give up big plays.   Last year we blamed it on cromartie, this year revis.  you need to make teams go all the way down the field - in more than 1 play.   this is a coaching / scheme issue.  

2 - clock management / lack of urgency - end of 1st half today and rather than call timeouts and get the ball back they basically just let the chiefs run out the clock.   then in the 4th they basically snapped the ball between 1-5 seconds left every snap.   and wtf was Marshall even doing in the game once it was out of reach?  

Just now, greenwave81 said:

His game plan was standard KC Chiefs staple since Reid's been there and Smith has been the QB.

Dink, dunk, short stuff over the middle on 3 step drops.  Smith ain't gonna beat you deep with any regularity.

Brilliant?  Can't believe the Jets didn't scheme their D to stop it.

You misunderstand. The game plan may have been usual Chiefs, but the mixing up of the playcalls was brilliant. Plus using crosses to pull teh LBs away from the TEs was brilliant too.

If they didn't cost the Jets the game, I don't care. And nobody should. That's like a homeless man complaining about the paint color in his new house. 

Call me when he actually 100% loses a ball game for us.

Sorry, I want a coach that is able to make consistently good football decisions.  Don't care if he's black or blue or from the moon.  And If said coach does a sh*tty job, he is fair game for criticism, regardless or the outcome of the game.

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

Sorry, I want a coach that is able to make consistently good football decisions.  Don't care if he's black or blue or from the moon.  And If said coach does a sh*tty job, he is fair game for criticism, regardless or the outcome of the game.

Wrong. Who is going to be on the back page? Todd Bowles or Ryan Fitzpatrick. Answer: Ryan Fitzpatrick.

22 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

no, racism has nothing to do with it.   

I think as long suffering fans we are more prone to overreaction than most.   we don't necessarily expect a super bowl this year but we want to see progress...not the abortion that we saw today.   the HC is ultimately accountable for the product on the field and today's performance was terrible.   

Archived