Jace Amaro

sirlancemehlot

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

It would make a loooooot of sense if he went on to have a Hall career from here on out. The reason that would make sense is because there is no God and we are alone in the universe which means we really are subject to the decisions of Woody Johnson.

I hope not.  Woody is trying to get Trump elected. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It would make a loooooot of sense if he went on to have a Hall career from here on out. The reason that would make sense is because there is no God and we are alone in the universe which means we really are subject to the decisions of Woody Johnson.

may as well eat at arbys

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

bucs fans are afraid ASJ finally sobers up here and becomes all pro

its the same all over

11 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Bullsh*t.  He played one year as a rookie; was injured last year and did not play.  This would have been his second season; if he goes on to be great it will be another example of being impatient with a young player and watching them blossom somewhere else.   Meanwhile we sign a guy with drinking and attitude problems who also struggled with drops his first few years. I think Mac knows he ****ed up by cutting Amaro and is trying to find lucky with ASJ

I think there's a good chance of this, for all the many immediate written applause and assumptions that it was a wise move. Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't. Maybe he was directly challenging one of the coaches in front of the team. Hopefully not, because they could have just suspended him for something like that. Also hopefully this 3 catch performance is the best game for the remainder of Amaro's career. 

I think there's a good chance of this, for all the many immediate written applause and assumptions that it was a wise move. Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't. Maybe he was directly challenging one of the coaches in front of the team. Hopefully not, because they could have just suspended him for something like that. Also hopefully this 3 catch performance is the best game for the remainder of Amaro's career. 

I really wish amaro the best. I almost got the feeling that the jets failed him and not the other way around. He had a lot of potential unfortunately he spent a lot of time injured and probably didn't fit what our new coaches were looking for in a tight end. If he is successful I wouldn't hold it against macc he has faith in his coaches and their system and gave them the best players to make the team successful. Macc also brought a ton of talent both young and old to our roster so if he messed up cutting one player it really isn't that bad.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Amaro was a lazy player who was strutting around like a BMOC after being drafted in the 2nd round because he caught over 100 balls in crappy college games against 5'-7" CBs. By all accounts he wasn't a hard worker & was athletically limited.

ASJ is an athletic FREAK with a drinking & attitude problem. Even Bill Belichick gave Aqib Talib & Haynsworth a spot on the Pats roster. Both complete & utter garbage as human beings. This is the NFL, National felony league.

let's be fair; he couldn't block; that left him as a big slow receiver who kept dropping passes and fumbled in the pre-season. Q took that position away AND he blocks better.

Jalin plays a completely different position; if Amaro could block, return kicks, or even catch he would still be here.

It is a testament to how good our WR corp is this year; it was a numbers game and Amaro wasn't as good as Q in catching and blocking. Clearly, Mac is still looking for a TE; Amaro wasn't it. 

3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

I really wish amaro the best. I almost got the feeling that the jets failed him and not the other way around. He had a lot of potential unfortunately he spent a lot of time injured and probably didn't fit what our new coaches were looking for in a tight end. If he is successful I wouldn't hold it against macc he has faith in his coaches and their system and gave them the best players to make the team successful. Macc also brought a ton of talent both young and old to our roster so if he messed up cutting one player it really isn't that bad.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Yeah well I hope he sucks. Last thing I want to see is us give up on a high draft pick before the first game of his 3rd (some would say 2nd) season, and have him become the asset we drafted him to be. 

You guys realize that Amaro also had a drinking problem back at Texas Tech? That he had anger issues and an attitude pribkem, and on top of that was out if shape and had the dropsies? Good for him for having a good day with Tennessee....but ASJ was the superior talent and hopefully can at least start calling Uber after having a few ....

8 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You guys realize that Amaro also had a drinking problem back at Texas Tech? That he had anger issues and an attitude pribkem, and on top of that was out if shape and had the dropsies? Good for him for having a good day with Tennessee....but ASJ was the superior talent and hopefully can at least start calling Uber after having a few ....

He's just another lousy Idzik pick

Stephen Hill had way better games than 59 yds versus the nfl's worst defense and was also a 2nd round pick let's bring him back too

3 hours ago, drdetroit said:

He's just another lousy Idzik pick

Stephen Hill had way better games than 59 yds versus the nfl's worst defense and was also a 2nd round pick let's bring him back too

We're on the same page. I was responding to the people complaining that ASJ had a DUI. Who cares ? Mandate that he calls Uber to get around. He was a better prospect than Amaro 

Bowles cut Amaro not Macc, I mean it's ultimately Macc's decision but he didn't draft or have ties to the guy so he had no problem cutting him.  It's clear in any of the press conferences in the preseason that Bowles saw Amaro as soft making comments about him always being hurt especially if he's not gonna be a good blocker.  I had hopes for Amaro this year but so far one thing this FO has done is shown a decent eye for finding talent (other than QB). If ASJ can get his head on straight he's a way superior talent to Amaro but of course that's a big if.

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2016 at 10:36 PM, Jetsbb said:

WTF!?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!

Based on what? All reports out of camp was he was excelling. A couple of drops in meaningless preseason playing live games for the first time in over a year means nothing. Its called developing your high round picks. Macagnon didn't  want an Idzik player that's all it was.

What reports out of camp?  And these reports are more important than meaningless preseason games?  LOL

He sucked, he did nothing for us.  Guess what, he really hasnt done anything since he was cut.

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What reports out of camp?  And these reports are more important than meaningless preseason games?  LOL

He sucked, he did nothing for us.  Guess what, he really hasnt done anything since he was cut.

We can kill Mac and Bowles for alot of things but they definitely made the right call cutting Amaro.  Dude is a stiff.

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

We can kill Mac and Bowles for alot of things but they definitely made the right call cutting Amaro.  Dude is a stiff.

Funny part is he was a favorite whipping boy of fans until he was released.  

Always wonder why people think that coaches and GMs want to get rid of players that would help them win games

On 9/25/2016 at 10:32 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

He sucked for us.  If he goes on to be great its not our fault.  He was so bad for us we had no choice to cut him.

He was the best TE we had on the Jets roster, demonstrably so.  We cut him, to keep some not-even-a-JAG guy named Davis, who himself is now gone.

No need for revisionist history, the Jets totally devalue the TE position and an offensive weapon, so kept the "blocker" TE's and cut the only potentially decent pass catcher TE we had.  Another example of the misguided nature of Chan as O-Co.  

the guy was always hurt/unavailable and again missed a couple of weeks in TC..If you didn't notice they cut guys that just couldn't be counted on to be available come Sunday--Milliner, Amaro, McDougle (since signed to 53 man after spending all season on PS). What good is promise/talent if you can never be counted on for practice/game availability  

the trend continues..2016 stats show ytd 2 games played

3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

What if he totally sucks and is a problem child in the locker room?

Then you keep him apparently.  Why because.

Just like you think that a guy who cant catch or block should be kept over a player who at least can block. What sense does any of this make.  Some fans beed to stop telling us who is demonstrably better than others.  Especially when they consistently push players who ultimately prove themselves to suck.  

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Then you keep him apparently.  Why because.

Just like you think that a guy who cant catch or block should be kept over a player who at least can block. What sense does any of this make.  Some fans beed to stop telling us who is demonstrably better than others.  Especially when they consistently push players who ultimately prove themselves to suck.  

Amaro was a good blocker?  That's news to me

37 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Amaro was a good blocker?  That's news to me

No, I said he was a player who couldnt block or catch.  Yet he was called demonstrably better than any other TE on the roster.  I am saying Davis could block better.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

He was the best TE we had on the Jets roster, demonstrably so.  We cut him, to keep some not-even-a-JAG guy named Davis, who himself is now gone.

No need for revisionist history, the Jets totally devalue the TE position and an offensive weapon, so kept the "blocker" TE's and cut the only potentially decent pass catcher TE we had.  Another example of the misguided nature of Chan as O-Co.  

Sorry, I read that they were trying to move him to an H-back type roll (like they did with Q), but Q was a better receiver, better speed, and better blocker. Plus Amaro was always hurt. Put that together with the fact that he worked all off-season on catching and still had the drops when he played. WR has tremendous depth on this team, so why keep a TE that couldn't block?

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

The dude was a Pass catching TE who was having trouble catching the ball . A blocking TE who can actually block or a Pass catching TE who can't catch . Who should I keep ?

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

The dude was a Pass catching TE who was having trouble catching the ball . A blocking TE who can actually block or a Pass catching TE who can't catch . Who should I keep ?

But where is the "better" blocking TE today? 

8 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/CB-McDougle-Joins-Roster-TE-Davis-WaivedInjured/c2afec02-70f4-4b34-8cda-44d9d3658ed6

Do you think the fact that the player was injured and the Jets needed a roster spot had anything to do with where Davis is presently ?

If he was that good why didn't they just IR him? Why not cut one of the other useless TE's we have on the roster to create space?

Archived